2020 Entry Draft Thread Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
I'm not finding any hidden gems so far this year. Nobody who I think is really criminally underrated across the board yet.
He's not exactly ''hidden'' but I'm pretty high on Jack Finley in Spokane . He's not on any of the big publication's radar ATM and he really took a big step this season . One of the youngest in the draft and still very raw but there's a lot to like there. He's been centering the first line on his team for a good chunk of the season .
Roby Jarventie would be another one, he's been doing real well in the Mestis. He's in the 2/3 round range right now but I feel he's being somewhat underrated. He's the son of a former Habs prospect incidentally.

Last edited:
Reactions: NotProkofievian

1000eeer

Jan 28, 2020
Quebec city
The more I watch Tim Stützle play, the more he reminds me of Martin Necas. Stützle should end up being a better player but stylistically speaking, they play a similar game. Yep, I think Necas is the best comparable. BTW, Necas is sooo undervalued by the general hockey community. I predict he's going to have a hell of a season next year.

Last edited:

NotProkofievian

Nov 29, 2011
The more I watch Tim Stützle play, the more he reminds me of Martin Necas. Stützle might end up being a better player but stylistically speaking, they play a similar game. Yep, I think Necas is the best comparable. BTW, Necas is sooo undervalued by the general hockey community. I predict he's going to have a hell of a season next year.

Oof. OOOOoooff. Left swipe, bruh.

Hfbsux

Dec 22, 2012
I'm not finding any hidden gems so far this year. Nobody who I think is really criminally underrated across the board yet.

Ridley Greig. Everytime I watched him he popped up. Hard worker who plays with skills. Center with a great shot and plays with an edge. Hope we snag him with the Blues' 2nd. Wouldn't be mad if it's with the early 2nds. One of the youngest player in the draft.

Last edited:

NotProkofievian

Nov 29, 2011
He's not exactly ''hidden'' but I'm pretty high on Jack Finley in Spokane . He's not on any of the big publication's radar ATM and he really took a big step this season . One of the youngest in the draft and still very raw but there's a lot to like there. He's been centering the first line on his team for a good chunk of the season .
Roby Jarventie would be another one, he's been doing real well in the Mestis. He's in the 2/3 round range right now but I feel he's being somewhat underrated. He's the son of a former Habs prospect incidentally.

William Villeneuve wasn't in Bob McKenzie's top 62.

Ridley Greig. Everytime I watched him he popped up. Hard worker who plays with skills. Center with a great shot and plays with an edge. Hope we snag him with the Blues' 2nd. Wouldn't be mad if it's with the early 2nds. One of the youngest player in the draft.

Thanks! If they're any good, I'll pretend like these are all my guys and give you none of the credit for mentioning them to me, as is tradition.

Garp

Jul 5, 2004
Here
Thanks! If they're any good, I'll pretend like these are all my guys and give you none of the credit for mentioning them to me, as is tradition.
Yeah, I like Finley too. I think he'll be a riser honestly. He has the combination of skill, size and speed (he's not the fastest, but with that size, average speed is good)

Ozmodiar

Oct 18, 2017
Any top-3 is great.
If not, I really like Rossi.

upload_2020-2-20_17-15-50.jpeg

Reactions: Kaperi Spacey

Kobe Armstrong

Jul 26, 2011
Jack Quinn never gets talked about, but he has 45+33 in 52 games for Ottawa in the OHL. He's a late birthday but he's one of the best goal scorers in the OHL already, 2nd in the league and he's only behind Robertson.

For those who have seen him play more, is he just a product of Rossi?

covfefe

Zoltan Poszar's Burner
Feb 5, 2014
Jack Quinn never gets talked about, but he has 45+33 in 52 games for Ottawa in the OHL. He's a late birthday but he's one of the best goal scorers in the OHL already, 2nd in the league and he's only behind Robertson.

For those who have seen him play more, is he just a product of Rossi?

They play on different lines

I’m sure others here have watched more than I have. He’s been on fire the last month+ in the O, though. Great shot, not the fastest straight line skater but moves well enough. I like him but am a bit wary as his bday is quite close to last years crop. Ditto for Rossi but can’t really argue with Marco’s production this year.

I like him and he's very young for this draft. He's also racking a lot of easy points with Beckman, so I take that into consideration. Interesting player, he's such a gazelle but it does feel like he's only just starting to figure it out.

Man, we really should have drafted Beckman last year...it was so obvious

Last edited:

ginomini

May 25, 2014
Grant McCagg is saying on twitter that Sanderson is a big riser and might go top, 10 even top 5.

I have never seen him play, what do you guys think about him?

Grant is usually right about risers.

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
Grant McCagg is saying on twitter that Sanderson is a big riser and might go top, 10 even top 5.

I have never seen him play, what do you guys think about him?

Grant is usually right about risers.
He plays similar to McDonagh..

Good player defensively, great skater, physical but average offensive talent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad