2020 ECF: Tampa Bay Lightning vs. New York Islanders | TBL leads 3-2 (Pt.2)

Riseonfire

Josh Bailey! GAME ONE, TO THE ISLAND!!!
Nov 8, 2009
Gotta win game 5 to play game 6. Lets go.

Gotta win game 6 to play game 7. Don't get scared now.

1513258922-kevin-mccallister.jpg

Master P

Mar 31, 2016
Florida
Is playing every other game normal in a regular playoff year? I feel like this schedule is crazy.
No, not at all. I remember during the bolts/bruins series they had it scheduled with 2 b2b's including games 6 and 7 if it needed it. Ridiculous.

wingnutks

Nov 17, 2011
No, not at all. I remember during the bolts/bruins series they had it scheduled with 2 b2b's including games 6 and 7 if it needed it. Ridiculous.
But isn't there usually a few times with 2 days between games?

c9777666

Aug 31, 2016
Varlamov is the reason this series is going 6.

it felt like most of the action was in their end and Vasi only had like 3 dangerous chances in sudden death

ijuka

May 14, 2016
I don't really get it. Even though "take the pass" is common knowledge, the defensemen always go on the attacker on D and leave the pass open. It's way harder for the goalie to save that than just a 1v1 shot from an angle.

Master P

Mar 31, 2016
Florida
Yea. This is a crazy brutal schedule. Kuch just played 36 mins and has to lace em up in less than 48 hrs lol
I mean so does everyone. If Point can play then I think he puts Tampa over the top. If not then Tampa really needs to bury their chances when they get them, that was the story of tonights game. Tampa couldn't finish on their chances and the islanders did.

Reactions: wingnutks

wingnutks

Nov 17, 2011
I mean so does everyone. If Point can play then I think he puts Tampa over the top. If not then Tampa really needs to bury their chances when they get them, that was the story of tonights game. Tampa couldn't finish on their chances and the islanders did.
Kuch had most toi by any forward on either team

flyerslducks

Feb 15, 2017
But isn't there usually a few times with 2 days between games?
not all the time. Usually there might be when a team moves on and they are scheduled later, for traveling purposes, or because of scheduling conflicts with NBA playoffs. Like lakers, clippers, and kings would have to work around that

wingnutks

Nov 17, 2011
not all the time. Usually there might be when a team moves on and they are scheduled later, for traveling purposes, or because of scheduling conflicts with NBA playoffs. Like lakers, clippers, and kings would have to work around that
Forgive me... I havent had my team involved in this much playoff hockey in decades. I'm new at this

KevFu

May 22, 2009
Phoenix from Rochester via New Orleans
I think scheduling-wise, the whole "every other day" format for each series in the conference finals is PERFECT because no one has to travel this year.

I think the only scheduling issues I have since the two-day protest break was the "Fly from TOR to EDM and play tomorrow" thing.

When the Lightning post-game press conference for game 1 is full of "That's not really the Islanders, that's the Game 7 travel legs. We expect their best in game 2." DON'T FREAKING SCHEDULE THE SERIES WHERE THAT HAPPENS. Give them another day.

Plus it was a Tuesday, it's not like how they started the next round before a Game 7 of the previous round to avoid an "empty Saturday." Competitive integrity is more important that TV ratings.

Reactions: Anisimovs AK

kabidjan18

Apr 20, 2015
authockeytxreports.wordpress.com
Pelech MVP for slinging down Point with just 9 minutes left in the last game.

Put Cooper in a tough bind, you have Point out there you risk a bigger injury, you don't have him out there you risk playing an extra game.

Hockeyholic

Apr 20, 2017
Condo My Dad Bought Me
Not sure why Cooper gets the hate he does. Not his fault his team didn't convert their chances tonight. And if he isn't the coach, who is?

It's easy to just fire the coach. But who would be a better replacement?

Reactions: Keyserfrans

KevFu

May 22, 2009
Phoenix from Rochester via New Orleans
Not sure why Cooper gets the hate he does. Not his fault his team didn't convert their chances tonight. And if he isn't the coach, who is?

It's easy to just fire the coach. But who would be a better replacement?

Coaches are like baseball closers... you hate the guy for his mistakes until you have a worse one and then might appreciate what you really had.

If you guys want to fire Cooper, you should remember that when the Islanders got new owners, a lot of us said "We should throw money at a real coach, like Cooper. No free agent will sign at us, but there's no cap on coaches. Let's just offer Cooper $10 million to jump ship."

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad