2020 Draft - 1st Pick: Dylan Holloway | Selected to Team Canada at the WJC

Status
Not open for further replies.

McNurse

Sep 2, 2015
Honestly I’m more comfortable with us picking someone who has a high floor compared to a boom/bust, I would’ve chosen Mercer IMO but not a terrible pick. If you get an NHLer you should be happy

MoontoScott

Jun 2, 2012
I like the speed aspect of his game because the Oilers are looking for better wheels in the lineup.

Not a great college freshman season but remember that he's playing against a lot of older guys. He'll be better prepared than other players when it comes to jumping up to the AHL level.

Reactions: Oilhawks and Aerrol

McOilers97

Jan 10, 2012
People should stop bitching about a player that we all know very little about, and just wait and see.

The Knicks fans booed Porzingis on draft night, and that was pretty obviously a mistake...

Reactions: McTonyBrar

KlefDown

I adore Soli
May 2, 2014
I'm sure we could find volunteers.
fwiw, I defended the Drai pick when many of the fanbase was not happy because I saw his potential. I don't see much in Holloway, its like taking a 69 overall with top 9 potential in NHL be a GM mode

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario
Why? I think it's a good place for him to develop. Hopefully he'll take the next step offensively next season. 2 more years in college (and maybe some time in AHL) and he could be ready for NHL action. NCAA is a great development route.

Meh. I'm not a fan.

There's going to be zero talent on Wisconsin next year. I don't think that's ideal for a guy who projects as a complementary guy.

Aerrol

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Sep 18, 2014
I'm surprised at all the disappointment here - I'm pretty happy with the pick and even though I'm more of a ghost these days, I'm sure some of you remember my strong preference for hockey sense and skill. While he doesn't have the beautiful hands of Jarvis (who I also wanted more), I think Holloway has plenty of upside and more importantly has a skillset we really need in our top 6 - he's a big body with pretty good hockey sense, physicality, good board work, good skating, and pretty good defensive awareness. Comparables I like include Patrick Hornqvist and Chris Kreider.

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
So I guess we can just nickname him Ethan Moreau. He did score 88pts in 53 games in the AJHL and made the U18 team out of the AJHL, there might be a player here, but probably better lament this pick.

Reactions: gordonhught

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
ok, THAT reaction is better.

They just showed his actual reaction.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad