OT: 2020 NFL and NCAAF thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
I could see Brate or Howard being traded on draft day, they are both good and Howard still has potential. I believe the Bucs are in the drivers seat. I thought I was reading yesterday that the Bucs deployment of their TEs last year showed that they used Howard as the blocking TE and Brate for offensive TE snaps (showing that they were trusting Howard to block which for some reason I don’t remember last year but maybe I was only looking for yards and TDS).

One thing lost out of all of this is that signing Brady for a 2 year attempt (Gronks agent says he hopes to play at least 2 years as well) at an all in Super Bowl saved the Bucs from giving Winston a massive contract that he doesn’t yet deserve. They would’ve been forced to give him some ridiculous deal out of necessity and would’ve immediately regretted it.

It should be interesting after the draft and some vets are cut to see who is willing to play with Brady for the league minimum.

My opinion is that if Brady really wanted to win he’d have stayed in NE. I think this move is more about making sure he outlasts Brees and can grab those personal records.

Ripshot 43

Jul 21, 2010
My opinion is that if Brady really wanted to win he’d have stayed in NE. I think this move is more about making sure he outlasts Brees and can grab those personal records.

I think we will hear more and more that Brady and Belichek were at odds and won despite that. Meaning I think Brady is doing this inspite of his old coach and wants to add to his legacy and not just pad stats. 2 top WRs and no state income tax doesn’t hurt either :laugh:

Reactions: tr83 and My3Sons

My3Sons

Sponsor
I think we will hear more and more that Brady and Belichek were at odds and won despite that. Meaning I think Brady is doing this inspite of his old coach and wants to add to his legacy and not just pad stats. 2 top WRs and no state income tax doesn’t hurt either :laugh:

I largely agree but Brady’s tweet when Brees broke one of the records last season was telling in my view. He’s got his rings and at this point winning in TB would be a fantastic accomplishment but I’m skeptical that a SB is the primary reason he is continuing to play.

Reactions: Ripshot 43

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007

Tampa Bay now has infinitely better receivers than the Pats have had since the days of Moss and Welker in their prime. Their defense is also better than people realize cause Mr. Pick Six kept putting them behind the a-ball last year. And while Arians is no BB he’s pretty good compared to most others. The main thing holding them back from being win now is they still have to deal with the Saints in their own division.

Reactions: Billdo and My3Sons

My3Sons

Sponsor
Tampa Bay now has infinitely better receivers than the Pats have had since the days of Moss and Welker in their prime. Their defense is also better than people realize cause Mr. Pick Six kept putting them behind the a-ball last year. And while Arians is no BB he’s pretty good compared to most others. The main thing holding them back from being win now is they still have to deal with the Saints in their own division.

those two teams might score 40 plus points each in both games

Billdo

Oct 28, 2008
Ocean County
I don't think it has anything to do with that. To me this is more of Brady trying to prove that it wasn't Belichek who made them great but him.

Billdo

Oct 28, 2008
Ocean County
Carolina will be better with Bridgewater as well and the Falcons aren't a push over. The division is probably the best in the league and will be a blood bath.

Ripshot 43

Jul 21, 2010
uh what? Where did you see that?

I will try to find it again but the article I was reading said that the Lions have been operating the last few days as if they are drafting from the 5 spot and that the assumption is that the Dolphins wouldn’t of had to move up to take Tua who should be there at 5.

The same article mentioned how the Dolphins were trying to trade for the 3 pick without giving up the 5th overall so they could flip both to the Bengals for Joe Burrow but the Bengals have no interest.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Well so far no technical glitches and no Patriots hacks (that we know of).

Jason MacIsaac

Jan 13, 2004
Halifax, NS
Jets are almost all but guaranteed one of Shenault Jr, Mims, Higgins or Pittman Jr. I am tracking only Indianapolis as a team taking a WR ahead of the Jets to start the second.

Jersey Fresh

Video Et Taceo
Feb 23, 2004
T.A.
It would have been completely asinine to go WR at 11, glad the Jets didn't screw it up.

Becton looks like an absolute mountain. Even if he has to refine his game a bit, he can open some lanes for Bell right away.

Jason MacIsaac

Jan 13, 2004
Halifax, NS
It would have been completely asinine to go WR at 11, glad the Jets didn't screw it up.

Becton looks like an absolute mountain. Even if he has to refine his game a bit, he can open some lanes for Bell right away.
I agree, 1 team needed a WR between 25 and 48, you are getting 20-30 value at 48. This has been perfectly played by Douglas.

Ripshot 43

Jul 21, 2010
How has everyone felt about their teams drafts thus far?

I know we have Giants, Jets, Dolphins and Bucs fans on here pretty regularly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad