• Topi Niemela

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mac Hollowell

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
Robertson over Sandin? I'm curious what people project Robertson to be, 1st line winger, 2nd line winger or 3rd line winger? I have him between 2nd to 3rd line, so I have Sandin higher
Robertson just played on the 3rd line in the postseason as a 19 year old so I find it hard to say he'll top out as that. I don't see any reason he can't be a 1st line player

Phion Keneuf

Bang Bang
Jul 4, 2010
Honestly I think Robertson has 40 goal potential.

Realistically I can see him being a Hoffman kind of player - someone who can give you 30 goals a year consistently. Who ideally can be your 4th best forward up front

Reactions: hockeynorth

TheDoldrums

May 3, 2016
Kanada
Gonna go with Robertson, I just think he's a fairly safe bet to be a top 6 guy at this point while still having star potential.

Defensemen are just harder to project so I don't feel quite as confident picking Sandin here.

Advanced stats

May 26, 2010
Sandin due to his elite potential and his development is slightly but surely further along than Robertson's

ChrisCall

Jun 25, 2012
I'm going with Sandin. From what I saw of him this year I believe he can be a top-pairing defender. He straight up looked the best defender I've seen on the Leafs in a long time (even if that isn't saying much in the last 15 years ... oh god now I feel old).

Robertson excites me too, but not as much as Sandin being a complete top tier defender.
... I was mystified as to why he wasn't played in the bubble though. The Leafs win that series if he's on the ice.
I love Keefe too, so in the back of my mind I'm wondering why that choice was made.

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
Voted Robertson. I don't believe Sandin is calder eligible anymore, but most still consider him a prospect. I kind of feel like 2 years from now people will feel similarly about Sandin as they currently do about Dermott. Mostly because he's more blocked than Robertson, but D also take longer to develop. Shouldn't hold either against him, and it's close, but Robertson here.

Reactions: Wafflewhipper

TopChedder

Oct 2, 2013
Top 5

A: Robertson
B: Sandin
--
A: Liljegren
B: Amirov
--
Abramov

[Amirov has the potential to be #1 in the future]

Agreed on Amirov. This kid has dynamite talent. I have had my issues with Dubas but drafting is not one of them at all. I liked our draft for value yesterday and I love the Russian picks we made. I also like the fact we drafted 2 C's and a tender.

As long Kyle matures as a GM when it comes to contracts and don't make Kadri trades again we will hopefully be solid.

Reactions: Saint Blue

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
Sandin by a hair for me. Next year i could vote Robertson. Sandin gets my vote on tougher position and proved himself to the team that kept him on board while burning a year of the ELC.
Robertson might score 15goals/15 assists this coming year all while playing safely and responsibly and with energy. That is why i might switch next season. Sandin is a gamer. Definitely deserves votes as best.

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
Voted Robertson. I don't believe Sandin is calder eligible anymore, but most still consider him a prospect. I kind of feel like 2 years from now people will feel similarly about Sandin as they currently do about Dermott. Mostly because he's more blocked than Robertson, but D also take longer to develop. Shouldn't hold either against him, and it's close, but Robertson here.
I like that qualification process involving the Calder. I didn’t even think of it in mine.Robertson could be in the show for it if he gets promoted to top six kind of quickly. I voted Sandin this time. Defense development is a much tougher path i agree hundi %

Mickey Marner

Jul 9, 2014
Dystopia
Robertson's super steep incline this season edges out Sandin for me. Probably would've been drafted ~40 spots high in 2020.

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
Liljegren for me.

Add Kokkonen, Villeneuve and Woll, drop Hollowell and SDA.

Maplebeasts

I See Demons!!!!!
Oct 26, 2014
Barrie, Ontario
Liljegren getting slept on. He was a good deal better than Sandin at the AHL level this year and is the much better two way player. Robertson for me then 2 gets tough between Lil and Sandman.

Primary Assist

The taste of honey is worse than none at all
Jul 7, 2010
I put Sandin just due to his position, I think he and Robertson are of about a similar caliber

Mats13

Apr 22, 2015
Dubas has done much more with his later picks than Hunter ever did.

For a guy who was touted for his drafting, Hunter really sucked outside of the top 5 picks.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad