Montreal
"How does this stick play music?"

qwrWtPi.jpg

''Is this the end you handle the puck with?''

Last edited:

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
How do you do that with 87,4 % chances not getting it.... It's a lottery. Keep dreaming.

Look where our odds were before. All 8 potential winners are very very fortunate.
BTW where did that missing .1% go can I claim that for the Habs?

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
A great opportunity to help develop a young D like Fleury. I doubt Julien cares about that aspect. A 5 game series against Pitt would help Fleury. I think he would hold his own.

Reactions: Runner77 and Rapala

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
A great opportunity to help develop a young D like Fleury. I doubt Julien cares about that aspect. A 5 game series against Pitt would help Fleury. I think he would hold his own.

I've given up on anybody showing any vision whatsoever in this organization. We've passed over far too many opportunities to benefit from our weaknesses under this regime.

Jul 6, 2016
To be fair, every lottery team will have the same odds. So even the team that wins the 1st overall has 87.5% chances of not getting.

Of course, but it's kind of irritating to read every day that IF Habs lose to Pittsburg, they gonna get Lafrenière automatically. Seven other teams have the same % of chances.

Geez, Detroit or Ottawa had so many more chances to get that #1 spot.... and they did not.

Reactions: Adam Michaels

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012
We've shitted on the habs so much these last few days, it's time to reverse the jinx.

Habs in 5.

lol. This is what I'm saying! You look at the last 20 years and I'm pretty sure we do better as the under dogs. We're more often than not the under dogs lol but I'm pretty sure the 3 or so times we had home advantage we lost. We've had our fair share of upsets though as mediocre as we've been.

I'm way too superstitious to keep talking about how we're going to get trounced. If KK and Suzuki can take it to the next level and Drouin wants to go on a patented 5 game hot streak, we still have Domi, Tatar and Gally. Byron and Armia are decent depth too. The good thing is Julien is just so smitten with that Danault line. If you free Gally and Tatar you could actually have some balanced lines but again only if the kids step up along with Drouin and Domi. That line has to stay intact for this series and we should be okay to lose.

Price is always kind of iffy in the playoffs imo anyways but he's still an elite goalie.

The other thing is our D is pretty awful. That should be our saving grace. Even in our mediocre years we always kind of had a solid enough D. I even like Weber, Petry, Chiarot and Mete individually for the most part despite their warts but the left side is just nowhere near good enough. Chiarot as a 3rd pairing guy? Absolutely but our top LD? Jaysus that's bad.

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012
2017 against NYR and 2015 against Tampa but we actually beat Ottawa that year in 2015. Unless I'm forgetting a series :laugh:

haha Right. I thought we lost in the 1st round in 08 when we won the conference. but it turns out we didn't. we lost to ottawa first round in the shortened season when we won the division in '13.

Anyways I like Skip's reverse jinx theory lol.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal

Whether they win or lose, to me, it's more important that the kids get some playing time. I understand at times CJ will want to give his vets a little more. But when I look at Weal and Weise, I don't think there is a difference between those two and Evans & Poehling. In fact, I think the young guys would bring a lot more energy for Domi than Weal and Weise.

Sean Campbell on TSN690 the other day said that at this moment, 10 minutes of Ouellet or Fleury or 12 minutes of Folin or Juulsen won't be the difference.

It's not about making a difference now. It's about making a difference a year or two from now. Those 10 minutes for Fleury or 12 minutes for Juulsen will help them progress to playing 17 minutes or 20+ minutes in the near future. Those minutes are more valuable to the young kids.

Suzuki as 2C and Kotkaniemi at 3C will only help them as the 1C and 2C in the near future.

Grate n Colorful Oz

Hutson Hawk
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca
Of course, but it's kind of irritating to read every day that IF Habs lose to Pittsburg, they gonna get Lafrenière automatically. Seven other teams have the same % of chances.

Geez, Detroit or Ottawa had so many more chances to get that #1 spot.... and they did not.

Find me one person who said that. Shouldn't be too hard, considering you said it happens everyday.

Everybody here knows we only have 12,5% chance of getting the 1stOV.

Yet ironically, everybody here also knows our chance of winning the cup are at least 100 times smaller than that, everybody, except for you, it seems. Since you're obviously arguing for winning, we have to assume you think our chances must be better than 12,5% to get the cup?

tazsub3

May 30, 2016
Whether they win or lose, to me, it's more important that the kids get some playing time. I understand at times CJ will want to give his vets a little more. But when I look at Weal and Weise, I don't think there is a difference between those two and Evans & Poehling. In fact, I think the young guys would bring a lot more energy for Domi than Weal and Weise.

Sean Campbell on TSN690 the other day said that at this moment, 10 minutes of Ouellet or Fleury or 12 minutes of Folin or Juulsen won't be the difference.

It's not about making a difference now. It's about making a difference a year or two from now. Those 10 minutes for Fleury or 12 minutes for Juulsen will help them progress to playing 17 minutes or 20+ minutes in the near future. Those minutes are more valuable to the young kids.

Suzuki as 2C and Kotkaniemi at 3C will only help them as the 1C and 2C in the near future.
So well said. I think playing the kids is huge huge positive. If they do well, team does well and they gain confidence and progress.
If they do bad, we lose, have a chance at laf and they learn from their mistakes and gain experience.
Never a team could afford mistake by young players more then us this year.
yes the bozo want to play oullet or folin,

Reactions: abo9

abo9

Jun 25, 2017

There really is an instructional video for the most mundane thing isn't?

For the game: I'm just too excited for it to be healthy. Kinda want to sleep all day today and tomorrow to wake up to the game. There's not bad outcome yet too, so whatever happens I'll be happy. Habs lose -> Closer to Laf. Habs win -> Woohoo a win. Still keeping it sarcastic to lower expectations.

As our Lord and Savior MB would say, we made the play-(ins)offs, anything can happen.

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
Find me one person who said that. Shouldn't be too hard, considering you said it happens everyday.

Everybody here knows we only have 12,5% chance of getting the 1stOV.

Yet ironically, everybody here also knows our chance of winning the cup are at least 100 times smaller than that, everybody, except for you, it seems. Since you're obviously arguing for winning, we have to assume you think our chances must be better than 12,5% to get the cup?
For me, the fetishizing of Lafreniere -- penciling his name into our future lines, saying Bergevin NEEDS to make it happen -- is a bit cloying for my taste. This has been going on for months on this board, long before our odds were bumped to 12.5%. Why does it bug me? Maybe for the same reason I dislike the "Anything can happen if we make the playoffs" rallying cry -- it's dreamy wishful thinking that accomplishes nothing.

People want to play the game? Okay, enjoy. Personally, putting so much energy into an amazing stroke of luck is a waste of time when the overwhelming likelihood is either a 9th or 16thOA pick.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad