2020 Draft - 1st Pick: Dylan Holloway | Selected to Team Canada at the WJC

Status
Not open for further replies.

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
And we can get those defensive Dman on the left side if Barrie looks good with Oilers.

Samorukov is coming along nicely, especially defensively, Lagesson is pretty strong in his own end but not the best skater.

If Barrie plays well and comes at a reasonable price tag, then I hope we re-sign him.

Reactions: Mav3rick07

Northern Avs Fan

May 27, 2019
Yeah they're definitely in win now mode and with Landeskog, Saad, Calvert, Bellemare, Jost, Makar, Cole and Grubauer all needing new contracts after this coming season I'd imagine Sakic will try to add at the deadline with the blueline being the obvious position to upgrade. If the Oilers look like Cup contenders come the trade deadline then trading away solid roster players doesn't make as much sense but if they don't look like they stack up against other Cup contenders and you could add a Newhook who would be on a 3 year ELC once signed for say Barrie and Lavoie or McLeod for example then I think that's a deal the Oilers should strongly consider.

Anyways, with regards to the Holloway-Newhook-Pelletier line I hope they can continue to build chemistry heading into the WJC. I can definitely see that line causing problems for teams trying to exit their zone and being dangerous in transition.

Lurking from the Avs board.

There’s absolutely no chance the Avs would consider trading Newhook for Barrie.

Those Barrie rumours came prior to the Avs acquiring Toews. Colorado has one of the better blue lines in the league, it wouldn’t make any sense for them to trade their second best prospect for a player they really don’t need. Barrie is better off in Edmonton then he would be in Colorado.

Anyways haha, looking forward to seeing if Newhook and Holloway can build chemistry at the WJ’s.

Last edited:

AddyTheWrath

Mar 24, 2015
Toronto
Lurking from the Avs board.

There’s absolutely no chance the Avs would consider trading Newhook for Barrie.

Those Barrie rumours came prior to the Avs acquiring Toews. Colorado has one of the better blue lines in the league, it wouldn’t make any sense for them to trade their second best prospect for a player they really don’t need. Barrie is better off in Edmonton then he would be in Colorado.

Anyways haha, looking forward to seeing if Newhook and Holloway can build chemistry at the WJ’s.
Just curious - How do people even see posts on other teams’ boards about their own team’s players? Do you just manually scour each team board every day?

Reactions: TB12 and Mav3rick07

AddyTheWrath

Mar 24, 2015
Toronto
And we can get those defensive Dman on the left side if Barrie looks good with Oilers.
Hmmm I don’t know. We’ll then have

Bear
Barrie
Bouchard

All on the right. We’ll also have Nurse + Jones/Klefbom on the left. Where is the space for the defensive defenseman?

my pipe dream is we sign Hamilton next offseason and hopefully Klefbom is okay.

Klefbom/Jones - Hamilton
Nurse - Bear
Samo/Russell - Bouchard
Broberg

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Samorukov is coming along nicely, especially defensively, Lagesson is pretty strong in his own end but not the best skater.

If Barrie plays well and comes at a reasonable price tag, then I hope we re-sign him.

I honestly don't see much NHL upside in Lagesson as a long term NHLer. I see any combination of Samorukov, Nurse, Jones, Klefbom and Broberg being our LD moving forward, while on the right side Barrie, Bear and Bouchard all bring puck moving and point shots capable of beating NHL goalies clean.

Northern Avs Fan

May 27, 2019
Haha mb I meant manually as in without searching for it or something.

Just a hockey fan mate. Sometimes I read hockey boards to see what fans are thinking about players.

I didn’t mean to offend. So, apologies if I did. With the WJ’s coming up I just wanted to see what Oil fans were saying about Holloway and saw the Newhook trade discussion.

AddyTheWrath

Mar 24, 2015
Toronto
Just a hockey fan mate. Sometimes I read hockey boards to see what fans are thinking about players.

I didn’t mean to offend. So, apologies if I did. With the WJ’s coming up I just wanted to see what Oil fans were saying about Holloway and saw the Newhook trade discussion.
No offense taken at all. I've just seen a lot of fans of other teams pop in here over the years and I've always been curious but never asked. Must just be because I rarely leave the Oilers board.

Hope Holloway and Newhook do well at the WJCs together.

Cheers.

Reactions: Northern Avs Fan

Daryls Friend

May 14, 2017
I thought Holloway scored a hat trick tonight when I saw the number of recent responses on this thread.
Alas, I was saddened to see all the activity was about us trading Barrie.
Before WE WERE OUT OF THE PLAYOFF RACE. But more amusingly,
BEFORE HE PLAYED A GAME

GOilers88

Upside Down Canadian Flag
Dec 24, 2016
The Oilers board is a fun read, so I pop by every once in a while.

And, yes, I am a person, so I manually read posts lol
I've somewhat recently started lurking other team forums and I'm kinda surprised at how active HFOil is compared to others.

Years of subpar hockey makes for a seriously passionate group :thumbu:

This place is fun.

Delicious Pancakes

Top Pocket Find
Apr 23, 2012
Home
Is this thread about Holloway, or the Oilers defense?

I'm confused

It's my fault, I just really like Newhook who is playing with Holloway on Canada's 4th line at the WJC camp and the thread went a little sideways after I mused about the possibility of acquiring Newhook.

I'm curious to see how Tourigny allocates the 5 vs. 5 ice time and whether Holloway gets any special teams time. He looked pretty comfortable playing the half wall shooting option for Wisconsin's PP. I'm not expecting him to start out on a PP unit but maybe if his line continues to have success and he's able to pot a few he'll get a look.

sandhu111

Mar 17, 2008
Edmonton, AB
He seems so strong in the faceoff circle and that was against men.
I wonder if they will utilize that strength even if hes still playing wing.
They had him on the power play units in practice and game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad