Prospect Info: 2020 Draft - 1st Pick: Dylan Holloway | SIGNED! ELC Starts 2021-2022 Season | Signs ATO With Bako!

Status
Not open for further replies.

McJadeddog

Sep 25, 2003
Regina, Saskatchewan
I think he'll be an NHL player, question is if he can help out the top 6 or if he is a utility bottom 6 dude.

I don't really think there is a question about that is there? Unless he is playing "the Kassian role" on one of the top 2 lines, he just doesn't have the innate skill for top-6 duty. Kassian actually looks to have the superior hands, by quite a bit in fact.

MessierII

Aug 10, 2011
I don't really think there is a question about that is there? Unless he is playing "the Kassian role" on one of the top 2 lines, he just doesn't have the innate skill for top-6 duty. Kassian actually looks to have the superior hands, by quite a bit in fact.
He has a nice shot though. I think he can easily be a 3rd wheel. Depends where our team is at whether that’s preferable or is he a 3C? Either one is a great add.

Reactions: ujju2

Llamamoto

Nice Bison. Kind Bison. Yep.
Sep 5, 2018
Talking about the recent weekend series between MN and WI, keep in mind that not only was it played on a large ice surface, but the camera positions were terrible...very high up, i am guessing due to Covid. The result was that all the play looked slower than usual.

I though Holloway looked like a dominant athlete out there, but not necessarily a dominant hockey player. He is fast...not blindingly fast, but fast. Also more powerful than most college players. He reminds me of a faster, stronger, Luke Kunin. Maybe not as smart.

I see no evidence of an above average passing ability, or hands. Willing "mucker".

Those are definitely the weakest points of his game. I see a 40-50 point complimentary winger that can support a line defensively/physically and finish plays. Hands can be improved, and that'll have an impact on what his ceiling will be.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
The worry is that he something like Bellows, who was a "beast' at lower levels, but can't seem to translate those skills to the NHL. Bellows had a better shot and scoring ability, but couldn't skate like Holloway.

A 40-50 point complimentary winger with good two way play would be a really good outcome.

ujju2

Apr 9, 2016
Edmonton, AB

Holloway has a hell of a shot though, which means he could definitely be a top 6 player if his development goes well.

McTonyBrar

Apr 2, 2018
The worry is that he something like Bellows, who was a "beast' at lower levels, but can't seem to translate those skills to the NHL. Bellows had a better shot and scoring ability, but couldn't skate like Holloway.

A 40-50 point complimentary winger with good two way play would be a really good outcome.
Brian Bellows? Hell yes

Also, Kieffer had 22 goals last season in the AHL

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
Holloway has a hell of a shot though, which means he could definitely be a top 6 player if his development goes well.
Hopefully he goes at a PPG pace this season. I would call it a successful season.

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
Savoie and Tullio have higher offensive potential but Holloway will be a career NHLer and is a much safer bet. We don't really need him to be carrying a top 2 line so his game is exactly what McDrai would need to compliment their skill.

Reactions: MessierII

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
Yeah that is a pretty solid game for that level. 2 goals through 7 GP kinda shows his scoring limitations though as well.

And it's a lot of PP assists too which count of course but the even strength production is paltry. I don't think he has an even strength point since his return from the WJC.

I'm a big fan of Holloway's game but his offensive production has really dried up (WJC and college) after those 2 college games to start the season. Only 1 goal since then and it was a goal that just bounced off his body. I'd like to see him pick it up offensively at even strength to be confident that he has top 6 upside.

McJadeddog

Sep 25, 2003
Regina, Saskatchewan
And it's a lot of PP assists too which count of course but the even strength production is paltry. I don't think he has an even strength point since his return from the WJC.

I'm a big fan of Holloway's game but his offensive production has really dried up (WJC and college) after those 2 college games to start the season. Only 1 goal since then and it was a goal that just bounced off his body. I'd like to see him pick it up offensively at even strength to be confident that he has top 6 upside.

He doesn't, there, I solved it for you, lol. That is fine as well, not every player does, and he doesn't need that offensive ability to be useful in a top-6 role with the Oilers either. To be honest, I think he'd likely do very well as a winger for 97. He crashes, bangs, provides offensive forecheck pressure, comes back into the Dzone hard. All of those are things that would be very welcome on McD's line, its basically the role Kassian is playing right now (more or less).

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
He doesn't, there, I solved it for you, lol. That is fine as well, not every player does, and he doesn't need that offensive ability to be useful in a top-6 role with the Oilers either. To be honest, I think he'd likely do very well as a winger for 97. He crashes, bangs, provides offensive forecheck pressure, comes back into the Dzone hard. All of those are things that would be very welcome on McD's line, its basically the role Kassian is playing right now (more or less).

I agree he’d be an ideal winger for the type of player McDavid usually plays well with. His defensive IQ and compete level are excellent and he does a lot right away from the puck. Adding into the fact that he’s trending to being an outstanding faceoff guy helps even more as he can do some heavy lifting on draws and defensive plays for McDavid.

Reactions: Bryanbryoil

North

Jun 25, 2009

He must have heard you. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad