Patriots/NFL 2020 - Football is back

Status
Not open for further replies.

JRull86

Jan 28, 2009
South Shore
I think under normal circumstances, I'd put more stock into them signing/trading for a guy. But when there's going to be a virtual offseason program, probably no OTAs, and who knows how they are going to handle training camp, you absolutely roll with the guy who was on the roster last year in Stidham, and his backup who has been in the system for years in Hoyer.

Aside from a HOF talent like Rodgers, who let's be serious, isn't actually getting moved, it's honestly crazy to think anyone else, especially a veteran , is going to come in here and be successful without getting the camp reps from OTAs through preseason.

Way better to see what they have in Stidham, and re-evaluate next off-season.

Reactions: Bocephus86

N o o d l e s

Jul 17, 2010
South Shore
I like to imagine that Bill knows how incompetent the rest of the league is and knew ahead of time that if Stidham blows this year he’d have the chance to acquire one of Watson or Rodgers next offseason :laugh:

Reactions: sarge88

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
I like to imagine that Bill knows how incompetent the rest of the league is and knew ahead of time that if Stidham blows this year he’d have the chance to acquire one of Watson or Rodgers next offseason :laugh:

Even if he’s mediocre another team will make the kid a starter like all our other backups. It’s year 2. If he’s ever going to be a great QB he will be above average/good this year.

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
At this point I'm convineced that any QB that gets cut or is "made available" will be tied to the Patriots. Soooo many in the media have been overlooking Stidham and amendment that the Patriots will bring someone in, that they'll keep throwing crap against the wall vs admitting they were wrong.

Smitty93

Dec 6, 2012
The Patriots have less than $1.7 million in cap space. Maybe they cut someone or restructure a contract to create more space, but that seems unlikely, since it seems like they're willing to take the hit this season so as to not kick the can further down the road.

If Dalton is willing to play for the Jameis Winston contract ($1.1 million cap hit), maybe it happens, but I doubt they're signing any other QB unless they come super cheap (i.e. less than $5 million).

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
Stidham leads us to AFC Championship but gets injured by a late hit from Baltimore in the AFCCG. The Red Rifle takes over and walks into Tampa Bay and defeats Tom Brady to earn his place as a bonafide NFL dragonslayer.

If its Brady vs Bill in the superbowl, everyone outside of NE/TB head would explode. They'd either have to cheer for Brady...they guy they've tried to downplay as the goat. Or BB and the Patriots, who are the most hated franchise in football.

It would be glorious to see everyone squirm lol

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
If its Brady vs Bill in the superbowl, everyone outside of NE/TB head would explode. They'd either have to cheer for Brady...they guy they've tried to downplay as the goat. Or BB and the Patriots, who are the most hated franchise in football.

It would be glorious to see everyone squirm lol

Brady?
Never heard of him.

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
Josh McDaniels' brother is an assistant coach at Michigan. Might explain why we keep picking up Michigan players in the draft.

Reactions: CDJ
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad