Prospect Info: 2020 Draft - 1st Pick: Dylan Holloway | SIGNED! ELC Starts 2021-2022 Season | Signs ATO With Bako!

Status
Not open for further replies.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
I've seen that and it is wrong. You cannot sign a "provisory future contract" in the NHL for obvious reasons.
LOLOLOL.

You're really calling cap friendly, the site that literally tracks this shit for a living wrong?

Show me where in the CBA a player cannot sign a contract for next year.

You so know Kris Russell signed a contract for NEXT year at the beginning of this season.

Players at the end of their seasons, sign elcs starting the following year and has happened quite a bit

If Capfriensly is so wrong you should tweet them and correct them, I'm sure they would admit how they are somehow wrong

If Holloways contract started now, it would be impossible for the Condors to also sign him to an ATO. So no you are still incredibly wrong.

Broberg Speed

Oct 23, 2020
LOLOLOL.

You're really calling cap friendly, the site that literally tracks this shit for a living wrong?

Show me where in the CBA a player cannot sign a contract for next year.

You so know Kris Russell signed a contract for NEXT year at the beginning of this season.

Players at the end of their seasons, sign elcs starting the following year and has happened quite a bit

If Capfriensly is so wrong you should tweet them and correct them, I'm sure they would admit how they are somehow wrong

If Holloways contract started now, it would be impossible for the Condors to also sign him to an ATO. So no you are still incredibly wrong.
The Kris Russell contract is completely irreverent in this situation. Holloway signed his entry level contract, plain and simple, and if the Oilers wished to play this player they could, this season. Kris Russell's next contract will not start until the present contract is concluded. I don't work for capfriendly. Why would I do work for them?

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
The Kris Russell contract is completely irreverent in this situation. Holloway signed his entry level contract, plain and simple, and if the Oilers wished to play this player they could, this season. Kris Russell's next contract will not start until the present contract is completed. I don't work for capfriendly. Why would I do work for them?
If Holloway is currently under contract for this season than how is he possibly on an ATO?

You aren't just saying we are wrong or cap friendly is wrong. You are saying Holland, the Oilers, the NHL, the AHL and all hockey media are Infact wrong.

Please show me in the CBA where it shows that the team and league are wrong

RELEASE: Devils Sign 2020 First-Rounder Alexander Holtz
So New Jersey is also wrong?

Last edited:

Nostradumbass

Divinity
Jan 1, 2007
The Kris Russell contract is completely irreverent in this situation. Holloway signed his entry level contract, plain and simple, and if the Oilers wished to play this player they could, this season. Kris Russell's next contract will not start until the present contract is concluded. I don't work for capfriendly. Why would I do work for them?
Can you show us where it says this in the CBA? If you're going against the main sources of data, you usually need something to back it up.

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
Holloway signed the contract that starts next year so No, Oilers cant call him up to play this season.

McJadeddog

Sep 25, 2003
Regina, Saskatchewan
Be interested to see how he does in a few games with the Condors. Good experience, even if its just for a few games. I would expect he starts in the AHL next season, and likely gets a callup due to injuries if he plays well in the A.

ujju2

Apr 9, 2016
Edmonton, AB
My big question is WHY did they sign him to a contract that starts next season instead of signing him to one that starts now and slide ruling him? Wouldn't that give us more flexibility, or am I missing something?

Reactions: Bryanbryoil

PumpkinBomb

Jul 22, 2020
I do not believe this to be correct. Holloway signed an NHL contract. He could start playing immediately in the NHL after the required quarantine. If he played 7 games or more it would count as year one of that contract. If he plays six games or less year one of the contract would slide. Just as if he played in Europe next season, without playing seven games in the NHL this season, his contract would slide yet another season.

Holloway turns 20 this year so his contract isn't slide eligible, as soon as he sets foot on the ice for the Oilers his ELC starts.
That is why he also needed the amateur contract to play for the condors.

Collective Bargaining Agreement

Slide rule is on page 23
ATO's are on page 40 as are Standard Player Contract's (who is eligible)
Contract extensions are on page 278

If you're wondering why the above link isn't purple for you, it's because you've clearly never read the CBA. None of this stuff is hidden, or in fine print. It's all clearly labeled and easy to find.

It's crazy how every single thing you said is wrong, and so easy to find in the CBA

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
My big question is WHY did they sign him to a contract that starts next season instead of signing him to one that starts now and slide ruling him? Wouldn't that give us more flexibility, or am I missing something?
Not slide eligible

if he could slide there wouldn’t be a need for an ATO.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
We are at 49 contracts. Making that 50 when the chances of him playing are close to zero with the quarantine and recently broken thumb gives us very little flexibility to trade at the draft without having to move a contract out

Reactions: ujju2

Fourier

Dec 29, 2006
Waterloo Ontario
Not as per CBA. If the contract was not a legally binding document until the 2021-2022 season the contract would have to be signed during the 2021-2022 season. He signed his entry level contract, April 16, 2021.
This is false. Here is the clause from the standard players contract in the CBA that contradicts what you are saying:

The Club hereby employs the Player as a skilled hockey Player for the term of
__________ League Year(s) commencing the later of July 1, 20__ or upon execution of this
SPC and agrees, subject to the terms and conditions hereof, to pay the Player a salary of
___________ US Dollars ($__________).

(Page 310 of the CBA.)

In Holoway's case, his contract starts next year.

Reactions: Delicious Pancakes

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
Holloway turns 20 this year so his contract isn't slide eligible, as soon as he sets foot on the ice for the Oilers his ELC starts.
That is why he also needed the amateur contract to play for the condors.

Collective Bargaining Agreement

Slide rule is on page 23
ATO's are on page 40 as are Standard Player Contract's (who is eligible)
Contract extensions are on page 278

If you're wondering why the above link isn't purple for you, it's because you've clearly never read the CBA. None of this stuff is hidden, or in fine print. It's all clearly labeled and easy to find.

It's crazy how every single thing you said is wrong, and so easy to find in the CBA
His contract could slides cause he turns 20 after September 15th

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
How so? I'm looking at the slide rule on capfriendly and Holloway seems to fit the description.
I was wrong. Right from cap friendly

"An exception to this rule is that if the player is 19 on September 15 of the first year of their contract and turns 20 between September 16 and December 31 their contract does not slide."

And because you can't retroactively sign a contract, 2021 would be his first year (even if he is signed for the 2020/2021 season).

Even if that wasn't true, he would still count toward our contract cap which would put us right at 50 which severely limits our movement on draft day and before the expansion draft.

PumpkinBomb

Jul 22, 2020
His contract could slides cause he turns 20 after September 15th

sigh.... i even gave the page number, but here:

"In the event that an 18 year old or 19 year old Player signs an SPC with a Club but does not play at least ten (10) NHL Games in the first season under that SPC, the term of his SPC and his number of years in the Entry Level System shall be extended for a period of one (1) year, except that this automatic extension will not apply to a Player who is 19 according to Section 9.2 by virtue of turning 20 between September 16 and December 31 in the year in which he first signs an SPC"

Not slide eligible

Reactions: Delicious Pancakes

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
This is false. Here is the clause from the standard players contract in the CBA that contradicts what you are saying:

(Page 310 of the CBA.)

Yep.
He may be confused because sometimes players like Makar will only forego their last year of college if the team starts the contract in current year, burning a year off.
Basically teams pay a year of contract to get the player signed earlier

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
sigh.... i even gave the page number, but here:

"In the event that an 18 year old or 19 year old Player signs an SPC with a Club but does not play at least ten (10) NHL Games in the first season under that SPC, the term of his SPC and his number of years in the Entry Level System shall be extended for a period of one (1) year, except that this automatic extension will not apply to a Player who is 19 according to Section 9.2 by virtue of turning 20 between September 16 and December 31 in the year in which he first signs an SPC"

Not slide eligible
Yeah I saw that and corrected myself.

Nostradumbass

Divinity
Jan 1, 2007

(Page 310 of the CBA.)

I wonder if they crossed out & initialed "skilled" when Koskinen signed his contract.

ujju2

Apr 9, 2016
Edmonton, AB
I was wrong. Right from cap friendly

"An exception to this rule is that if the player is 19 on September 15 of the first year of their contract and turns 20 between September 16 and December 31 their contract does not slide."

And because you can't retroactively sign a contract, 2021 would be his first year (even if he is signed for the 2020/2021 season).

Even if that wasn't true, he would still count toward our contract cap which would put us right at 50 which severely limits our movement on draft day and before the expansion draft.

Ah, this is the part I missed, then. I was thinking the first year of the contract could have been 2020.

Fourier

Dec 29, 2006
Waterloo Ontario
Yep.
He may be confused because sometimes players like Makar will only forego their last year of college if the team starts the contract in current year, burning a year off.
Basically teams pay a year of contract to get the player signed earlier
It's not just a year off the elc that is attractive to players but they also get their signing bonus and some money for the games they play.

Reactions: CycloneSweep

Gregsky99

Dec 16, 2012
Possible Issues with his thumb injury.

MoontoScott

Jun 2, 2012
Wonder if Holloway makes the team next year.

I think he's got a good shot at it because lots of guys up front won't be there next year --so he will have every opportunity. The same will apply to Benson-- if he isn't scooped up by Seattle--which is a slight chance but still a possibility.

Aerchon

Jul 20, 2011
Wonder if Holloway makes the team next year.

I think there is a much better chance than there "should" be. Due to being thread bare think at forward.

Age and development he should likely see at least half a year in the AHL. Assuming that goes well its only half a year but he is still very young and outside of an insanely good draft +1 year I think we would be talking multiple years at the ahl level.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad