2020/21 UEFA Nations League

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
We're absolutely still a contender, but Martinez will hold us back once again. Mediocre tactictian and bad game manager. Just an overrated coach, same with Deschamps btw
Except only one of the two has won at every single level.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Yet if you owned a team you'd never appoint Deschamps as your manager :D
Nope I wouldn't, but people here underrate him big time.
I wouldn't appoint him because I want fluid offensive football and DD is not that. But you can't deny his winning ability.
@koyvoo would love him :)

Reactions: koyvoo

koyvoo

Nov 8, 2014
Nope I wouldn't, but people here underrate him big time.
I wouldn't appoint him because I want fluid offensive football and DD is not that. But you can't deny his winning ability.
@koyvoo would love him :)
Haha. If he got the results for my team, I sure would.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
Well a win will do. Didn't want a small loss that would save any introspection.

Theo also scored which I think would help lock his place in the team. Which is the way it should be. Guy is a left footed Hakimi but rarely gets that much mention here.

Reactions: gary69

luiginb

Aug 23, 2007
Barcelona
Man Martinez was dreadful the second half, he should have just continued doing what they did in the first half, but took a step back and had to rely on that over the hill back 3. Hope Barcelona stays away.

Savi

Dec 3, 2006
Bruges, Belgium
Charles de Ketelaere with his first International goal in only his 2nd game. Finally got some playing time after Martinez probably ran out of excuses of why not to play him.

Bit unlucky to lose this game with both Saelemaekers and Batshuayi hitting the bar, and Carrasco hit the post. Donnarumma also 2 really good saves on Alderweireld.

Tielemans with another awful game, he struggled really bad against both France and Italy. I don't know whats going on with him, maybe he's just overrated, or he needs better coaching.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Man Martinez was dreadful the second half, he should have just continued doing what they did in the first half, but took a step back and had to rely on that over the hill back 3. Hope Barcelona stays away.
Roberto Martinez feels very Newcastle to me

Reactions: luiginb

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
Even though I see his point, I don’t think you should talk about your teammates like this.

koyvoo

Nov 8, 2014
That’s losers mentality if you ask me, but as far as international footy is concerned, he’s far from alone in feeling that the traditional, historical powerhouses have almost a god given right to win the biggest games.

KlausJopling

Feb 17, 2003
CT
Visit site
Pretty bland 1st half. Spain had a lot of the ball but once they got around the box there crosses/final balls have been bad. France seems content to give up the midfield and hope to catch them on the counter.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
I think it's more France having trouble installing their pressing because of Spain's quality with the ball.
France still had the most dangerous chance because Spain simply doesn't exist in the last 20 meters.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad