2020 ECF: (2) Tampa Bay Lightning vs. (6) New York Islanders | TBL leads 3-1

Who will make it to the Stanley Cup from the East, and how will they do it?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

BelovedIsles

Oct 22, 2005
I respect the hell out of Trotz and cheer for your team all the time.

This is one of many posts that I was disappointed in. While you don't actually wish harm on Brayden, you infer it.

That I can't get behind. Again, love your team and your coach but some of your fans are less than desirable right now.

Uh huh...I've been pulling for Tampa for quite some time. Not this series...

macleod50

Apr 24, 2006
Long Island, NY
No. It's not the answer. Has Reirden worked hard enough?

Do you honestly think that an NHL coach is a babysitter as well? Caps win he doesn’t get fired. IF the partying rumors are true I would feel pretty awful that I got my coach fired cause I drank too much and didn’t take the NHL playoffs seriously.

Anahome

Oct 5, 2019
Do you honestly think that an NHL coach is a babysitter as well? Caps win he doesn’t get fired. IF the partying rumors are true I would feel pretty awful that I got my coach fired cause I drank too much and didn’t take the NHL playoffs seriously.
Did I say that NHL coach is babysitter? I think you are misreading my posts. Do you understand that not only players contribute to the game but the coach as well? I don't think that the players drank so much. There is no proof.

Last edited:

Chips

Aug 19, 2015
The professional player?
... no

The professional coach. That’s literally their job.

I mean obviously the players are expected to but they get demotivated, frustrated, dejected, off track etc etc. The Coach keeps them in line and motivated/confident.

Within this series, don’t you think Trotz has had a huge influence on his team mentally? Or the Caps when he was there? That’s always been a key part of any coach’s job. It’s a grueling season physically and mentally. There’s added weirdness to this specific situation as well

The Caps became wildly inconsistent basically right as Rierden took over. He took an assistant job again immediately upon being fired.

Players step out of line, you punish them. What did Reirden ever do? Probably pats on the back

Last edited:

Krewe

Mar 12, 2019
It’s cute that lightning fans think that point would be producing with Lee and eberle this series. Real cute.

it’s honestly amazing that he’s been able to drive play at all with how little those two have done
But he hasn't driven play at all? I don't think he's had a single game where his line has outchanced their opposition

Go Bolts

Aug 27, 2020
Tampa, FL
It’s cute that lightning fans think that point would be producing with Lee and eberle this series. Real cute.

it’s honestly amazing that he’s been able to drive play at all with how little those two have done

Hedman, McDonagh, and Sergachev have played a role in that.

Konk

Mar 11, 2008
I stand corrected! Thank you sir! I really couldn't remember but now that you brought it up... I do remember me bringing up his 40+ goal season and then he conceded that Point is the better goal scorer and Barzal is better overall at everything else (playmaking, passing, possession, stick handling, etc...) lol

He's wrong and now you're following the other Tampa morons who can't read. This is what I said:

I don't think one is clearly better than the other. Point was drafted with skating as his biggest weakness and he's improved that immensely. Barzal was weak defensively when he was drafted and has improved that immensely as well. I think where Point is clearly better is the goal scoring/faceoffs and where Barzal is clearly better is skating/puck carrying/playmaking. I would give the slight edge to Point overall defensively, but Barzal is not a slouch at all like some make him out to be. He's not far behind and both have Selke potential in the future.

Both are #1C's and great young players.

Not a single Islander fan said Barzal was the better overall player and I never said he was either. I said he was better in three areas, but clearly Point is proving that doesn't equate a better player overall. There is a hell of a lot more to hockey than those three aspects. Point's willingness to drive to the net and middle of the ice and his tenacity is something Barzal has not done consistently in his career and he needs to in order to take the next step.

The real reason I haven't posted isn't about the Islanders losing, I actually expected them to. It's the fact that Tampa fans are making shit up and acting as if anyone said Barzal was the better player. I got dinged by the mods for criticising Florida education. It's a fact actually, Florida has terrible education and some people on this board are proof of that. Not a single poster stated that Barzal was better overall or "better at everything else" and Tampa fans could never quote anyone's post that stated such as proof to back up their stupid claims. It's not just one or two, it's a dozen morons who having reading comprehension deficiencies.

My original argument was that they weren't far off from one another overall and Barzal isnt behind Point in every aspect like Tampa fans were obnoxiously claiming and actually he was better in certain areas. Does that make Barzal better overall? Clearly not. He's also clearly not playing as well as Point has in this series who is taking it to another level so far in these playoffs. We know. One series doesn't make a career though. That said, Point clearly has the edge right now.

Tampa fans have somehow become more intolerable than Leaf fans lately.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad