2020/21 UEFA Nations League

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Woops I've been posting in the wrong topic.

Frenkie de Jong with a brilliant ball out right to Hateboer and Bergwijn tucks the ball in after it comes back across. Really well worked and deserved goal as they've been dominant.

Memphis has been getting mugged and absolutely manhandled all game.

That de Roon and Veltman still get run outs....

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Lol...Memphis destroyed this guy with a turn and he goes down like a rock and somehow Memphis gets a yellow....

HajdukSplit

Nov 9, 2005
NJ
I know it’s not the main attraction but Scotland-Israel is interesting because a month from now they play a Euro playoff, also in Scotland

Reactions: PanniniClaus

koyvoo

Nov 8, 2014
Chiesa has probably been Italy’s most dangerous player so of course Mancini subs him off.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
If you don't think that Memphis or Wijnaldum can play the Barcelona way you just need watch today's game. Silky passing, touches and movement off the ball.

Ajacied

Stay strong Appie! ❤
Apr 6, 2002
Netherlands
I thought Depay was very meh, if not bad today. Went way too much for his own success.

I liked Aké, Veltman, Hateboer and Frenkie today. Dominating performance in terms of ball possession, but not in terms of chances created. Donny would help a lot at that.

Jersey Fresh

Video Et Taceo
Feb 23, 2004
T.A.
Zahavi doing what he does best with a rocket off his right foot to equalize. Israel were the better team for me, Scotland created next to nothing outside of that soft penalty, though chances in general were fairly hard to come by.

Israel should feel quite good going into the playoff in October.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
I thought Depay was very meh, if not bad today. Went way too much for his own success.

I liked Aké, Veltman, Hateboer and Frenkie today. Dominating performance in terms of ball possession, but not in terms of chances created. Donny would help a lot at that.
He tried to do a lot when options weren't really available instead of recycling the ball all the time. I'm fine with that; most of the time he won a foul or they blocked a shot with their low block (the card against him was comical). Most of their good play though came from his movement and link-up opening up space. His movement off the ball and into space to link up and some of those plays were really nice though, same for Wijnaldum. Sometimes it's hard when facing a bunkered team; especially since the Netherlands quality outside of say Memphis, Wijnaldum and de Jong wasn't the greatest today.

I thought Ake lost the ball quite a few times and put the team in trouble on his side. Hateboer looks too slow if they face a team like France he'd get bodied IMO, Veltman too. de Roon...well, it is what it is.

HajdukSplit

Nov 9, 2005
NJ
Poland is basically the Greece of 10-15 years ago where they are in the top 10 and constantly seeded in tournaments based off easy qualifying groups. They are always tough to watch

In the US, ABC is showing a double header of Iceland-England & Portugal-Croatia, though the latter will be played without Ronaldo, Modric, Rakitic, Brozovic and Perisic (probably some other notable Portuguese players too) :sarcasm:

Ajacied

Stay strong Appie! ❤
Apr 6, 2002
Netherlands
He tried to do a lot when options weren't really available instead of recycling the ball all the time. I'm fine with that; most of the time he won a foul or they blocked a shot with their low block (the card against him was comical). Most of their good play though came from his movement and link-up opening up space. His movement off the ball and into space to link up and some of those plays were really nice though, same for Wijnaldum. Sometimes it's hard when facing a bunkered team; especially since the Netherlands quality outside of say Memphis, Wijnaldum and de Jong wasn't the greatest today.

I thought Ake lost the ball quite a few times and put the team in trouble on his side. Hateboer looks too slow if they face a team like France he'd get bodied IMO, Veltman too. de Roon...well, it is what it is.

I agree about Depay and needing help, but he was still awfully selfish. He shot some ridiculous balls and slowed the pace of the game by holding onto balls too long.

Wijnaldum was bad and invisible. Most media outlets rated him the lowest among all starters. I think for Oranje to be more fluid offensively, it’s starts with playmaking from midfield on out. With Frenkie and de Roon having very specific duties defensively, Wijnaldum needs to be much more present. I personally wouldn’t mind Wijnaldum in the de Roon role. He has the body, traits and knowhow to play at #6. Then you can play with van de Beek, Promes or Ihattaren at #10:

—————— Depay ——————
Promes —————-——— Bergwijn
————-— van de Beek —————-
——— Frenkie — Wijnaldun ———

I hope we’ll quickly work towards a line up such as this, though:

———————— Malen ——————
——-- Depay ————-—-- Stengs —
— Ihattaren/Gravenberch/vd Beek—
——-— Frenkie — Wijnaldum ——-

Also, Aké played as a wingback. I agree he was off with his passing, long balls and even his decision making down the flank. He forced a lot and you could tell he doesn’t like to play there. Promes constantly cutting inside and forcing Ake to make runs didn’t help, either. But defensively and positionally he was rock solid. Very confident in him as a CB. Veltman is always a scapegoat, but he’s actually a very fine CB - feisty, good with the ball - just always has a brainfart once every few games.

Last edited:

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
last 5 games between sweden and france, france only have 1 victory.
Hmmm.
Are you sure?
From what I remember...
Sweden beat us after the Lloris fiasco in the CM qualifiers.
We beat them in our home game of those qualifiers
We beat them in a friendly 1-0 before that.
You beat us in Euro 12
We beat you in the previous game 3-2 in Sweden

That would be 3 french wins and 2 swede wins.

QuietContrarian

May 28, 2008
Denmark with a new coach that is all about offence - It will be his first game in charge.

Denmark have alot of players who are not playing enough.

Belgium gonna smash Denmark.
So are England on Tuesday.

Gonna be hard to watch...

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
Hmmm.
Are you sure?
From what I remember...
Sweden beat us after the Lloris fiasco in the CM qualifiers.
We beat them in our home game of those qualifiers
We beat them in a friendly 1-0 before that.
You beat us in Euro 12
We beat you in the previous game 3-2 in Sweden

That would be 3 french wins and 2 swede wins.

its a quote from Lloris.

Frankrikes kaxiga passning: "Sverige vann mot oss i kvalet men vi vann VM"

"in the last five matches against Sweden, we only have one victory. Sweden has good players with a lot of experience. There are many who play abroad. Sweden won the last match here. It's never easy here. Sweden are undefeated in their last seven matches here, he says."

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
Denmark with a new coach that is all about offence - It will be his first game in charge.

Any chance Anders Christiansen gets to play?

Savi

Dec 3, 2006
Bruges, Belgium

Belgium will be without Courtois, Hazard and De Bruyne tho

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France

HajdukSplit

Nov 9, 2005
NJ
Czechs are thinking of withdrawing their next batch against Scotland as Slavia Prague want their players back due to the virus within the technical staff

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012
Czechs are thinking of withdrawing their next batch against Scotland as Slavia Prague want their players back due to the virus within the technical staff
Do you know what's going on? I'm seeing the game is on and the Czechs are going to have an entirely new squad and management team. I think calling it a farce would be an understatement.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad