2020 FA Cup

Status
Not open for further replies.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Sorry just to be specific Man U 98-99. And looking at it further they were asked to drop out of the FA Cup.

They would've defended it like men unlike this Liverpool team.
But according to the narrative in this thread they chickened out by agreeing to sit out. Please, Liverpool at least played the games. How dare they skip the most important domestic competition to play a competition abroad. If they were so madly they would have played the games

This is more proof at how ridiculous this all is.

phisherman

Apr 17, 2015
But according to the narrative in this thread they chickened out by agreeing to sit out. Please, Liverpool at least played the games. How dare they skip the most important domestic competition to play a competition abroad.
It’s ridiculous.

They sacrificed the competition to play in the World Team Championships to help England's World Cup bid. Bless that team and their players unlike this Liverpool team who are only looking out for themselves.

But really it just shows how difficult it is to win a treble. Which is why it was surprising when they weren't even mentioned in the discussion of great EPL teams that was in one of these threads.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
But according to the narrative in this thread they chickened out by agreeing to sit out. Please, Liverpool at least played the games. How dare they skip the most important domestic competition to play a competition abroad. If they were so madly they would have played the games

This is more proof at how ridiculous this all is.

You know what this is more about right. This is literally all the complainers and haters have left, to complain about how Liverpool will field their team in an FA Cup game. They have been thoroughly wrecked all season so now they’ll take their chance.

Also, they will likely win that FA Cup game.

phisherman

Apr 17, 2015
You know what this is more about right. This is literally all the complainers and haters have left, to complain about how Liverpool will field their team in an FA Cup game. They have been thoroughly wrecked all season so now they’ll take their chance.

You can think that way but it just re-enforces why everyone hates Liverpool fans.

koyvoo

Nov 8, 2014
I’ve always felt that hate is confirmation that you’re doing something right. It’s actually quite glorious.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
A lot of people hate Messi, so that’s not true.

I’ve always felt that hate is confirmation that you’re doing something right. It’s actually quite glorious.

Also, for the record, back before Liverpool had this large points lead, every supporter wanted them to get out of this competition as soon as possible. Those games against Atlético are more important than any game in this competition would be. That’s just how it is now.

phisherman

Apr 17, 2015
A lot of people hate Messi, so that’s not true.

Also, for the record, back before Liverpool had this large points lead, every supporter wanted them to get out of this competition as soon as possible. Those games against Atlético are more important than any game in this competition would be. That’s just how it is now.

It would have been better if Klopp just played whatever team he wanted on the day of the match with no announcement about it prior.

He just decided to be a whiny attention whore dick about it.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
It would have been better if Klopp just played whatever team he wanted on the day of the match with no announcement about it prior.

He just decided to be a whiny attention ****e dick about it.
I disagree. Would have been worse. Then everyone just says he put a weak team out so he wouldn’t have to play against Chelsea. This was the right way to do it, and there is nothing wrong with it.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013

I mean, domestically at least, that’s probably all they have left

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis

Lol yeah anyone who dares utter a negative word about Klopp is a hater and complainer. I’ve already said I’m fine with his decision to play the U23s. I just find his whining about it annoying. I felt the same way about when Mourinho whines about this that or the other.

phisherman

Apr 17, 2015
Lol yeah anyone who dares utter a negative word about Klopp is a hater and complainer. I’ve already said I’m fine with his decision to play the U23s. I just find his whining about it annoying. I felt the same way about when Mourinho whines about this that or the other.

Their sports scientist team also has warned that Klopp is in the RED. Too much running and fist pumping. At risk of injuring himself which is why he can't manage the game either.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
I feel like when I started posting here the Arsenal fans were relatively normal and YOU were the crazy one. How times have changed :(
Fighting for fourth is not the place to be when you are talking soccer on the internet.

TheMoreYouKnow

May 3, 2007
38° N 77° W

He's 'whining' because he wants them to change things. He could just quietly send out the reserves, of course, but I do think this is genuinely a concern he is passionate about. I can certainly see why. If you work a job, feel you are pretty busy, and yet they keep adding tasks..well you'll probably 'whine' too, maybe more so than Klopp even.

There are of course objective, calculated reasons for why all these competitions occur and Liverpool participates even if current management doesn't like it. But Klopp like all of us is a prisoner of his own viewpoint. That's why outspoken, emotional people like him tend to get into controversies as they will present their viewpoint in a strong fashion which triggers a response in others. And in fact because my perspective as a non-Liverpool fan is very different, I do disagree with him on a few things in this regard. But I can see where he comes from and don't blame him for feeling the way he does and saying it the way he does.

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
If you work a job, feel you are pretty busy, and yet they keep adding tasks..well you'll probably 'whine' too, maybe more so than Klopp even.
Lol this is actually the opposite of what I do. I only complain when I feel like I'm not busy enough. When people add work, I just take it and keep chugging away.

TheMoreYouKnow

May 3, 2007
38° N 77° W
Lol this is actually the opposite of what I do. I only complain when I feel like I'm not busy enough. When people add work, I just take it and keep chugging away.

So if you're already working late, buried in stuff to do and then your boss comes and says "oh hey there's this project that came up unexpectedly, but can you get this done by tomorrow COB?" you don't feel at all aggrieved?

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
So if you're already working late, buried in stuff to do and then your boss comes and says "oh hey there's this project that came up unexpectedly, but can you get this done by tomorrow COB?" you don't feel at all aggrieved?
Honestly, I'd be slightly annoyed perhaps but I wouldn't go to the media about the great injustice that befell me.

And let's set the context properly. It would be like I've been busy, but I'm about to have no work at all and then my boss comes and says hey, you f***ed up this last project you did, we're going to need you to try again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad