2020 Calder Winner

Who wins the Calder 2020?

• Total voters

Kaapo Takko

Oct 13, 2015
Finland
Kaprizov produced much better. I think he’ll have a chance to win the Calder the year he comes over.

Kravtsov probably would if he played an extra 2-3 years in the KHL, but not after one year. All those good KHL Russian forwards that are spoken of spent many seasons in the KHL.

I wonder why? :huh:

Traktor: 1.64 goals per game(lol)
CSKA: 3.08 goals per game.

That Traktor team was awful offensively.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I wonder why? :huh:

Traktor: 1.64 goals per game(lol)
CSKA: 3.08 goals per game.

That Traktor team was awful offensively.

Kaprizov was also productive on a team that has now been contracted.

Kravtsov might end up as good as these players that are talked about, but I don't see him competing for the Calder, nor do I see most of these players from the 2018 draft that are mentioned like Hughes, Dobson, Boqvist, Zadina. It's usually the absolute top picks, a player who is a lot more drafts removed than Kravtsov or a player who has inflated point totals because of their team and line mates.

wasup

Mar 21, 2018
Because of the forward vs D thing it might be Kakko but man was i ever impressed with Makar in his brief playoff preformance .

Reactions: klozge and EP40

Echo Roku

Jan 14, 2018
Anyone change their mind with Makar now being the de facto #1 offensive defensive option for Colorado?

Reactions: Mac Attack

Sstroh84

May 28, 2015
Columbus, OH
I feel like opportunity is one of the biggest factors in this so Kappo and Makar are probably the front runners. I think Alexander Texier should be included as he will get an opportunity to make the top 6 in Columbus and he showed he can score goals with his short time at the end of last season/playoffs.

Lays

Jan 22, 2017
Makar. As for NYR I have a feeling that Kravtsov may have a better year than Kakko

Polar Bear

May 15, 2018
Makar. As for NYR I have a feeling that Kravtsov may have a better year than Kakko
Depends where Kravstov ultimately plays. If the line ends up being Bread-Zib-Kakko, I think Kakko has to be the favorite.

Sergei Shirokov

Jul 27, 2012
British Columbia
Kakko for me.

Q.Hughes & Makar will both have to put up atleast 40 pts to be considered (which they are both totally capable of), but I think Kakko will be a great NHL player right away, and playing in New York definitely won't hurt him either.

J.Hughes I expect to be decently productive but not quite as good as Kakko. Out of any other guys maybe Zadina or Kravtsov but they'd have to really catch fire.

82Ninety42011

Jul 2, 2011
Abbotsford BC
Homer vote here for Q. Hughes but honestly it's between him and Makar for me. Makar is in a great position to put up big points on that's Avs PP.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad