Prospect Info: 2020 NHL Draft 197th Overall Pick, Giant Swedish Goalie

Hi ImHFNYR

Jan 10, 2013
Wherever I'm standing atm
I like taking big goalies with late picks, they always seem to take longer to get in their groove and develop right.
I think people are sleeping on Huska. He’s another big kid who has enough talent to be a solid nhl back up. I doubt he’ll ever be a full time starter. But he looked solid for us in the preseason against the Flyers not too long ago. He really came on in Hartford and helped solidify the goal tending situation there. He at least gave the team a chance to win every night, not too many stinckers.
Hartford wasn’t exactly a powerhouse last season either. I think we are going to see a vast improvement of his numbers with Hartford’s revamped defense this season. He’s going to open some eyes.
Right now, talent wise There’s still hope for him and Garand imo.
I would have absolutely taken Wallstedt when he fell as well, but over the next 4 seasons we are going to need the help at wings cheap/ELC top 9, then in goal.
There’s still 2-3 season to find a potential next starting goalie via the draft before shesty new deal enters the discussion. Hopefully Ollas can find his game in that timeframe as well
Yeah I honestly never watched Wall so I didn't form an opinion on it, I was just pointing out he wasn't necessarily blaming this pick for skipping on the 1st round goalie. Like you said, that was more about taking forwards

jay from jersey

Jan 30, 2008
Húska was mediocre last year and mediocre the year before. He hasn't been consistently good since he was a sophomore in college. I've been his biggest cheerleader, but time is running out for him. If he doesn't show real progress this year (at age 24) I'd expect him to be out of the organization next year. Guys who can do what he did the past two seasons are literally a dime a dozen.

hartfords goaltending was quite poor. He stabilized it a bit. I’m looking fwd to seeing what he can do with a full year and better overall team. I rather roll the dice with him as a back up they to keep Georgiev and pay him what we are paying him. Especially since there is a market for Georgi. Teams like ARI and perhaps even buffalo may want a guy who is more proven and can play more then what they currently have.
Only way his value gets better at the TDL, is if he plays well when called upon, and injuries rear their ugly head for some teams in the hunt

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad