NCAA: 2020 College Football Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
BYU isn’t going to make the playoff with zero power-fives on their schedule. Just ain’t gonna happen.

Reactions: DaveG
Sep 19, 2008
Dabo isn't wrong for lighting up FSU regarding the situation. FSU was too scared to play them. FSU opted out of the game. Clemson was ready to go.

BYU - Washington is pretty shady too but I'm more angry that FSU didn't want to play Clemson. Too scared of that beat down Dabo is going to hand you, eh, FSU?

Sep 19, 2008
I can't stand Dabo, but he's not wrong here. Its not cheap to fly a college football team for a road game & if the game is to be played, FSU should most definitely either pay Clemson's travel expenses or else play the game in Death Valley.
There's a lot of people saying FSU was right to cancel and that Dabo was wrong. There's a lot of Dabo hate on message boards right now.

All I can see is that you're not wrong nor is Dabo. FSU was too scurred to schedule Clemson and get they ass beat. Kind of sad.

member 157595

Michigan probably gonna do the FSU Covid dodge vs Ohio State

Man, I remember when that rivalry game was actually competitive. It's more like a moderate-intensity scrimmage for OSU right now.

COVID won't save FSU from the embarrassment they deserve (I say this as an FSU fan) and neither would it save Michigan.

Sep 19, 2008
I think the most interesting thing is that Clemson was cleared (despite having "one player with covid travelling") ready to go and FSU opted out. It seemed like FSU had no interest in playing Clemson at all and Dabo was really pissed about that. I mean, Dabo was sure willing to play FSU, but not the other way around? Why not?

Canes

Oct 31, 2017
An Oblate Spheroid
Clemson apparently drove to the game in busses which is actually worse for spreading COVID. And the ACC agrees with dumpster fire FSU on the medical science. Dabo is just being a blowhard moron to satisfy that large contingent of their fan base

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
I haven't bet on a single NFL or NCAA game this year.

......and I hate betting on my teams. I do, so talk me out of this one.

San Jose St is an 11 point dog, +325 on the money line at Boise. They were 7 point dogs against Air Force and won outright by 11. They were 10 point dogs at San Diego St and won outright by 11.

Boise has 5 defensive/special team TD's. They average 10 points a game more than San Jose, but San Jose gains more yards per game. It's all turnovers, they rush for less than 4 YPC against some bad defenses and San Jose St shut down Air Force and San Diego St's superior running games.

It looks like a good bet doesn't it?

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002

"But he not only made the accusation once, he has doubled, even tripled down on his irresponsible assertion that “COVID was just an excuse” for Florida State to cancel their game. As if it’s just completely outside the realm of possibility that maybe, possibly the school’s doctors could be genuinely concerned that a COVID-positive player who had exhibited symptoms was on a plane with the guys they’re about to go play."

....Dabo would kill his grandmother for a win.

Reactions: Ted Hoffman

PanthersPens62

Coach Nerd
Mar 7, 2009
Mike's Wheel Barrell
And this is why I began my earlier post by saying I can't stand Dabo. There is no reason he has to go on & on & on about this. He made his point. Now he is just being the complete a-hole I have grown to strongly dislike.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
And this is why I began my earlier post by saying I can't stand Dabo. There is no reason he has to go on & on & on about this. He made his point. Now he is just being the complete a-hole I have grown to strongly dislike.

Didn't Pitt travel to Tallahassee with a player who tested positive the day of the game? They held the player out of the game but the game went on. So not sure why this game was canceled? The player when sympathetic was held out of practice and away from the team and the tests were negative. He was then asymptotic so he practiced and was preparing to travel when the test became positive which is when FSU decided to cancel. He then tested negative on Sunday. Seems like FSU was willing to play Pitt who traveled with someone who tested positive but not Clemson. So I see why Dabo is a bit upset.

PanthersPens62

Coach Nerd
Mar 7, 2009
Mike's Wheel Barrell
Didn't Pitt travel to Tallahassee with a player who tested positive the day of the game? They held the player out of the game but the game went on. So not sure why this game was canceled? The player when sympathetic was held out of practice and away from the team and the tests were negative. He was then asymptotic so he practiced and was preparing to travel when the test became positive which is when FSU decided to cancel. He then tested negative on Sunday. Seems like FSU was willing to play Pitt who traveled with someone who tested positive but not Clemson. So I see why Dabo is a bit upset.
Again, I DO understand why he is upset & as I mentioned in my original post I believe FSU somehow needs to make good either by travelling to Clemson or paying Clemson's expenses if the game is to be replayed in Tally. I just think he made his point already and droning on & on about it is not a good look for him.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
2 winless MWC teams on thanksgiving and Fox has their A studio team in

Ted Hoffman

The other Rick Zombo
Dec 15, 2002
Michigan probably gonna do the FSU Covid dodge vs Ohio State
It's Michigan's best shot at winning.

Didn't Pitt travel to Tallahassee with a player who tested positive the day of the game? They held the player out of the game but the game went on. So not sure why this game was canceled?
There was a (really) small chance FSU might beat Pitt. There was (is) a very real chance Clemson would (will) set program records for largest margin of defeat and most points allowed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce
    Cagliari vs Lecce