2020/21 UEFA Nations League

HajdukSplit

Nov 9, 2005
NJ
Apparently it will be a domestic league lineup without the players from Slavia, Plzen and Sparta

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
Walker is such an awful player :laugh:

Second yellow gets him sent off.

An absolutely idiotic challenge. Not a dangerous break, he just lunged in for laughs.

koyvoo

Nov 8, 2014
Walker sent off after a second yellow at 70 minutes. Game has been reminiscent of something you might call the hoof ball cup eveb with England seeing 80% of the ball.

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
England just doesn't have enough creativity in the midfield to break down and Iceland have been playing for a point since the opening kickoff. Zero interesting playing the game from their side, just total bunkering and hoping for a fluke set piece or something.

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
That's the final kick this game deserves.

England probably don't deserve a win, but I'm really glad Iceland aren't getting a point given that they absolutely refused to play the game, even after going up a man.

Reactions: gary69

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Walker is such an awful player :laugh:

Second yellow gets him sent off.

An absolutely idiotic challenge. Not a dangerous break, he just lunged in for laughs.
I've never understood what people see in him. That City rely on him so much and are still as dominant as they are...

HajdukSplit

Nov 9, 2005
NJ
England probably don't deserve a win, but I'm really glad Iceland aren't getting a point given that they absolutely refused to play the game, even after going up a man.

I know because they are likeable and a small country but I don’t get the fascination with them considering the hate Greece got for playing the same way 10-15 years ago

Reactions: Duchene2MacKinnon

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
I know because they are likeable and a small country but I don’t get the fascination with them considering the hate Greece got for playing the same way 10-15 years ago
Greece end up winning and everyone hates the winners if its not "their team" that's probably it.

Reactions: koyvoo

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
Anyway, England's biggest issue seemed to be creativity in the attacking third and the ability to make runs off the ball.

They had no one who could pick a pass in the midfield and there was zero effective off ball movement. It was basically passing it out wide and then seeing if someone could beat two defenders on their own to open something up. Iceland was parking the bus way, way too hard for that to work.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad