Injury Report: 2020 NFL Injuries Thread (Packers LT LT David Bakhtiari has torn ACL)

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Can NBC flex out of that game or is it too late? Sheesh.
No. Main reason this game is on is between the result does not depend on another game. Wash gets in if they win. They are out if they lose.

Chicago and GB is dependent on the AZ and LA game. If AZ wins then Chi is in and GB may have nothing to play for if SEA loses.

LA and AZ could have been the game. But no Goff for LA.

AFC WC, all dependent on the other games.

Marc the Habs Fan

Nov 30, 2002
Longueuil
We already saw an instance this season where they bumped a game off SNF like 2 days before (the Bucs-Raiders game)...so technically they could.

Some big COVID news:

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
We already saw an instance this season where they bumped a game off SNF like 2 days before (the Bucs-Raiders game)...so technically they could.

Some big COVID news:

Bucs are pretty much locked into the WC1 spot barring the RAMS beating AZ without Goff, Kupp, Akers. But, White is now at risk of not being eligible for the WC game next weekend.

Kamara, same situation as White, missing this week isn't a killer as I expect GB to beat Chicago to earn the bye. But, it's next week's game that is at risk.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
Still say they should have flexed Bears/Packers. That game is either win and in or win and Packer clinch #1 seed.

misterchainsaw

Preparing PHASE TWO!
Nov 3, 2005
Rochester, NY
Still say they should have flexed Bears/Packers. That game is either win and in or win and Packer clinch #1 seed.
Then the Cards/Saints/Seahawks all lose and you've got two sets of backups playing a meaningless game. ;)

Not to mention giving Chicago and Green Bay advance knowledge of their rivals results, which the NFL historically has been loathe to do with the week 17 SNF game

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
Another Browns coach tests positive today. This comes after they had their first practice of the week yesterday, so who knows who will be knocked out by contact tracing. The practice facility is closed yet again.

I think the Browns are going to get rolled on Sunday. There's a limit to how much covid chaos any team can overcome.

Reactions: PanthersPens62

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
I tweeted a Packers writer that question but no response.
I know that the Bengals don't have an indoor practice facility, and with the Packers being a public company, I don't know if they spent the money for one. If they have an indoor facility, then probably no reason for the Pack to be practicing outdoors given the game is in Chicago, and it's just bad luck that it happened. I've seen BB make his players go out in the snow in NE before (though I don't believe that they actually held a full practice) for an upcoming home game.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Another Browns coach tests positive today. This comes after they had their first practice of the week yesterday, so who knows who will be knocked out by contact tracing. The practice facility is closed yet again.

I think the Browns are going to get rolled on Sunday. There's a limit to how much covid chaos any team can overcome.
For the Browns to be able to have held practice yesterday, that must have been within NFL protocols with a full day of negative results. I don't see the NFL pushing this game back. Poor Steelers, they've had Titans, Ravens already messing up their schedule this year and in the final game which does nothing aside from seeding between 2/3, it's a meaningless game for them and they are prepared to sit Ben.

Pitt might be better off telling the NFL to cancel the game rather than risk exposure to their players.

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
For the Browns to be able to have held practice yesterday, that must have been within NFL protocols with a full day of negative results. I don't see the NFL pushing this game back. Poor Steelers, they've had Titans, Ravens already messing up their schedule this year and in the final game which does nothing aside from seeding between 2/3, it's a meaningless game for them and they are prepared to sit Ben.

Pitt might be better off telling the NFL to cancel the game rather than risk exposure to their players.
Eh, the Steelers have their own covid problems.

Didalee Hed

I’m trying to understand
Sep 14, 2019
I know that the Bengals don't have an indoor practice facility, and with the Packers being a public company, I don't know if they spent the money for one. If they have an indoor facility, then probably no reason for the Pack to be practicing outdoors given the game is in Chicago, and it's just bad luck that it happened. I've seen BB make his players go out in the snow in NE before (though I don't believe that they actually held a full practice) for an upcoming home game.
Packers have both indoor and outdoor practice facilities.

Didalee Hed

I’m trying to understand
Sep 14, 2019
I don't know if it was inside or outside, but it wasn't a pads practice.. sounds like it was just unfortunate.
I’m curious to see how they restructure the line. Last time I think they replaced Bakhtiari with Turner and put Wagner in at RT from the bench. Ive seen speculation they may use Jenkins at LT.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
I’m curious to see how they restructure the line. Last time I think they replaced Bakhtiari with Turner and put Wagner in at RT from the bench. Ive seen speculation they may use Jenkins at LT.

I think they have to right now because one of the other tackles is hurt as well.

Hope whatever they do works, team was rolling but not having Bakthiari effects deep drops.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad