HF Habs: 2020 Montreal Canadiens Play-ins are coming Edition Habs vs Pens

Deebs

There's no easy way out
Feb 5, 2014
If the Danault and Suzy lines can tie the Crosby and Malkin lines, we might just pull off a series W :)

The old Islander strategy against the early 90's Penguins

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
Weise played most of this season in the AHL. Weal is a fringe NHLer.

I can't imagine a difference-maker here. All I can imagine is Domi in his room wondering what the puck he did to Julien to deserve this.

If Sullivan decides to exploit that line thinking it's a weakness and they can keep their head over the water it will be good enough...

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
If Sullivan decides to exploit that line thinking it's a weakness and they can keep their head over the water it will be good enough...

As someone who wants to lose the play-in as swiftly as possible, because we don't deserve to be there, the 9th pick is far more valuable for our team right now and I put no value in the Covid Invitational --

I really, really hope that Julien is stupid enough to allow Domi's line to spend extended shifts against Malkin or Crosby. He and his line will get chewed up and spit out.

Reactions: habsfan891

CHfan1

Apr 23, 2012

I expect both the Domi and Kotkaniemi lines will see a lot of offensive zone starts vs defensive zone because they will most likely face Crosby and Malkin. Probably be a lot of quick changes too if they lose the face off.

Scriptor

Jan 1, 2014
To me, Weal has always been a playoff performer -- as in, play off this team, please.

Anyone who believes that Domi will be centering the 4th line between Weal and Weise is off their rocker.

Weal, however, might well end up beating out the younger Evans and Poehling as 4th line C. That's clearly in Julien's DNA. In fact, he'd likely play Byron there before one of the kids for the play-in round.

I'm pretty sure the two following lines will headline the roster come playoff time:

Tatar - Danault - Gallagher
Drouin - Suzuki - Armia

Beyond that, you can rest assured that Lehkonen will be one of the wingers on the 3rd line. Who C's it? Probably Domi, with KK playing C in the D-zone and LW for the rest of the time. Once in the O-zone, both players will be able to switch out to mix up the opposing D.

4th line? Byron - Weal - Weise

Do I like this? Not in the least but, Julien will be Julien.

Drouin - Suzuki - Armia
Kotkaniemi - Domi - Lehkonen
Byron - Weal - Weise

Chiarot - Weber
Kulak - Petry
Mete - Folin

Price
Primeau (will see zero minutes)

Omar

Oct 10, 2017
If the Danault and Suzy lines can tie the Crosby and Malkin lines, we might just pull off a series W :)

The old Islander strategy against the early 90's Penguins
So amazing to have a team that doesn’t ever actually compete for anything! Hurray!

Reactions: WeThreeKings

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
To me, Weal has always been a playoff performer -- as in, play off this team, please.

Anyone who believes that Domi will be centering the 4th line between Weal and Weise is off their rocker.

Weal, however, might well end up beating out the younger Evans and Poehling as 4th line C. That's clearly in Julien's DNA. In fact, he'd likely play Byron there before one of the kids for the play-in round.

I'm pretty sure the two following lines will headline the roster come playoff time:

Drouin - Suzuki - Armia

Beyond that, you can rest assured that Lehkonen will be one of the wingers on the 3rd line. Who C's it? Probably Domi, with KK playing C in the D-zone and LW for the rest of the time. Once in the O-zone, both players will be able to switch out to mix up the opposing D.

Drouin - Suzuki - Armia
Byron - Weal - Weise

Chiarot - Weber
Kulak - Petry
Mete - Folin

Price

Byron is so underrated around here it's getting silly... The guy has a letter on his chest... He's been delivering like crazy since he's been here. He's not going on the so-called 4th line.

Reactions: domiwroze and the

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
I expect both the Domi and Kotkaniemi lines will see a lot of offensive zone starts vs defensive zone because they will most likely face Crosby and Malkin. Probably be a lot of quick changes too if they lose the face off.

Depends on the circumstances, Sullivan will try to pin them in their own zone, clearly, it will be a cat and mouse game.

That Kotkaniemi line has two elite defensive wingers, that should help...

It could completely change during the game though, maybe Sullivan goes force against force...

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
I know athletes compete to win. This Habs team however resembles the lottery pick team that they were in March.

No way they win this series

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018

I think he said something similar about the Weiss-Thompson-Deslauriers line when he it together. A couple shifts later they were broken up.

Let's hope this latest creation has the same fate. It's not 2006 anymore Clode. The game has changed.

P.s. I almost forgot to mention Martinsen-36 year old Ott-Dwight King. Another Julien-Bergevin special.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
I know athletes compete to win. This Habs team however resembles the lottery pick team that they were in March.

No way they win this series

Unfortunately anything can happen in a short series when everyone's timing is off. Look how many teams start out a season with a very high winning percentage only to end up missing the playoffs...

Reactions: Tyson

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal

Drouin - Suzuki - Armia

Drouin - Suzuki - Armia
Byron - Weal - Weise

Chiarot - Weber
Kulak - Petry
Mete - Folin

Price

Not bad, but switch Domi to LW, keep kotka at C, Lehky is great there at RW, and has sneaky chemistry with domi

Steve Shutt

Don't Poke the Bear
May 31, 2007
Drouin - Suzuki - Armia
Byron - Weal - Weise

Chiarot - Weber
Kulak - Petry
Mete - Folin

Price
Primeau
Looks good - my only changes would be:
  • Switch Weise for one of the kids Poehling/Evans
  • Switch Folin for Juulsen/Fleury
  • Assign KK C and Domi as Wing

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
The Leafs and Flames released their rosters for the bubble yesterday. Both of them will carry 4 goalies. I looked around and I didn't find who the Habs will bring.

We know who will be there. I am curious if they will carry 4 goalies, as well. I also want to know who will be cut. There were 33 players at camp, so they have to cut a minimum of 2 if they will carry the maximum of 31.

If they do carry the maximum of 31, and they go with 4 goalies, my guess is that Dauphin and Belzile will be the ones staying behind.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad