Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mac Hollowell

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

kk87

Feb 12, 2015
Waterloo, ON
I definitely want to temper expectations on Robertson, but for reference...

Quinn just had a great year and got drafted top 10 - he probably projects to be a 30-35ish goal scorer if his development goes really well. He just scored at a 57 goal pace over a full 68 game OHL season; really impressive numbers.

Meanwhile, Robertson - at the exact same age - scored at an *** 81 GOAL PACE **** over a full OHL season. How do you not get excited about that?

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
Liljegren getting slept on. He was a good deal better than Sandin at the AHL level this year and is the much better two way player. Robertson for me then 2 gets tough between Lil and Sandman.
Sandin was better last year, performed better at the NHL level, better international performance, and is younger. Liljegren does tend to get underrated though

Reactions: Dion TheFluff

jaric1862

Jan 14, 2014
I think Robertson has the highest ceiling of all of our prospects by a pretty wide margin. Also have to keep in mind how young he is. If he was born just a few days later, he would of been in this years draft (he’d surely be a top 10 pick considering he out scored Jack Quinn on a much worse team and in less games).

kevsh

Nov 28, 2018
No argument against Robertson's credentials, but I'll go with Sandin until Nick (or Rasmus) definitively settles the debate.

MagicalRazor

Oct 25, 2016
I went Rasmus Sandin I don't see how you can't pick him as the #1

He Absolutely crushed the AHL last year , and was a stand out players at the NHL pretty much coming a top 4 at 19 / 20 years old.

Nick Robertson had an unreal in the OHL and played VERY well in the Playoffs for the leafs . He's easily our . #2

This is no knock on Roberston at all . Sandin just has the edge here due to his higher skill level of play . Sandin played VS MEN in the big show and and could easily play on our top 4

Side note who ever has the 1 korshkov vote , I See you
Buddy has 11 Points in 11 games 5 Goals

Late bloomer but DAMN he's looking goood
Hope he turn into a hyman type!

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
I definitely want to temper expectations on Robertson, but for reference...

Quinn just had a great year and got drafted top 10 - he probably projects to be a 30-35ish goal scorer if his development goes really well. He just scored at a 57 goal pace over a full 68 game OHL season; really impressive numbers.

Meanwhile, Robertson - at the exact same age - scored at an *** 81 GOAL PACE **** over a full OHL season. How do you not get excited about that?

Robertson did it with SDA as his center too. Nothing against SDA, but Rossi was just a top 10 pick himself.

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
Dubas has done much more with his later picks than Hunter ever did.

For a guy who was touted for his drafting, Hunter really sucked outside of the top 5 picks.

One of them was obvious too. Anyone would have taken Matthews over the rest of the pack.

Mugzy97

#StandWitness
Mar 3, 2015
Halifax, NS
I'd argue the opposite is true. Robertson has the potential to become a star forward who can score 30-40 goals (maybe higher? keeping expectations in check). Sandin I'm pretty positive will be a top 4 dman, but I'm not sure he has a ceiling like Robertson.
That’s where our opinions on his ceiling differs

Voodoo Child

Jun 16, 2009
Robertson upside: Alex Debrincat
Sandin upside: Alex Edler

Robertson might have a higher upside, but we need Sandin more.

1. Sandin
2. Robertson
3. Amirov
4. Liljegren
5. Abramov

IrishInOntario

May 18, 2013
I went Rasmus Sandin I don't see how you can't pick him as the #1

He Absolutely crushed the AHL last year , and was a stand out players at the NHL pretty much coming a top 4 at 19 / 20 years old.

Nick Robertson had an unreal in the OHL and played VERY well in the Playoffs for the leafs . He's easily our . #2

This is no knock on Roberston at all . Sandin just has the edge here due to his higher skill level of play . Sandin played VS MEN in the big show and and could easily play on our top 4

Side note who ever has the 1 korshkov vote , I See you
Buddy has 11 Points in 11 games 5 Goals

Late bloomer but DAMN he's looking goood
Hope he turn into a hyman type!

I respect your opinion here, but I think you're being a little over the top when it comes to describing Sandin at the NHL level last year as a "standout".

"Standout' to me was Thomas Chabot in his first year in the NHL. "Standout" to me was Cale Makar's first year in the NHL. I would define Ivan Provorov's first year in the NHL as "standout"....

Sandin was solid, no doubt about that. However, it was a 28 game sample and he had 8 points... No reason not to believe he'll be a good player down the road, but I don't think he stood out in thr NHL this year.

MagicalRazor

Oct 25, 2016
I respect your opinion here, but I think you're being a little over the top when it comes to describing Sandin at the NHL level last year as a "standout".

"Standout' to me was Thomas Chabot in his first year in the NHL. "Standout" to me was Cale Makar's first year in the NHL. I would define Ivan Provorov's first year in the NHL as "standout"....

Sandin was solid, no doubt about that. However, it was a 28 game sample and he had 8 points... No reason not to believe he'll be a good player down the road, but I don't think he stood out in thr NHL this year.
Edit no need to feed you

Last edited:

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
Come to think of it, it might actually be Amirov for the sky high upside and the fact that he's progressing in his KHL career. Robertson got a lot of hype in the OHL and on the eve of the return to play, but that's still junior production and I have a hard time putting my foot down on what kind of upside he has in the NHL. Sandin also got a ton of hype last fall, but as the season progressed we didn't really get the sense he was knocking on the door harder. Curious to see where he's at in his development now.

Phion Keneuf

Bang Bang
Jul 4, 2010
Our top 10ish or so prospects have a lot of potential. Really like our pool considering the amount of talent we already have.

Reactions: Morgs

jaric1862

Jan 14, 2014
Kind of premature to rank Amirov, as most of the fan base doesn't know what he's all about

FlareKnight

Jun 26, 2006
Alberta
Guy who can be a top 6 forward or guy that can be a top 4 D. I like what we’ve seen of Sandin more. Robertson had a hyped year, but don’t think he’s #1 ahead of Sandin.

Duffman955

Mar 4, 2010
Sandin
Robertson
Liljegren

Top 3 for me. Never seen any of the guys from this draft. How good is amirov?

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
I have Lilly #1, but you could go any of him, Sandin and Robertson here and could be the right decision. Can't go wrong with any of them.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad