NFL: 2020 NFL off-season news & notes discussion thread (Cowboys & Texans players have COVID-19)

NYSPORTS

back afta dis. . .
Jun 17, 2019
Dave Gettleman press conference one of the worst. A dinosaur who continually contradicts himself a perfect fit for the directionless Giants

they are officially in the Trevor Lawrence sweepstakes for 2021 (not that this GM would draft the kid or pick up the ringing phone to trade back).

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Dave Gettleman press conference one of the worst. A dinosaur who continually contradicts himself a perfect fit for the directionless Giants

they are officially in the Trevor Lawrence sweepstakes for 2021 (not that this GM would draft the kid or pick up the ringing phone to trade back).
Way too early to predict who will be in the bottom 3 next season. Talking about 3 or 4 WIN teams now.

Who will be the worst teams in the NFL in each division barring serious injury to the QB?
NFC
West - AZ or LAR - think Murray improves and Rams are good enough to not sink to 3/4 wins
North - Det or Chi - Bears still have a defence. Lions, played final few games without Stafford.
South - TB or CAR - CAR if they move off Cam and start a rookie. TB if Winston doesn't cut down on turnovers
East - WAS or NYG - new coaches on both teams with 2nd year QBs. Haskins is more raw so I think NYG more likely to be ahead of them
AFC
West - LAC or DEN or LV - LAC/LV could cut bait on their current QB. Rookie starter would take time. Denver, full year with Lock. But, still young
North - CIN - need talent, so a contender again. Thus, makes the option of taking Young here a consideration, then they are back at the bottom again, with a more physically talented QB to select over Burrow
South - Jax - Think Indy has overall good talent. Brissett is ok, not great. Jax, state of flux.
East - MIA - NE will not fall apart IMO. full season with Darnold, Buffalo on the rise.

I see Washington, Cincy in the bottom 3. QB decision for other teams will determine who else lands there.

NYSPORTS

back afta dis. . .
Jun 17, 2019
Way too early to predict who will be in the bottom 3 next season. Talking about 3 or 4 WIN teams now.

Who will be the worst teams in the NFL in each division barring serious injury to the QB?
NFC
West - AZ or LAR - think Murray improves and Rams are good enough to not sink to 3/4 wins
North - Det or Chi - Bears still have a defence. Lions, played final few games without Stafford.
South - TB or CAR - CAR if they move off Cam and start a rookie. TB if Winston doesn't cut down on turnovers
East - WAS or NYG - new coaches on both teams with 2nd year QBs. Haskins is more raw so I think NYG more likely to be ahead of them
AFC
West - LAC or DEN or LV - LAC/LV could cut bait on their current QB. Rookie starter would take time. Denver, full year with Lock. But, still young
North - CIN - need talent, so a contender again. Thus, makes the option of taking Young here a consideration, then they are back at the bottom again, with a more physically talented QB to select over Burrow
South - Jax - Think Indy has overall good talent. Brissett is ok, not great. Jax, state of flux.
East - MIA - NE will not fall apart IMO. full season with Darnold, Buffalo on the rise.

I see Washington, Cincy in the bottom 3. QB decision for other teams will determine who else lands there.

I know, I’m just ticked.

regardless, this Giants org has shown zero signs of anything besides Stone Age thinking. The Williams trade was ridiculous while the GM has done nothing more than contradict himself. His moves including the signing and parting of OBJ killed the cap and was ridiculous. Eli at $23 million for a few games? Ridiculous

Gettleman with all this FA money will likely send the Giants into cap hell based on his history of poor player evaluations. Mocking analytics and not taking ownership of so many screwups is scary. Did analytics really motivate him to trade a high 3rd for FA Williams? Crazy

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Rams GM Les Snead doesn't regret record deals for Jared Goff, Todd Gurley

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id...ad-regret-record-deals-jared-goff-todd-gurley
If you were the GM would you go on record regretting these deals?
Gurley, did they do a complete medical on him prior to the deal? If so and it all checked out then they did their due diligence. If the arthritis came up after well not much you can do.

Goff, the costs for QBs won’t be going down. Down year for him. They could have waited and have him play on his 5th year option for what around $25 million next season before they have to franchise tag him? Goff lacks top end physical talents. If the OL doesn’t hold up he can’t do much to extend the play.

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
If you were the GM would you go on record regretting these deals?
Gurley, did they do a complete medical on him prior to the deal? If so and it all checked out then they did their due diligence. If the arthritis came up after well not much you can do.

Goff, the costs for QBs won’t be going down. Down year for him. They could have waited and have him play on his 5th year option for what around $25 million next season before they have to franchise tag him? Goff lacks top end physical talents. If the OL doesn’t hold up he can’t do much to extend the play.
I agree. He can't criticize those contracts or players because he hitched his wagon to them.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
Bears really could have drafted Watson or Mahomes at #2 without either being a reach.

Instead they took the one-season starter :facepalm: :laugh:

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Bears really could have drafted Watson or Mahomes at #2 without either being a reach.

Instead they took the one-season starter :facepalm: :laugh:
Yet no one else gives crap to the other qB needy teams who passed on Mahomes and Watson as well. SF did Not have Jimmy G and took DT Allen at #3.
Jets didn’t have Darnold yet and took Adams.
Bengals too WR Ross.
AZ had the pick after Watson. Could have moved up.

bears get the heat, and deservedly so because they took trubisky. But other teams didn’t have a qb and passed on both those guys. Neither was talked about as sure fire pro bowl qbs.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
Yet no one else gives crap to the other qB needy teams who passed on Mahomes and Watson as well. SF did Not have Jimmy G and took DT Allen at #3.
Jets didn’t have Darnold yet and took Adams.
Bengals too WR Ross.
AZ had the pick after Watson. Could have moved up.

bears get the heat, and deservedly so because they took trubisky. But other teams didn’t have a qb and passed on both those guys. Neither was talked about as sure fire pro bowl qbs.

As BWC, Bears traded up for him which doesn't help their case.

Watson/Mahomes were rated highly and thats not just revisionist history.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
As BWC, Bears traded up for him which doesn't help their case.

Watson/Mahomes were rated highly and thats not .

As BWC, Bears traded up for him which doesn't help the

Watson/Mahomes were rated highly and thats not just revisionist history.
They were rated as first round talents for sure.
Yet the 49ers opted to roll into the following year with Hoyer, the Jets with McCown, and Bengals with Dalton over selecting either QB.

I think those teams should get heat for passing on them as well. If you had to rate Mahomes, Watson, Jimmy G, and Darnold who would be at the top?

Last edited:

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
49ers kept tabs on Jimmy G until finally getting him. Bears could have had Jimmy G via trade but our GM liked Mitch over him so it was moot point just as our GM could have had Brissett but again was not fan of him

So right there are two QB's the Bears could have had but passed on via trade. Both #'s and much better QB's then Mitch

Then our GM did not want Watson or Mahomes and traded up to get his guy. He has bragged about how he doesn't care if he gives up assets to get the player he wants at draft (Has done trade up thing several times already squandering assets). He hitched his wagon to Mitch as a franchise QB and it has been complete failure one that will haunt franchise for years to come. When you fail at #2 overall it is historic mistake

Our GM also by drafting QB in 2017 made it clear he was not fan of 2018 class which included future stud Jackson and guys like Allen and Darnold who I am more a fan of then Mitch and who appear to have more talent IMO

So you have an entire list of mistakes made by our GM because he fell in love with Mitch and wanted to show everyone just how much smarter then everyone else he is!

Reactions: Voight

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
Cowherd isn't as bad as a lot of guys out there, and some of the things he says I actually agree with, but this is just ridiculous. I dont think Brady will leave the Pats let alone for the Colts and that arse Irsay.

Besides, theres this floating around which kind of makes sense. Lets Indy continue to try and make the playoffs and I doubt they will have to give him more than 2 or 3 year deal.

NFL execs believe Philip Rivers could be a fit for Colts this offseason if he leaves Chargers, per report

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Why the hell would Indy want to downgrade from Brissett to Rivers?

Hell at this point Brissett isn't that off from what Brady currently is

I would rather have Brissett then declining Brady

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Cowherd isn't as bad as a lot of guys out there, and some of the things he says I actually agree with, but this is just ridiculous. I dont think Brady will leave the Pats let alone for the Colts and that arse Irsay.

Besides, theres this floating around which kind of makes sense. Lets Indy continue to try and make the playoffs and I doubt they will have to give him more than 2 or 3 year deal.

NFL execs believe Philip Rivers could be a fit for Colts this offseason if he leaves Chargers, per report

Cowherd likes the Colts GM Ballard. Thinks they have good talent outside of the QB position. He also thought the Chargers would be a good fit for Brady because of their roster last season which was very good. They just have a lot of injuries and can't overcome the poor play of Rivers this season.

Say Hey Kid

MI retired Nick Saban
Dec 10, 2007
Bathory, GA
"Russell Wilson is having a historic season. He seems to break a different record every game. In Week 12, he became the first quarterback to start his career with eight straight winning seasons. In Week 13, he joined Peyton Manning as the only quarterbacks to start their careers with eight straight 3,000-plus-yard and 20-plus-touchdown seasons. In Week 15, he became the winningest quarterback over his first eight seasons in league history and the quarterback with the most multiple-touchdown and no-pick games over his first eight seasons. Oh, and he's never missed a game." https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id...son-seahawks-where-positivity-corniness-reign

Reactions: Voight

tony d

Jun 23, 2007
Behind A Tree
Brady to the Colts would be nice for this Colts fan but the only way Brady leaves the Patriots is through retirement.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 6
    Staked: $6,201.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,447.00