2020 7-Round Mock Draft 5.0 (All GMs Please Read Post #662)

Carl182

Mar 31, 2019
Also Fisher (If I'm not mistaken) made a 500+ prospects list, with the day job and the rest, I can only scout so much.. I love the fact that MHL games are on Youtube, I can watch a game whenever I want when I can't sleep. If anyone has acces to USA HS videos or websites or anything, please send them to me, USA players are a pain to scout...

Forgot to reply your post @uncleben

Reactions: uncleben

uncleben

Global Moderator
Dec 4, 2008
Acton, Ontario
Boston Bruins invites (11):
Jakub Borzecki (RW), Matej Kaslik (C), Declan McDonnell (RW), Riley Piercey (LW)
David Aebischer (RD), Jeremie Biakabutuka (RD), Aidan de la Gorgendiere (LD), Ryker Evans (LD), Nathan Larose (RD)
Brett Brochu (G), Brayden Peters (G)

Toronto Maple Leafs invites (10):
Charles Beaudoin (RW), Alexis Bolduc (C), Maxim Nevolin (RW), Matthew Rempe (C), Janis Svanenbergs (RW), Raimonds Vitolins (RW)
Ole Bjorgvik Holm (LD), Andrej Golian (LD), Marc-Antoine Pepin (LD)
Charles-Antoine Lavallee (G)

Reactions: Carl182

flyersdad

Jan 23, 2018
I try to be good for one every mock! :laugh:

Also, I'm glad I'm not the only one with a spreadsheet that I add names to as guys are drafted that I don't know!!!

It's literally impossible to be knowledgeable of the 200+ players that get picked in these mocks, so I like to keep a master list that compiles all of the main (CSS, TSN, HockeysFuture, etc.) draft rankings, as well as our and various other mocks to get popular opinion and valuations on players. This year I have over 400 names that have been picked or ranked at some point this past season :laugh:
I have over 750 players plus the 2 you just picked. Every year someone gets picked that I have never heard of. There’s too many prospects to keep track of

Carl182

Mar 31, 2019
I have over 750 players plus the 2 you just picked. Every year someone gets picked that I have never heard of. There’s too many prospects to keep track of
A couple years ago I was so mad we "wasted" a second round pick on a small Romanov defenceman ranked 100+ or just unranked on most lists. Since that day I don't complain on Timmins as much...:laugh:

Last edited:

uncleben

Global Moderator
Dec 4, 2008
Acton, Ontario
Haha, checking again, this one's actually closer to 500, and I even tried to pare it back a bit this year!!! (Last year I had about 750.)

A couple years ago I was so mad we "wasted" a second round pick on a small Romanov defenceman ranked 100+ or just unranked on most lists. Since that day I don't complain on Timmins as much...:laugh:
I remember being taken aback the Leafs took a kid named "Martins Dzierkals" who wasn't anywhere on my like 700 player list back in 2015... and in the third round to boot! In this case, it unfortunately did not work out as good as Romanov :laugh:

Last year 15 players got taken that I didn't have on my master (that was, again, about 750 long). The highest not on my list was Viktor Lodin at the start of the 4th round, but he was a double overager, so I don't feel so bad :laugh:

flyersdad

Jan 23, 2018
:devils would like to invite: Owen Pederson (F), Brett Chorske (F), Max Golod (F), Andrei Bakanov (F), Kyrell Sopoty (F), Tim Rego (D), Karel Klikorka (D), Riley McCourt (D), Marek Blaha (D), Owen Parker (G)

:flyers would like to invite: Dmitri Sheshin (F), Logan Morrison (F), Cameron Butler (F), Adam Liska (F), Ryan Kirwan (F), Mitchell Smith (D), Ben Meehan (D), Albert Lyckasen (D), Mason Lohrei (D), Peetro Seppala (D), Tye Austin (G), Creed Jones (G)

flyersdad

Jan 23, 2018
Haha, checking again, this one's actually closer to 500, and I even tried to pare it back a bit this year!!! (Last year I had about 750.)

I remember being taken aback the Leafs took a kid named "Martins Dzierkals" who wasn't anywhere on my like 700 player list back in 2015... and in the third round to boot! In this case, it unfortunately did not work out as good as Romanov :laugh:

Last year 15 players got taken that I didn't have on my master (that was, again, about 750 long). The highest not on my list was Viktor Lodin at the start of the 4th round, but he was a double overager, so I don't feel so bad :laugh:
I remember in back to back years in the 3rd round it happened with the Flyers, one year it was Shayne Gostisbehere and the next it was Tyrell Goulbourne. Both played for the Flyers with varying degrees of success lol

My Cozen Dylan

Feb 21, 2014
Jacksonville, FL
I will now accept offers for other team's UFAs. PLEASE keep these in the same message thread as your message regarding your own UFAs.

EDIT: Also, one random note. The league minimum is still $700,000 this coming year. Last mock it was reported that it had changed, but then that report was later withdrawn.

Chapin Landvogt

Jul 4, 2002
Germany
I will now accept offers for other team's UFAs. PLEASE keep these in the same message thread as your message regarding your own UFAs.

EDIT: Also, one random note. The league minimum is still $700,000 this coming year. Last mock it was reported that it had changed, but then that report was later withdrawn.

Uh-oh, how do we know who all the UFAs are?

Did I miss something?

I'm not even sure every team has a "thorough" organizational listing in this thread.

Last edited:

OB5

May 2, 2015
:habshas announced the following players will attend their development camp:

Grant Slukynsky, F, Warroad High (USHS-MN)
Aidan Thompson, D, University of Denver
Joona Lehmus, F, Saint John
Gunnawolfe Fontaine, F, Chicago Steel
Ryan Alexander, F, St. Michael's Buzzers
Timofei Spitserov, F, Culver Military Academy Prep
Yaroslav Likhachyov, Blainville-Boisbriand
Christopher Merisier-Ortiz, D, Baie-Comeau
Patrick Guay, F, Sherbrooke
Alexandre Doucet (C/W), Val-D'or
Elliot Desnoyers, F, Moncton
Miguel Tourigny, D, Blainville-Boisbriande

Carl182

Mar 31, 2019
In the future, I'm putting a cap on these camp invites lol.
I used @flyersdad and @uncleben inputs for my invites, around 10 and when I see someone inviting a player a I invited I take him out. But if it's toomany I can uninvite some guys too!

I'm so happy I found other people wasting their time on 17 years old kid who will never play in the NHL! I feel less alone.:laugh:

uncleben

Global Moderator
Dec 4, 2008
Acton, Ontario
In the future, I'm putting a cap on these camp invites lol.
Here's the Leafs inviting 35+ guys lol
Maple Leafs Announce Development Camp Details
Last year they had 20 invites, in 2018 they had 28.

The Leafs historically have gone big on these but 10-20 is not uncommon. That said, I try to keep my around 10. I see it more as an honourable mentions to the draft, thing. More fun than just saying "I can't believe this guy wasn't drafted!"

Last edited:

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario
:ducks

Before I get my FA offers in, does anyone have a young checking line center to offer via trade? Specifically looking for a cheap young center who can step right into a 4C role, preferably with at least some NHL experience.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad