2020 Jim Gregory GM of the Year winner: Lou Lamoriello

Sniper99

Jan 12, 2011
Edmonton
:heart: Love it sire. Congratulations again Lou, you done did it again sire :clap: What a real man who understands the game with bravery. Never changed. Great humble speech too after the win. You gave isles what they needed. Pageau, Greene, Matt Martin, Komarov on the same plane with u since you left, varlamov. Etc. Hard team and they'll make you pay sire. Blessed by the best. YOU GOT THEM BARRY TROTZ TOO. What a steal and build up sire. Love this for life Lou. Thank you for giving us ice hockey and hard games back. Still hard. What.
still havent figured out what Sire means?

Congrats Lou

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
Wasn't Lou's actual work this year fairly underwhelming? He turned their team around, but most of the stuff he did was before this season. He only made 2 trades this season, one that was fairly minor and not much else. Honestly the Isles success belongs a lot more to Trotz in my opinion than Lou, as I think the Isles are well off where they are at performance wise with another coach.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
Wasn't Lou's actual work this year fairly underwhelming? He turned their team around, but most of the stuff he did was before this season. He only made 2 trades this season, one that was fairly minor and not much else. Honestly the Isles success belongs a lot more to Trotz in my opinion than Lou, as I think the Isles are well off where they are at performance wise with another coach.
It's hard to separate them to be honest. Lou hired Trotz, so there is no Trotz if there is no Lou. Also Lou set the culture of the organization, as a player or employee of the Isles you know there is going to be discipline, you know there is going to be professionalism, you know it is about the logo and not the name on the back of the jersey, once he was named GM. Trotz just happens to believe in the same thing. There is something very powerful when you have the coach and GM on the same page. I also detailed the moves Lou made in his 2 years on the Island. He recognized the players on the roster were capable of molding into the team he and Barry envision. Lou could have came in and blown up the roster, no one would have blamed him had he done that. But he correctly analyzed the roster resigned parts that he deemed that had value, and added players to make a run this year. I don't think this should be overlooked.

Reactions: TheGoldenJet

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad