Jan 25, 2013
Marco Rossi 103
Alexis Lafreniere 101
Cole Perfetti 100
Carter Savoie AJHL 95
Seth Jarvis 85
Jack Quinn 81 (46 goals in OHL)
Quinton Byfield 74

Is Byfield still consensus number 2? Just asking.

Are you asking this in regards to production ?

You can't score if you're not playing. With his ppg, he'd be at 100 points if he played as many games as Perfetti.

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
I’m very interested in Sokolov. 6’4” 230 pound LW and he’s 3rd in Q scoring. 85 points (43G + 42A) in 46 games. This is final draft eligible season though. Not sure where I would take him.

We have three 4th round draft picks and two 5ths probably with one of those 5 picks. Plus, he can be a good add to Laval next year.

Reactions: calder candidate

1000eeer

Jan 28, 2020
Quebec city
They just ran a Tankathon simulation on tradeCentre and the habs was picking 9th overall. Craig Button just said that at this spot, Montreal should go after Holtz or Jack Quinn. He was actually more enthusiastic about Jack Quinn. Expect a big jump for Quinn in Button's next ranking. He said he might be the best goal scorer in this draft. Combination of skills, size, speed and of course, elite goal scoring.

Goldenhands

Slaf_The_Great
Sponsor
Aug 21, 2016
They just ran a Tankathon simulation on tradeCentre and the habs was picking 9th overall. Craig Button just said that at this spot, Montreal should go after Holtz or Jack Quinn. He was actually more enthusiastic about Jack Quinn. Expect a big jump for Quinn in Button's next ranking. He said he might be the best goal scorer in this draft. Combination of skills, size, speed and of course, elite goal scoring.
Which I agree with, Quinn is one of my favorite prospects in this draft... Holtz wont likely be there when we pick, but after further watching, Im liking him more than I did some months ago... I like him better than Raymond personally...

Personally, I pick Quinn over Rossi, would be a better fit on the Habs, we need goalscoring players with size and Quinn is that and more...

NotProkofievian

Nov 29, 2011
Which I agree with, Quinn is one of my favorite prospects in this draft... Holtz wont likely be there when we pick, but after further watching, Im liking him more than I did some months ago... I like him better than Raymond personally...

Personally, I pick Quinn over Rossi, would be a better fit on the Habs, we need goalscoring players with size and Quinn is that and more...

Holtz is a bit rougher around the edges than Raymond or Stützle, but he is a fantastic player. Cut from elite cloth.

shello

Mar 5, 2011
MTL/NYC
I was hoping to see us get more picks in the earlier rounds but that didn't happen, too bad...hopefully in the offseason.

2020: 1-2-2-2-3-3-4-4-4-5-5-6-7-7

I'm with you but at least they can move up a little with all those late picks. Even from late rounds to mid it's still something.

Ultimately, I'd be interested in the Habs moving a lot of their 2nd's and their first to whoever gets the 1st overall. Who knows how realistic this would be but it could always happen. With the Habs track record of 2nd round picks I don't think it would be much of a loss

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
I was hoping to see us get more picks in the earlier rounds but that didn't happen, too bad...hopefully in the offseason.

2020: 1-2-2-2-3-3-4-4-4-5-5-6-7-7
I am a bit worried with Holtz hockey IQ. I watched full game of him and he looked lost sometimes. I feel Raymond is more of a sure bet.

My personal favourite is Rossi though.

McGees

Jun 15, 2016
I'm with you but at least they can move up a little with all those late picks. Even from late rounds to mid it's still something.

Ultimately, I'd be interested in the Habs moving a lot of their 2nd's and their first to whoever gets the 1st overall. Who knows how realistic this would be but it could always happen. With the Habs track record of 2nd round picks I don't think it would be much of a loss
0.00% chance even if you throw in Caufield and KK. Nobody picking 1st would trade it.

shello

Mar 5, 2011
MTL/NYC
We all wish, but we should have tanked, traded more vets to dramatically increase odds.

I agree with you there. I would have been fine keeping one of Tatar or Petry but at the end of the day they should have gone. Some things never change

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
I am a bit worried with Holtz hockey IQ. I watched full game of him and he looked lost sometimes. I feel Raymond is more of a sure bet.

My personal favourite is Rossi though.

I like Rossi too but man... 5'-9" center. I am not so sure this draft is deep this year or has the piece we need in the 6-15 range. Certainly some guys that can be good talent but I might consider trading that pick if we don't win the top 3 spots and our pick ends up 8-12 range.

TopTenPlayz

Jun 6, 2014
I'm not getting paid as a scout. Just watch yt videos. Rossi is def my favorite player. Don't give a rats ass he's 5'9. The kid is so damn good. I can't see a flaw in his game. Amazing hands, good shot, skating, engagement. His puck protection is insane. Crosby-like. So hard to take the puck away from him. Uses all his skills (hands, IQ, lower body strength, edge work/agility, balance) to protect the puck. Always comes out with the puck. Very Crosby, Marchand, Peter Forsberg like. Rossi is also 59% on faceoffs. He's surpassed Byfield in my mind. Byfield only has size to his advantage. Rossi is better at everything (maybe except his shot)

Also prefer a tiny bit Raymond over Holtz. Raymond is a bit more dynamic. Holtz is also very good though, and has a better wrister than Raymond. I feel like Raymond is like Marner and Holtz is more like Pasternak stylewise. Raymond is all over the ice making plays while Holtz is a bit more subtle and is the better scorer. They both ooze skill though.

One player do not want: Perfetti. Shades of Galchenyuk. No engagement. Gets pushed off the puck like a ragdoll. Rarely comes out from corners with the puck. No speed either, very short and weak strides.Only able to make plays when given time and space. Two luxuries not available in the NHL. Can't protect the puck for s***. We already drafted two players like that before: Galchenyuk and KK. What Perfetti has is his shot; insanely quick and accurate. But it takes more than that to be a dominant player in the NHL.

I've said it so many times before. Puck protection is probably the most crucial skill in the NHL. The rink size is small so there are so many board battles. To be dominant, the player must win his board battles especially for playmakers. Hell, even snipers and scorers must win their fair share of board battles. Board battles is not only determined by the size of the player but a combination of multiple skills like hands, engagement, strength (especially lower body), balance, and edge work, IQ, elusiveness.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad