LW/C/RW | Adler Mannheim

5'11"
165 lbs
18.0 yrs
Germany

Mikos87

Mar 19, 2002
Visit site
Posted about this kid a month ago, but it looks like he's getting some wider recognition. Yan Kuznetsov is coming up the rankings. May end up as a late 1st rounder, or an early 3rd rounder when it's all said and done, but he's very well thought off keen hockey guys.

Reactions: Joey Bones

Joey Bones

***** 2k16
Jul 27, 2012
Nowhere
I love Lundell but I would prefer a potential Panarin 2.0. I would be absolutely shocked if Raymond was picked lower than 7th in the draft. I have him at 4, with a solid gap between him and the next wave.

Lafreniere

Stutzle
Byfield

Raymond

Rossi
Holtz
Lundell
Gunler
Perfetti
Drysdale

Yeah primarily didn’t go with Raymond based on his bipolar season. Skill is there, but up and down with little pro experience compared to Lundell (not to his fault though). Lundell has consistently put together a good pro resume earlier than anyone in this draft and getting better production in the process. And it’s not like Lundell is going to be a safe pick, he’s got a ton of skill, too. I think if he can put it all together he could be a true, skilled and all around 1C. If not he’ll be a plug and play middle 6 forward. Either way, I think he’ll be a long time pro barring injury.

Joey Bones

***** 2k16
Jul 27, 2012
Nowhere
Posted about this kid a month ago, but it looks like he's getting some wider recognition. Yan Kuznetsov is coming up the rankings. May end up as a late 1st rounder, or an early 3rd rounder when it's all said and done, but he's very well thought off keen hockey guys.

Can’t say I’ve seen him, yet. Any scouting report?

I’m seeing an overeager getting a lot of buzz recently. The name is Alexei Tsyplakov.

CTRanger

N9Y4R
Jun 20, 2006
The Gold Coast
If the season were to end today, the Rangers would finish at No. 7. Seeing that the lottery goes south that pick will most likely be No. 8, 9 or 10 (mostly No. 9, but I'll be optimistic for No. 8). At those spots, who would you pick?

IMO, seeing if Lafreniere, Byfield, Stutzle, Askarov, Perfetti, Holtz & Rossi are off the board, I would pick Lundell. It would be difficult to not pick Raymond or Drysdale there, but Lundell has been consistently playing in a mens league for 2 seasons now, this year proving to better his production. He can play all 3 forward position and has a big body. Think he could become a solid top 6 forward with the potential to be a 1C.

If that’s how it plays out I don’t see how you don’t take the best player regardless of position, and for me that’s Drysdale. Not a position we are looking for now but can’t draft for now and he’s top 5 in this class for me no doubt.

Mikos87

Mar 19, 2002
Visit site
Can’t say I’ve seen him, yet. Any scouting report?

I’m seeing an overeager getting a lot of buzz recently. The name is Alexei Tsyplakov.

Heard good things, high hockey IQ, big body that can skate well, but is a very sharp decision maker. Makes the right play at the right time type of defensemen. Can skate well, know how to play the game, and not make a lot of mistakes.

Joey Bones

***** 2k16
Jul 27, 2012
Nowhere
If that’s how it plays out I don’t see how you don’t take the best player regardless of position, and for me that’s Drysdale. Not a position we are looking for now but can’t draft for now and he’s top 5 in this class for me no doubt.

Yeah, could be worth it too. But what’s to say Lundell won’t be BPA either?

wafflepadsave

May 28, 2011
Franklin, Tn
Watched the U.S. figure skating championships yesterday. Wondering if the Rangers use a low pick on one of the participants. Definitely plus skaters with great agility and pivots.

Lion Hound

@JoeTucc26
Mar 12, 2007
Montauk NY
Not sure how it will effect his value. He is Yanic Perreault's son. He has talent, and has a howitzer of a shot.

Sarnia Sting forward Jacob Perreault has been suspended for two games after receiving a game misconduct for abuse of officials in Friday’s 7-4 loss to the Kitchener Rangers.
Perreault will sit out Sunday when the Windsor Spitfires visit Progressive Auto Sales Arena at 4:05 p.m. He’ll also miss the Sting’s home game Friday, Jan. 31, against the Saginaw Spirit.
He’ll return Saturday, Feb. 1, when the London Knights visit Sarnia.
Perreault is the Sting’s second-leading scorer with 55 points in 43 games. He has 28 goals to tie Sean Josling for the team lead.
The Sting are also missing forward Jamieson Rees, who has three games left in his six-game suspension. He’s eligible to return Friday, Feb. 7, against the Spitfires.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
Not sure how it will effect his value. He is Yanic Perreault's son. He has talent, and has a howitzer of a shot.

Sarnia Sting forward Jacob Perreault has been suspended for two games after receiving a game misconduct for abuse of officials in Friday’s 7-4 loss to the Kitchener Rangers.
Perreault will sit out Sunday when the Windsor Spitfires visit Progressive Auto Sales Arena at 4:05 p.m. He’ll also miss the Sting’s home game Friday, Jan. 31, against the Saginaw Spirit.
He’ll return Saturday, Feb. 1, when the London Knights visit Sarnia.
Perreault is the Sting’s second-leading scorer with 55 points in 43 games. He has 28 goals to tie Sean Josling for the team lead.
The Sting are also missing forward Jamieson Rees, who has three games left in his six-game suspension. He’s eligible to return Friday, Feb. 7, against the Spitfires.

DeAngelo was suspended for the same thing while also playing for Sarnia

mas0764

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 16, 2005
I’m no scout, in fact, I’m an extraordinarily casual observer of all this. I don’t have a “rank” per se but my early Rangers-related takeaways would be:

1) I really hope Askarov and Drysdale go early. Before we pick. Hey, doesn’t New Jersey need a goalie?

2) I don’t think I see the argument for Byfield over Lafreniere, if there’s even a credible one to be made. I like Byfield but I’m not as in love with him as I thought I might be for a top end center that I’ve been screaming for the Rangers to acquire for two decades.

3) I really like both Holtz and Raymond and if I’m the Rangers sitting at 7 or 8 I might be targeting one of those guys in a trade up or praying that they fall.

4) I like Rossi more than Perfetti.

5) I like Lundell but he does not seem like a star but rather a solid piece. The Rangers still need another sure star to put with Kakko and Panarin (and maybe Kravtsov/Chytil).

6) I like Stutzle too but not sure I like him more than Holtz or Raymond. He was an early target of mine when he was much further down the draft board. For example I would have grabbed him at 7 or 8 and felt I stole him when his stock was lower. Now that some resources have him at 3 behind Byfield and Lafreniere? Not sure about that.

7) Trading up would be a main objective, as the Rangers have a surplus of quality players in their pipeline, too many, in fact, especially on defense, and it’s time to turn some of that surplus into a top end player or prospect.

My overall rough feeling on what I’d want if I was the Rangers?

- Lafrieniere (and worth trading up for if the opportunity presented)
- Byfield (not worth trading up for given the likely price and that id rather pay less to move up for others)
- Holtz/Raymond - worth actively attempting to trade up for if I’m at 7 or 8 and that would be my plan in fact
- Stutzle if he’s there or if the cost to trade up isn’t prohibitive
- If Im stuck at 7-8 and these guys are gone, I’d probably look at Rossi then Lundell. Don’t love Perfetti. Can’t explain why.

Finally, if they value trying to win and squeak into the playoffs instead of one final sell off to get one of these draft studs, I’ll be a bit upset. Adding one more piece like Stutzle, Raymond or Holtz should kinda be top priority. Will make this team loaded for the future with top end talent comparable to Washington in its heyday (absent an all-timer in Ovechkin, perhaps).

Reactions: Lion Hound

HockeyBasedNYC

Feeling it
Aug 2, 2005
Here
Already jonesing for the draft and beginning to check the Tankathon page.

Hey, the Blackhawks finished 12th and they won the lottery and moved up to 3rd last year, slim chance but you never know with Steven McDonald up there pulling some strings for us.

Hopefully they can draft another stud and if they trade for another mid-late 1st rounder it would be awesome to bring in Morgan's brother. Can never have enough mobile defenseman.

NYRFANMANI

Department of Rempe Safety Management
Apr 21, 2007
yo old soorbrockon
I really don't want to see another D drafted in the top 3 rounds ... need forwards badly. We still don't have a bonafide sniper!!11!1!

Just get as many picks possible in the first two rounds.

Some report said there are 60-66 really solid prospects. We pick once in the top 66 ...

HockeyBasedNYC

Feeling it
Aug 2, 2005
Here
I've had "feelings" before in past about guys like Eli Manning, Kakko & S Barkley before the draft order was even set. I have that same feeling with Stutzle & Rangers. Cant explain it.

Reactions: jas

Oscar Lindberg

Dec 14, 2015
CA
At this stage I think Askarov won't be taken early unless a team has two picks in the top 5 (aka Ottawa). The teams that really have a need for him are going to be picking top 3-5. No way you take a goalie that early, regardless of how good he is

If the Rangers can stay in the 7-10 range, they're golden (although obviously top 3 would be the goal). 7-10 you're guaranteed to get one of Lundell/Holtz/Raymond/Perfetti/Rossi/Stutzle. There's always one or two guys that jump out of nowhere into the top 10 so

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise
If the Rangers can stay in the 7-10 range, they're golden (although obviously top 3 would be the goal). 7-10 you're guaranteed to get one of Lundell/Holtz/Raymond/Perfetti/Rossi/Stutzle. There's always one or two guys that jump out of nowhere into the top 10 so

I like all of those names, but one of them is not like the other.

Oscar Lindberg

Dec 14, 2015
CA
I like all of those names, but one of them is not like the other.
Lundell?

I like him, not sure I love him. His stats are comparable to some of the other young Finns draft season, although he's been injured. I know people bring up his skating but at 7-10 I wouldn't have an issue with it.

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise
Lundell?

I like him, not sure I love him. His stats are comparable to some of the other young Finns draft season, although he's been injured. I know people bring up his skating but at from 7-10 I wouldn't have an issue with it.

Bingo. For me Lundell is the start of that next tier - guys whose upside strikes me more as a second liner.

IMO, all of the other forwards in that group at least have a decent shot to become first line caliber players. I don't get that vibe with Lundell. I like him, but he's a guy I take if those other names are off the board.

Reactions: mschmidt64
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad