GDT: 2020 NFL Draft

Status
Not open for further replies.

DougieSmash

WE'RE IN! WE'RE IN! YES! YES! WOO!
Jan 2, 2009
Prediction: Simmons goes in top 5. Most talented player not named Chase Young. Espenesa won't be drafted in first round.

Roof Daddy

Apr 1, 2008

Saw that and thought it was extremely odd. From everything I’ve read, there’s not much separation between Wirfs, Wills and Becton from an overall prospect grade (I get that some have more polish, others better athleticism). Is that really worth coughing up a 2nd (rumoured price tag) just to go from 5 to 3 and know you’re getting your guy? There is - at worst - a 33% chance you still get the favoured guy at 5 anyway. I’d weigh that against the chance you pick a productive player at 37, and I’d roll the dice with standing pat.

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
I usually hang out with friends during the 1st round. Tonite 3 of us are going to one of their bars that is closed to hang out at different tables to watch.

Remember when the Falcons traded 2 1st's, a 2nd and 2 4th's to move up to get Julio Jones? Looks like they are trying again

Sep 19, 2008
I usually hang out with friends during the 1st round. Tonite 3 of us are going to one of their bars that is closed to hang out at different tables to watch.

Remember when the Falcons traded 2 1st's, a 2nd and 2 4th's to move up to get Julio Jones? Looks like they are trying again

good luck w tha
t

Reactions: OmniCube

JoemAvs

Jul 2, 2011
Saw that and thought it was extremely odd. From everything I’ve read, there’s not much separation between Wirfs, Wills and Becton from an overall prospect grade (I get that some have more polish, others better athleticism). Is that really worth coughing up a 2nd (rumoured price tag) just to go from 5 to 3 and know you’re getting your guy? There is - at worst - a 33% chance you still get the favoured guy at 5 anyway. I’d weigh that against the chance you pick a productive player at 37, and I’d roll the dice with standing pat.

I would assume the Dolphins are going QB if they trade up. Makes sense to leak its for a tackle if you want to keep down the price, though.

At #5 there is a chance that both Tua and Herbert are gone (1 seems pretty likely) and it very well could be that the Dolphins have a clear priority.

member 157595

I would assume the Dolphins are going QB if they trade up. Makes sense to leak its for a tackle if you want to keep down the price, though.

At #5 there is a chance that both Tua and Herbert are gone (1 seems pretty likely) and it very well could be that the Dolphins have a clear priority.

Agreed. If Miami's moving up it's likely to keep someone like LAC away from trading up past #5 for Tua/Herbert (whichever guy they happen to like more.)

Detroit's not going for a QB so moving down to #5 makes a lot of sense for them for the right price.

JoemAvs

Jul 2, 2011
Agreed. If Miami's moving up it's likely to keep someone like LAC away from trading up past #5 for Tua/Herbert (whichever guy they happen to like more.)

Detroit's not going for a QB so moving down to #5 makes a lot of sense for them for the right price.

There is also the wildcard of Jon Gruden. The rumors about him not liking Carr and wanting to move on from him have been around for quite some time now.
And he has tons of draft capital to make it happen if he wants to. It makes sense for Miami to move up to #3 ( I assume Young to WSH is a lock and too expensive for anyone to move up to) to make sure they get the guy they like. They have more than enough picks to do that...

member 157595

There is also the wildcard of Jon Gruden. The rumors about him not liking Carr and wanting to move on from him have been around for quite some time now.

Good point but I don't know what the Raiders would be willing/able to move to get up that high. It would take a lot. However, Gruden has an ego the size of Jupiter so it wouldn't surprise me to see him sell the farm for a player he's in love with.

And he has tons of draft capital to make it happen if he wants to. It makes sense for Miami to move up to #3 ( I assume Young to WSH is a lock and too expensive for anyone to move up to) to make sure they get the guy they like. They have more than enough picks to do that...

Yeah the first two picks should be set. Young is the best player in the draft IMO, he's one of the best edge prospects I've seen and he's the type of guy you have to gameplan around because he's so versatile and disruptive. If I'm Washington's GM I don't move that pick for anything realistic.

If the Dolphins absolutely want to ensure they get their QB they may have to move up to #3 for him to cut off any other suitors. A #5 to #3 jump wouldn't take a massive amount of capital and the Lions are a willing trade partner. If they can move down to #5 and still get Okudah or Simmons then why not?

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Is Jordan Love any good?

People keep mocking him to the Packers at 30 (although I'm confused why the Packers would use that asset when theres a small window left for Rodgers and holes on the roster).

member 157595

Is Jordan Love any good?

People keep mocking him to the Packers at 30 (although I'm confused why the Packers would use that asset when theres a small window left for Rodgers and holes on the roster).

I really don't see GB picking a QB that high right now. I'd be very surprised and for exactly the reason you mentioned.

Reactions: WeThreeKings

Kel Varnson

Oct 31, 2017
Is Jordan Love any good?

He's all projection. Has an unbelievable arm and highlight real but threw 17 picks in the Mountain West. Someone's likely going to pick him day one and a team like Green Bay would be beneficial because he'd have at least two years to sit.

Don't believe the Patrick Mahomes comp tho he's way more raw than even Mahomes was. More of a Deshone Kizer imo.

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle
I hate the Cowboys as much as anyone but good lord this must be terrifying for them

funny-gifs-cat-warm-popcorn.gif

Finally a sports event!

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
He's all projection. Has an unbelievable arm and highlight real but threw 17 picks in the Mountain West. Someone's likely going to pick him day one and a team like Green Bay would be beneficial because he'd have at least two years to sit.

Don't believe the Patrick Mahomes comp tho he's way more raw than even Mahomes was. More of a Deshone Kizer imo.

For me, they need to come out of the draft with a top two round receiver, an ILB, OT, TE and a DL who can help stop the run.

Unless Fromm or Eason is there in the mid rounds and the value is there. I don't think this is the year to find the QB to sit behind Rodgers unless Tu'a does a Rodgers level fall.

member 157595

For me, they need to come out of the draft with a top two round receiver, an ILB, OT, TE and a DL who can help stop the run.

Unless Fromm or Eason is there in the mid rounds and the value is there. I don't think this is the year to find the QB to sit behind Rodgers unless Tu'a does a Rodgers level fall.

I've always wondered who GB was looking at in the 1st round in 2005 prior to Rodgers' unexpected fall. Team already had Jenn Sterger at QB and a lot of holes.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Seems like it’s a race for who trades up to 3. Dolphins have more firepower but if they’re not taking Tagavailoa they should stay put. If the Dolphins really are taking a tackle, then the Chargers don’t have to do anything either unless they’re worried about someone behind them.

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
If the Browns miss out on a tackle because they are gobbled up before pick ten, it would be so depressing.

Also, here's a nice summary of where things stand going into round one:

Reactions: Tuggy
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated: