GDT: 2020 NFL Draft

Status
Not open for further replies.

JoemAvs

Jul 2, 2011
I really don't see GB picking a QB that high right now. I'd be very surprised and for exactly the reason you mentioned.

I have seen some Mahomes comparisons. IMO these are a bit off but he seems like the perfect candidate to sit behind someone great for a year or two and learn from them...
So it wouldn't surprise me if a team like GB or NO picks him earlier than anticipated...

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
If the Browns miss out on a tackle because they are gobbled up before pick ten, it would be so depressing.

Also, here's a nice summary of where things stand going into round one:

The top end tackles are Wirf, Becton, and Wills (RT), and Thomas. Should be a gap before you get to Jones and Jackson in the 20's range.

In the top 10, barring a trade, Cin/Was/Det won't go after an OT. NYG should, Miami could if they don't like the QB at their spot, LAC could use one if they do not go QB, Carolina I think goes D, AZ should to protect Murray, Jax they seem prepared to stink this season to secure a top 2 pick for Lawrence/Fields in 2021, so I don't think they go QB (not familiar enough with their roster to know their OL, but most mocks have them taking D here). I think 1/4 top end tackles should be there, but definitely possible that all are gone.

Are they prepared to move up to secure one or do they view Jackson/Jones as close enough to the top end guys that they would then trade down into the teens to grab them later?

Elvis P

Revolution was a B side
Dec 10, 2007
ATL

BostonBob

4 Ever The Greatest
Jan 26, 2004
Vancouver, BC
Hopefully Jerrah can get one of these players with the #17 pick in the first round:

- CJ Henderson ( CB - Florida ) most Mock Drafts have either Denver ( #15 ) or Atlanta ( #16 ) picking Henderson but hopefully he falls to Dallas
- K'Lavon Chiasson ( DE - LSU ) I've seen this guy listed anywhere from #10 to #22
- Javon Kinlaw ( DT - South Carolina ) another guy that is ranked by some to be a top 10 pick and by other to be a low 1st round pick
- Xavier McKinney ( S - Alabama ) not as much of a team need as CB but if the top CB's are already off the board I would be OK with adding the top ranked Safety to the Cowboys defense

If these 4 are gone then I could see Jerry trading back and picking up some extra picks.

Last edited:

AtlantaWhaler

Thrash/Preds/Sabres
Jul 3, 2009
So looking forward to the draft tonight. A real sporting event...

Feels like it's been ages.
Couldn't agree more. It'll be the first time in over a month that there will be no Disney Plus or Netflix on my TV. Can't wait!

Reactions: Tuggy

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Is Jordan Love any good?

People keep mocking him to the Packers at 30 (although I'm confused why the Packers would use that asset when theres a small window left for Rodgers and holes on the roster).

I could see Eason to Packers in round 2

As much as maximizing Rodgers window is big grabbing Eason in round 2 would be great value

Reactions: WeThreeKings

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle
Draft Day+Free time + ESPN+ watched Elway to Marino. About the '83 draft.

One thing conspicuously absent is anyone saying ... or more to the point admitting... they had Blackledge, Eason or O'Brien over Kelly and Marino. Plenty of guys saying they were pounding the table for Dan. ;)

Even the Raiders schill saying they were scared off about the drug rumors about Marino, which is dubious coming from a THAT franchise.

Jive Pawnbroker

One day next week
Feb 18, 2009
on SCTV
To be fair

O'Brien was not a bad pick by Jets. He actually was a solid QB and more then lived up to 24th overall pick expectations

Not fair the hate he gets

Dan Marino is the only reason the O'Brien pick gets trashed. There were lots of doubts about Marino after his horrible senior year at Pitt and that is why he fell so far in the draft that year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $50.00