Injury Report: 2020 NFL Injuries Thread (Packers LT LT David Bakhtiari has torn ACL)

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
The Browns could be in a world of hurt on Sunday. They now have their starting FB, RT, kicker, and long snapper on the covid list. Their backup RT is on the covid list. Myles Garrett is home sick but hasn't tested positive for covid (yet?).

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Brutal for Cincy. Indicating more than just the acl. So question is will he be ready for week 1 next season. QBs don’t have to make cuts like RB or WR.

Penny for Seattle tore his in like week 15 or so last season. Through 11 weeks hasn’t suited up for Seattle. OBJ was back in week 8 or 9. So coin flip if he’s ready week 1.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
The way he laid on the ground told me there was something more.

Sep 19, 2008

Pretty rough to hear about this. I saw it happen live on TV and I was so sad when it happened. I was a fan of his at LSU watching him play ball and I was hoping for great success from him. He was doing a great job too.

Get better.

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
that's just shitty. hope he can make a full recovery but you never know with injuries like that

that franchise just can't catch a break

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Pretty much worst case scenario for Burrow. There's no good ACL injury but if that's all it was then he could've been back to start next season. That seems very unlikely now based on what I've read because of the additional damage.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg

Hopefully it goes like Watson's torn ACL recovery and not like the destruction of Wentz' career since the torn ACL.

Wentz' fall from grace is unrelated to the ACL at least individually. He put up two good to great years stats wise and basically dragged the Eagles to the playoffs last season.

It's more the mental aspect of the game he's screwing up, which imo is more scary if i were an Eagles fan.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017

Pretty rough to hear about this. I saw it happen live on TV and I was so sad when it happened. I was a fan of his at LSU watching him play ball and I was hoping for great success from him. He was doing a great job too.

Get better.

Key point is that every player heals differently. AP returned after he tore his in week 17 and rushed for over 2k yards. Meanwhile Penny for Seattle another RB tore his around week 15 and has missed the first 10 weeks of the season. So his recovery is taking about 3 months longer than AP just as a comparison by position.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
that's the crappy side of the business of the game. He came off his 4 year rookie contract, yet no 5th year option picked up. But ends up with a franchise tag? I thought the 5th year option would be cheaper than the tag.

Career earnings through 5 seasons is about $25 million, so he has money. But an ACL to a LB/DE, he won't be ready for the start of next season. So, doubtful he sees a contract with term and guaranteed money.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad