Prospect Info: 2020 2nd Rd Selection - #59 OA (via OTT) - C Roni Hirvonen (Assat) - 5'9 164

Bearr

Dec 31, 2015
He's really strong for his size and age though, has good IQ, good hands, no weaknesses anywhere really other than his height.

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
he played last year as a winger ... and will probably end up being one

He played center against his peers internationally, and started playing center at the end of the Liiga season.

He may end up as a winger, but he has a lot of what you want out of a center except for size. If he was 6'0" or 6'1", there would be no questions about his ability to be a center.

ToneDog

56 years and counting. #FireTheShanaClan!
Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON
I could probably throw him across the room. In all fairness, the profile on him seems good. Looks like Dubas is after a combination of 2-way play/skilled/work ethic. Good mix for what this group should aspire to moving forward.

They all look good on paper when they are drafted.

Funk21

Mar 6, 2013
Toronto
Toronto Maple Smurfs is our new official Logo

Here is our team photo:

2CB6CDFC-430A-46C1-B4B3-5C41CE7C3E77.jpeg

Why is everyone saying wow we got this guy, on most draft boards this guy went exactly where he was suppose to. We are gonna be the easiest team to play against in a few years. If I am AM I start packing my bags.

Reactions: Racer88

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
Toronto Maple Smurfs is our new official Logo

Here is our team photo:

View attachment 370946

Why is everyone saying wow we got this guy, on most draft boards this guy went exactly where he was suppose to. We are gonna be the easiest team to play against in a few years. If I am AM I start packing my bags.
that's a team name, not a logo. Definitely a very easy and understandable mix up

Funk21

Mar 6, 2013
Toronto
Wow what an original, clever, and hilarious post! Very insightful information on this player, thanks for sharing.

Stop drinking the Koolaid, Sens killing this draft and only a single player below 6”1. We are going to get destroyed by big teams and we will leaned on by them even if we are lucky to make the playoffs.

traffic cone

May 12, 2011
Stop drinking the Koolaid, Sens killing this draft and only a single player below 6”1. We are going to get destroyed by big teams and we will leaned on by them even if we are lucky to make the playoffs.
Lawson Crouse sure was an amazing pick by the Panthers a couple years ago.

A REAL POWER FORWARD!!!! ENEMIES FEAR!! AT LEAST IF WE CANT BEAT THEM ON THE SCOREBOARD KICKC THE SHIT OUT OF THOSE p***yES!!! IM TIRED OF THIS!111 BRING BACK INSTIGATOR.

edit: Or something like that.

LeafChief

Matthew Knies Enthusiast
Mar 5, 2013
Scarborough
This was your post in the Sandin thread when the Leafs drafted him two years ago:

Veleno and Wilde both on the board and you take a small LHD. A position we don’t need. Awful pick.

Your opinions re: any prospects are null and void.

Oscar Peterson

Jun 27, 2015
This was your post in the Sandin thread when the Leafs drafted him two years ago:

In another thread yesterday he tried to double down and say that Wilde has had better post-draft seasons than Sandin :laugh:

These draft threads are always funny, as if almost any of us know anything about these players first-hand.

Reactions: stopclickbait

Funk21

Mar 6, 2013
Toronto

At the time we had no JT and both Velano and Wilde had an outstanding D+1. Read my response to another genius who posted that. Anything out of context will make someone look bad. Let me know how it goes when we lose again in the first round And the same questions are being asked as we have wasted another season, if we make it that is!

LeafChief

Matthew Knies Enthusiast
Mar 5, 2013
Scarborough
At the time we had no JT and both Velano and Wilde had an outstanding D+1. Read my response to another genius who posted that. Anything out of context will make someone look bad. Let me know how it goes when we lose again in the first round And the same questions are being asked as we have wasted another season, if we make it that is!
Bad take after bad take kind of ruins your credibility.

Anyways - this is a Hirvonen thread. Let's not fill it up with one of your hissy fits. I am glad to see you like the Niemala pick though. Glad we are able to appease you in some way!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad