Prospect Info: 2020 Draft - 1st Pick: Dylan Holloway | SIGNED! ELC Starts 2021-2022 Season | Signs ATO With Bako!

Status
Not open for further replies.

AddyTheWrath

Mar 24, 2015
Toronto
Holloway is a better skater than Yams in pretty much every respect. Holloway is likely the 2nd best skater on the team the second he joins the team to be honest. Maybe Nurse would be about the same for skating ability? Holloway is a VERY good skater, I would consider it his best attribute.
Yeah fair - I know he's a good skater but hard to tell how he compares to our players when he's not beside them. Maybe Pulju at top speed could match him? IMO Yamo has pretty good acceleration and edgework but only shows it in short bursts when he's forechecking.

Reactions: Samus44

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
Holloway is a better skater than Yams in pretty much every respect. Holloway is likely the 2nd best skater on the team the second he joins the team to be honest. Maybe Nurse would be about the same for skating ability? Holloway is a VERY good skater, I would consider it his best attribute.
Agreed, Holloway is a fantastic skater. Bordering on elite level. We'll see how his other skills translate, but skating there are no question marks around.

Reactions: Oilhawks

Forgot About Drai

Dr Drai the Second
Jul 10, 2009
Edmonton
Broberg has #1 D potential or at worst Klefbom potential. You're throwing him away for another C and Winger? A winger which we can sign in free agency and a C we don't need since we have McDavid, Leon, McLeod, Holloway?

At worst Klefbom potential?? If Broberg reaches Klef level we should thank our lucky stars as thats a HUGE win.

Aerchon

Jul 20, 2011
At worst Klefbom potential?? If Broberg reaches Klef level we should thank our lucky stars as thats a HUGE win.

I shouldn't even comments but it's stuff like that drives me crazy about this prospect.

Broberg has a "relatively" decent chance of becoming a Klefbom level player. Klefbom himself took a long time to become that good and still has question marks to his game...

Broberg has ALWAYS been a Klefbom level prospect. As in more his ceiling than his floor.

Broberg has always been a project and shown a lack of being a complete package. He is far more a one trick pony (fantastic skater) than a sure fire all around nhler.

You don't hear people gushing about his hockey IQ, his shutdown abilities, his physicality, or his passing... or his shot. You hear he is big and a good skater.

I'm looking forward to seeing what he can do in the AHL for what will likely be a couple years as he rounds out his game.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
As for Holloway and McLeod I sure hope they are given every opportunity to play next year but a serious obstacle lurks behind the bench.
I just saw this post and I laughed but I disagree.

Holloway and McLeod are the kinds of guys Tippett likes. Age isn't a thing for Tippett, especially for forwards. He likes guys who work hard and can play on both sides of the ice. We have seen that with Yamamoto and Puljujarvi. McLeod and Holloway are like that too.

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
I just saw this post and I laughed but I disagree.

Holloway and McLeod are the kinds of guys Tippett likes. Age isn't a thing for Tippett, especially for forwards. He likes guys who work hard and can play on both sides of the ice. We have seen that with Yamamoto and Puljujarvi. McLeod and Holloway are like that too.
For sure. I do like the way our supporting cast is shaping up to surround McDavid and Draisaitl. A lot of 2-way players that can take some of the burden off them (not that they aren't good defensively as well when they want to be). But that is how you build a complete roster and one that can compete in the playoffs. I've liked the defensive strides and effort level I've seen from Lavoie as well. Shaping up to be a nice forward group in the coming years.

Reactions: Oilhawks

Broberg Speed

Oct 23, 2020

duul

Jun 21, 2010
If the Oilers ever went on a run Holloway can still play 6 games in an Oiler's uniform with his contract sliding. That could mean an entire six game series or one game in each of the first three rounds and another 3 games in the fourth round.
If we make it past Toronto and Holloway plays for us and plays well, they will have no problem burning a year off of his contract if he is helping us win games. We'll see how he does in Bako.

Reactions: Broberg Speed

Fourier

Dec 29, 2006
Waterloo Ontario
If the Oilers ever went on a run Holloway can still play 6 games in an Oiler's uniform with his contract sliding. That could mean an entire six game series or one game in each of the first three rounds and another 3 games in the fourth round.

If we make it past Toronto and Holloway plays for us and plays well, they will have no problem burning a year off of his contract if he is helping us win games. We'll see how he does in Bako.

Holoway can't play for the Oilers this year. His contract starts next year. He can play in the AHL on an ATO.

Last edited:

Broberg Speed

Oct 23, 2020
Holoway can't play for the Oilers this year. His contract starts next year. He can play in the AHL on an ATO.
I do not believe this to be correct. Holloway signed an NHL contract. He could start playing immediately in the NHL after the required quarantine. If he played 7 games or more it would count as year one of that contract. If he plays six games or less year one of the contract would slide. Just as if he played in Europe next season, without playing seven games in the NHL this season, his contract would slide yet another season.

Reactions: Mr Positive

Broberg Speed

Oct 23, 2020
Holloway isn’t under contract this year.
No, he signed his entry level contract, unless he meets the stipulations in the CBA for the contract to be activated the contract will slide. In this instance the relevant section of the CBA is the "10 game clause for entry level contracts", which became a pro-rated "seven game requirement" for this shortened season.

Nostradumbass

Divinity
Jan 1, 2007
No, he signed his entry level contract, unless he meets the stipulations in the CBA for the contract to be activated the contract will slide. In this instance the relevant section of the CBA is the "10 game clause for entry level contracts", which became a pro-rated "seven game requirement" for this shortened season.
The contract starts in the 2021-2022 season.

Broberg Speed

Oct 23, 2020
The contract starts in the 2021-2022 season.
Not as per CBA. If the contract was not a legally binding document until the 2021-2022 season the contract would have to be signed during the 2021-2022 season. He signed his entry level contract, April 16, 2021.

Nostradumbass

Divinity
Jan 1, 2007
Not as per CBA. If the contract was not a legally binding document until the 2021-2022 season the contract would have to be signed during the 2021-2022 season. He signed his entry level contract, April 16, 2021.
Can you show me where it says this in the CBA? RNH is eligible to sign a contract right now that starts next season, Kris Russell already did that earlier this year.

Reactions: CycloneSweep

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
Dylan Holloway - CapFriendly - NHL Salary Caps

ELC are a max of 3 years. And as you see here, it is 3 years starting next season. So I mean, all kinds of wrong. You can sign a contract whenever and have it start whenever.

Reactions: voxel

voxel

Testicle Terrorist
Feb 14, 2007
Florida

Doesn't matter. He's not the only player to sign for NEXT season. A recall at least two other AHLers with similar deals (ATO this season, NHL deal starts this fall).

See Capfriendly.
upload_2021-5-11_10-31-25.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad