NCAA: 2020 College Football Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rossi Rat

Feb 14, 2016
View attachment 369094

To be fair @Rossi Rat , I consider PSU to be our most intense rival. At least the past 6 years lol.
We’ll see. I think as of now, OSU is pretty firmly #1 and PSU pretty firmly #2 in the B1G pecking order. The blocked field goal in ‘16 was fun, but need to prove they can beat them again. Came very close in ‘17 and ‘18 in particular... just can’t close it out.

End of Line

Mar 20, 2009
We’ll see. I think as of now, OSU is pretty firmly #1 and PSU pretty firmly #2 in the B1G pecking order. The blocked field goal in ‘16 was fun, but need to prove they can beat them again. Came very close in ‘17 and ‘18 in particular... just can’t close it out.

Can’t forget about the Bosa ending from 2014 either. Yeah osu and psu are firmly #1 and #2

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
An interesting note is that FSU had at least been competitive with Miami and they had been one score games the last few years. Prob why Gameday chose to go there. They thought they were getting a good game.

But FSU is really, really, REALLY bad. Even with a guy like Norvell who coached Memphis well. The rebuilding is going to take a while. :laugh:

they went there because they think it’s still a huge rivalry.

Jimbo certainly declined heavily those last years.. but he did win a Natty 6 years ago. So he gets a pass in my book for that alone. Either way, Taggart gets the blame for where the team stand today IMO. That mess is gonna take a while to clean up.

it really is more on Jimbo, the AD, and the academics. They were on the verge of a postseason ban because of their academics and had to hustle just to keep guys academically eligible. That was a disaster area that needed more than 2 years to clean up, Taggart was just a scapegoat when it didn’t happen fast enough because these blueblood football school boosters think they’re above having a bad culture.

Last edited:
Sep 19, 2008
It meant something until 2020. Again the games were close and competitive. Miami is just much better than FSU.

why Gameday was there

The series has consistently drawn very high television ratings with the 2006 game being the most-watched college football game—regular-season or postseason—in ESPN history, and the 2009 and 1994 meetings being the second- and fifth-most watched regular season games, respectively. [2]

Reactions: PanthersPens62

End of Line

Mar 20, 2009
Why?

Jonathan Taylor is not eligible.

Wisconsin built a team heavily reliant on rb so maybe someone else will step up

If history has proven anything, Wisconsin is going to be able to run the ball well regardless of what the depth chart looks like.

Sep 19, 2008
If history has proven anything, Wisconsin is going to be able to run the ball well regardless of what the depth chart looks like.
Heh that's true. They don't recruit based on talent but based on a system. There will just be another RB filling the gap that Taylor left.

Meanwhile OSU and PSU pretty much grab all the 5* and 4*'s :laugh:

End of Line

Mar 20, 2009
Heh that's true. They don't recruit based on talent but based on a system. There will just be another RB filling the gap that Taylor left.

Meanwhile OSU and PSU pretty much grab all the 5* and 4*'s :laugh:

They've been running the same system for 30 years :laugh:. Went from big halfbacks over time to slender quick halfbacks that could be used more in the passing game. 7 yards and a cloud of dust now lol.

Looking at their schedule, their toughest game is @ Michigan and @ Iowa. It's entirely possible they go undefeated into the B1G Championship game.

Reactions: John Price
Sep 19, 2008
Hmm thought the Big 10 started this week (or maybe they were added to the polls)

They don't play until Oct 24 smh

PanthersPens62

Coach Nerd
Mar 7, 2009
Mike's Wheel Barrell
@GKJ If you had your bank broken betting against my Marlins, you can make up for it by following the Bear's advice on these games: (and he was 3-0 last week!)

Texas minus 10 over TCU
Duke plus 12.5 over the GKJ Fighting Hokies
The Florida Gata minus 16.5 over South Carolina

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
@GKJ If you had your bank broken betting against my Marlins, you can make up for it by following the Bear's advice on these games: (and he was 3-0 last week!)

Texas minus 10 over TCU
Duke plus 12.5 over the GKJ Fighting Hokies
The Florida Gata minus 16.5 over South Carolina

I'm all over Texas but I stayed away from the others. I actually have Texas -12 on my list

Reactions: PanthersPens62

PanthersPens62

Coach Nerd
Mar 7, 2009
Mike's Wheel Barrell
Corso's Virtual Headgear Selection from Lee's backyard pool patio & Athens, GA.....where GameDay's own Pretty Boy Pollack honed his skillz! :yo:

Factoid: Lee is 1-4 when donning UGA & 10-6 when going against the Dawgs

Virtual Sign of the Day: (a meme of Tiger's reaction to winning the Masters last year) "Finally Someone Wearing Red & Black Won a Championship in GA" :biglaugh:

Virtual Celebrity Picker: Actor Omari Hardwick, a Dawg alum, who obviously likes his alma mater tonight

Lee: Says Auburn looked good last week & Georgia did not, but since Auburn is the only school that will not let him wear their headgear he has no other choice but to don UGA! :biglaugh: :biglaugh:

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Shouldn't need to take a time out on 4th & 12 to avoid a delay of game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad