Prospect Info: 2020 Draft - 1st Pick: Dylan Holloway | SIGNED! ELC Starts 2021-2022 Season | Signs ATO With Bako!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
I feel like those two statements contradict each other. There is no shame in playing in the AHL, especially at Holloway's age. The AHL at D+1 would be tracking well.

There is certainly no shame in being in the AHL that early. However generally speaking I prefer NCAA guys to be right on the cusp of being NHL players before turning pro. He has a lot of runway left in the NCAA if he needs it (2 more seasons). Is it better for him to be our 1C in the AHL or play another season in college? I'd like to keep him in the NCAA until he is clearly ready for the jump to the NHL. That could come as early as the end of this season if he goes on a tear. I just don't want to see him thrown to the wolves in the AHL as our 1C with the label of being our top offensive prospect and then struggle and get down on himself.

As someone who was never a top prospect that had a team of people stressing about their development this always made the most sense to me.

It's why I also would rather Broberg stay in Sweden another season. Get him playing top minutes at that level, hopefully playing dominant.

After this season IMO Broberg should be on this side of the pond getting used to NA sized rinks. It still wouldn't surprise me if he is NHL ready by seasons end.

Yamamoto played in the AHL. There's nothing wrong with that

Coming from the dub where that is the natural progression of 90+% of top WHL prospects. The AHL is great, however IMO Holloway isn't as skilled as Yamo and I don't want to rush him and have him pigeonholed into a 3rd line winger at the NHL level for instance. If the big club feels that he can be a 2nd line winger for instance for us, then by all means ask him to go pro.

Reactions: Moreaupheus

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
Holy shit Caufield just got murdered

Edit: knee on knee, that was brutal hopefully he’s okay.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
So for all of you watching, does he appear dominant at this level or is he just being opportunistic for the most part?

Soli

Supervision Required
Sep 8, 2005
So for all of you watching, does he appear dominant at this level or is he just being opportunistic for the most part?

He's not effortlessly weaving offence, but he has no issues playing his game at this level. Statistically his >PPG pace is impressive, but watching how he's picked up his points this season, feels kinda... hollow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad