2020 Champions League Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Last time City met Lyon they got schooled on the pitch.
So Lyon might be the weakest team left (not the roster BTW, but overall), but they're not that easy to beat.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
City has the most talent and is the best team.
No one is talking about Barca because they’re ass. Lol at Suarez being motivated. He’s only motivated to beat Pipita to the buffet line.
And that’s fair too but I think that kind of makes them dangerous. As I said, just a feeling

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Last time City met Lyon they got schooled on the pitch.
So Lyon might be the weakest team left (not the roster BTW, but overall), but they're not that easy to beat.
Maybe? But Lyon also finished 7th in L1. I’m not counting on an upset there. Not sure if anyone is easy to beat at this stage of the competition, but I’m fairly certain City is happy to have dodged Juventus.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Maybe? But Lyon also finished 7th in L1. I’m not counting on an upset there. Not sure if anyone is easy to beat at this stage of the competition, but I’m fairly certain City is happy to have dodged Juventus.
Again, Lyon players have shown resilience against Juve and have dominated City in both games they met last year. With basically the same guys on both teams.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Again, Lyon players have shown resilience against Juve and have dominated City in both games they met last year. With basically the same guys on both teams.
We will see. That’s why they play the games

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Yup, but right now, no team should underrate the talent level of that Lyon squad.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009

Happy to see Kante wear the armband and hoping we don't get rinsed!

Need to win by 3 goals, which is quite the ask. I just hope we can make the tie competitive by getting a couple here so the aggregate score isn't a blow out.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
RLC was supposed to start and now he's not even on the bench, looks like he got hurt again. He's never going to reach his full potential when he can never stay healthy enough to string a few games together.

Wee Baby Seamus

Yo, Goober, where's the meat?
Mar 15, 2011
Halifax/Toronto
RLC was supposed to start and now he's not even on the bench, looks like he got hurt again. He's never going to reach his full potential when he can never stay healthy enough to string a few games together.

Was he supposed to start? Coulda sworn he was one of the names listed as not up for it - wasn't in the squad against Wolves either

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
Was he supposed to start? Coulda sworn he was one of the names listed as not up for it - wasn't in the squad against Wolves either
He made the trip and it was between him and Barkley to start, but now the only midfielder we have on the bench is Lewis Bate and he is 17.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad