Prospect Info: 2020 NHL Draft 197th Overall Pick, Giant Swedish Goalie

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
ollas-780x470.jpg

It's wild that he plays such a low butterfly. Although if his legs close properly, his pads would take up the entire bottom of the net.

JCProdigy

Apr 4, 2002
I want what I want
This thread, holy shit this thread I needed tonight. Thank you Rangers for choosing him in the 7th.

Huge o llas ?

I believe that's Swedish for 'A whale's vagina'

D3kQjrSXoAA0pxO.jpg

I think his neck is about 9 inches. So without that, he's really only about 6'4".

Wow, if he dies, he dies. ....someplace, somewhere, Steve Valiquette is shedding a single tear.

Found another picture of him that shows context of his size:
Too%20Tall%20Ike

Crease

Chief Justice of the HFNYR Court
Jul 12, 2004
Kid wasn’t even conceived yet when the Rangers drafted Lundqvist.

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
I definitely like this pick. He is more accomplished than one might expect from such a late pick. Should be able to accomplish a lot with hard work. There is no denying the obvious advantage a big goalie can have.

27549F37-3D1E-4C81-91F0-8A60AA9E0124.png

ManUtdTobbe

Jun 28, 2016
Sweden
I hate this pick about as much as you can hate a 7th rounder. Why do NHL teams continue to pick these big goalies with a sub .900 Sv%?

Okay I lied, if he was a big CHL goalie with a sub .900 Sv% I would have hated this pick even more.

Evaluating and scouting goalies continue to be the NHLs biggest market inefficiency. How a team can pick these types of guys over guys like Lassi Lehtinen, Jesper Myrenberg, Dmitri Nikolaev or Vsvelod Skotnikov, to name a few, is beyond me...

Siamese Dream

Feb 5, 2011
United Britain of Great Kingdom
I hate this pick about as much as you can hate a 7th rounder. Why do NHL teams continue to pick these big goalies with a sub .900 Sv%?

Okay I lied, if he was a big CHL goalie with a sub .900 Sv% I would have hated this pick even more.

Evaluating and scouting goalies continue to be the NHLs biggest market inefficiency. How a team can pick these types of guys over guys like Lassi Lehtinen, Jesper Myrenberg, Dmitri Nikolaev or Vsvelod Skotnikov, to name a few, is beyond me...

The one that always baffled me who never even got an NHL look was Benjamin Conz from Switzerland. Was playing against men in good leagues in his draft eligible years, was a WJC all star and best goaltender, has had a great career in the NLA

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->