2020 Calder Winner

Who wins the Calder 2020?

• Total voters

LuckyBoeser

Oct 8, 2018
I originally had Kakko but now I'm going with Makar. He demonstrated great poise and calmness in the playoffs. His puck moving skill was a treat to watch . He is my Calder pick.

However Kakko have shown great production whenever playing again men whether it in Liiga or in the first half of the WC. I do think it will be go down to the wire between these two talented players.

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
new-york-rangers-gold-medal-for-kaapo-kakko-could-mean-disappointment-for-the-blueshirts-1.jpg

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
I was debating between Kakko and Makar, ended up going with Kakko.

This is not a slight on Hughes, I believe he will be a great player but the first year will prove to be an adjustment for him.

Reactions: teravaineSAROS

Mathew Barzal

Walk It Like I Tocchet
Jun 5, 2011
Vancouver, BC
I think Barrie gets dealt and Makar will basically run the show on the back end for Colorado. I pick him due to the combination of talent and opportunity.

Reactions: klozge

Zamuz

Oct 27, 2011
Finland
Kakko and he will score 60-70 points. I think he will be good enough in Rangers to play 1st line minutes and top PP unit.

Makar to win should score ~50 points and I think J.Hughes will play mostly 2nd & 3rd line.

Nico the Draft Riser

Devils, Rams, Hawks, Twins fan
Nov 18, 2017
It probably be Hughes, Kakko, and another forward not already listed who make it.

If not then replace the unknown forward with one of Makar/Q. Hughes

Doubt a defenseman wins it though, thats rare

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
The guy who should have been the AHL Rookie of the Year this year — Tyler Benson.

In all seriousness, Hughes. I want to say Makar but after seeing Dahlin not win it this year and knowing how collectively stupid the people who vote on this award are, I don’t see a Dman winning it.

Dr Salt

Bedard saved me
Feb 26, 2019
ym
This is going to points contest like every award. Kakko will probably win in that case even if Makar is going to be more deserving.

Addison Rae

Jun 2, 2009
Vancouver
The guy who should have been the AHL Rookie of the Year this year — Tyler Benson.

In all seriousness, Hughes. I want to say Makar but after seeing Dahlin not win it this year and knowing how collectively stupid the people who vote on this award are, I don’t see a Dman winning it.
Pettersson rightfully won the award this year by a wide margin.

Dahlin had a great year but pretty everyone knew Pettersson was better.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
I actually think Makar is going to top 50 points and win it. Kakko I could see 60+ points.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Makar. I think Hughes will struggle to adapt right away and end up with 45-55. Kakko won't have a great team around him and won't have a guy like Taylor Hall to feed to or Nico Hischier to take the tough minutes.

Makar will be on a playoff team playing top pair and number one PP minutes with MacKinnon, Rantanen and whoever else they sign this summer. He's had more time to grow as a player, and is just as dynamic. Give me Makar with roughly the same number of points as the other two from the back end.

Zamuz

Oct 27, 2011
Finland

the funniest thing is that it should have been Heiskanen over Dahlin but he wasn't even nominated for Calder.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad