HF Habs: 2020 Montreal Canadiens Play-ins are coming Edition Habs vs Pens

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
For me, the fetishizing of Lafreniere -- penciling his name into our future lines, saying Bergevin NEEDS to make it happen -- is a bit cloying for my taste. This has been going on for months on this board, long before our odds were bumped to 12.5%. Why does it bug me? Maybe for the same reason I dislike the "Anything can happen if we make the playoffs" rallying cry -- it's dreamy wishful thinking that accomplishes nothing.

People want to play the game? Okay, enjoy. Personally, putting so much energy into an amazing stroke of luck is a waste of time when the overwhelming likelihood is either a 9th or 16thOA pick.

I don't mind it in a sense of -- if we won Lafreniere, how does that change our approach in trades, free agency, outlook, etc.

But in that situation, you need to have a dose of reality wherein you discuss how it changes in the VERY LIKELY scenario, that we are not picking 1 and the player we get is 1-2 years out.

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
I want a 5 games series where our kids do outrageously good, but we lose out in the end.

I'm officially in the Fall For Llaf crew.

So do I.....Best scenario would be to win the 2 first games just to lose the 3 following while all our kids do well.
Win the Lottery, crack open a beer and roll one up, enjoy the Leafs getting kicked out of the PO again and then draft Laf.

Ozmodiar

Oct 18, 2017
When someone has the 24th overall Montreal favoured over the Crosby/Malkin led Penguins their system is flawed. If that’s the outcome their first question should be something has to be wrong with my formula.

Unless they cherry picked the last two playoff matchups only.

Which, anyway, is flawed, like you said.

this predictor model is like a GPS app that leads you and your car off a wharf into a lake.

whatever the problem, something is obviously wrong based on the result.

Supersonic

May 27, 2013
Ontario
I want the kids to do great, but I want the Habs to get swept so that Bergevin doesn't get any ammo to justify still going in this putrid direction

I agree with this in a big way. Yes if we get 5 full games we get some valuable icetime and experience for the guys. But I don’t want Bergy being able to remotely convince anyone in the org that this team should of been in the playoffs.

We need a massive overhaul this summer. Pick a lane. If we get Laffy you need to get a top LD and good backup at a minimum to make us somewhat competitive.

CHfan1

Apr 23, 2012
For or against? Or both?

For of course, especially with Kotkaniemi. I think it’ll give him confidence going into the offseason and believe he can still develop into a strong centreman (who is still a few years from his peak). I believe he isn’t the career level AHL bust some posters on here make him out to be.

Last edited:

ahmedou

DOU
Oct 7, 2017
On jase : « Quelle attitude de m****! »
À On jase, Flynn nous parle de l'attitude négative de ceux qui veulent voir le Canadien perdre volontairement.

5 à 7 : Un petit nouveau à l'entraînement du CH (LNH)
Au 5 à 7, Machabée nous parle des débuts de Romanov à l'entraînement du Canadien.

Hockey 360 : Un visage rafraîchissant dans le camp du Canadien (LNH)
À Hockey 360, Bruno et Benoît commentent l'arrivée de Romanov dans le camp du Canadien.

Antichambre : Les carottes sont cuites pour le CH?
À l'Antichambre, les panélistes de l'Antichambre font leurs prédictions sur la série Canadiens-Penguins.

Antichambre : les manchettes des experts (20/07/31)
À l'Antichambre, P.J, Norman et Benoît présentent leur manchette.

ahmedou

DOU
Oct 7, 2017
upload_2020-8-1_19-49-54.png

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad