2020 Draft - 1st Pick: Dylan Holloway | Selected to Team Canada at the WJC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Clearly Darryl knows that being -8 and having zero points in his last 8 games is great! Guess I should focus more on how big and fast he looks instead of box cars and media reports cards.

I remember being told that Alex Plante was better than this guy:

NCAA 38gp. 2-12-14 -31 in his draft +3 season

He turned out alright.

Reactions: McTonyBrar

Aerchon

Jul 20, 2011
I remember being told that Alex Plante was better than this guy:

NCAA 38gp. 2-12-14 -31 in his draft +3 season

He turned out alright.

Are you implying Broberg is the next Plante?

Or that someone at some point said Plante was awesome based off his college numbers and we should avoid looking at statistics of players because they can be misleading?

I'm not sure if either situation really applies.

Broberg is being reported as struggling AND is struggling statistically. I'm just going off the information I have. In all seriousness if there are media/pundit reports coming in that he is playing great and his stats and other report cards are pessimistic I'm interested in reading them.

Panda Bear

Apr 2, 2010
Since that's not Jeff Petry's statline, I have no idea whom you're talking about.
Oh! I forgot that he didn't start in college immediately, so I was looking at his D+4.

God I miss Petry. Stupid people going "he gives the puck away he sux" even though he was the only one on his pairing who could break the puck out to forwards who didn't support the puck well in the first place, so teams designed their forechecks to exploit that.

Reactions: Aerrol and nabob

McTonyBrar

Apr 2, 2018
Love guys like you that only read part of a response and try to will their feeble position to be true. Thanks for the laughs.

Edit: Lol. This one has probably been done to death with you but I can't help it. You can say your posts are "easy pickings". Lol.
Dude you pretend to be a pro at analyzing hockey when actually you are just biased and you talk about everything from a viewpoint that you like!

Reactions: Al from New Jersey

McTonyBrar

Apr 2, 2018

Or that someone at some point said Plante was awesome based off his college numbers and we should avoid looking at statistics of players because they can be misleading?

Broberg is being reported as struggling AND is struggling statistically. I'm just going off the information I have. In all seriousness if there are media/pundit reports coming in that he is playing great and his stats and other report cards are pessimistic I'm interested in reading them.
Your opinion and scouting of a player that you most likely have not ever watched is amazing horribly pathetic

Oilhawks

Oden's Ride Over Nordland
Nov 24, 2011
IF we dont get some hockey soon the fans are going to revolt! The inmates are already beating up the idiots!
....and im scared about who is next!

tenor.gif

Edit: oops! Meant to post this one

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
Is this the Holloway thread or one guy opining on his irrational dislike of Broberg again? At least keep your shit opinions to that thread and don’t unnecessarily poison this one too.

We want talk with people who are actually watching Holloway who is the prospect that is the subject matter of this thread.

To get this back on track, does anyone know if he’s playing in the Michigan series this week? (they’re being played Thurs/Fri it’s discussed in the Owen Power thread on the prospect mains).

Reactions: Faelko and Aerrol

780il

edm
May 29, 2018
Edmonton AB
Is this the Holloway thread or one guy opining on his irrational dislike of Broberg again? At least keep your shit opinions to that thread and don’t unnecessarily poison this one too.

We want talk with people who are actually watching Holloway who is the prospect that is the subject matter of this thread.

To get this back on track, does anyone know if he’s playing in the Michigan series this week? (they’re being played Thurs/Fri it’s discussed in the Owen Power thread on the prospect mains).
Nope, headed to Team Canada’s world junior camp.

Reactions: snipes

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
Nope, headed to Team Canada’s world junior camp.

Too bad. I think he makes Team Canada though.

He’s been strong internationally in the past and plays the Canadian Way. They love guys like him who can buy into whatever role they’re given.

Can’t wait to see him steamroll some Americans on the forecheck.

Reactions: 780il

780il

edm
May 29, 2018
Edmonton AB
Too bad. I think he makes Team Canada though.

He’s been strong internationally in the past and plays the Canadian Way. They love guys like him who can buy into whatever role they’re given.

Can’t wait to see him steamroll some Americans on the forecheck.
Worth mentioning that he did play at the u18s in his d-1 so they’re already familiar with him. I think he makes it too. The fact that he can play anywhere in the lineup also definitely helps his case.

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
Worth mentioning that he did play at the u18s in his d-1 so they’re already familiar with him. I think he makes it too. The fact that he can play anywhere in the lineup also definitely helps his case.

Strong defensively, fast, can play centre or wing. Yeah, he’s a versatile player that they love traditionally to take.

Plus, he doesn’t seem to have a big ego and will play whatever role is asked of him.

Just a guess, but I’d put his odds at 85%+ of making it.

Reactions: nabob and Oilhawks

DropTheGloves

Sep 18, 2020

85104780.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad