Rumor: 2020-21 Trade Rumours and FA Part X: The Time When Something Happens!(?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
The only one I like at 3C that moved today is Goodraw.

Exactly and he’s far from guaranteed to even be Ranger.

Not sure what all the fuss is about in terms of “sleepy Joe” cracks. Getting in on any of the trades so far today would not have moved the needle. He needs to be focused on resigning our own players. The most consequential move today was not any trade it was the Miro extension.

People fussing about Dickinson and Howden and Glass and Patrick moving? Give me a break. None of these guys should be a considerable target of ours. Howden is crap, Jost can probably become what Dickinson is and Glass and Patrick are prospects with major red flags who went in a deal for a top 3 defender which we don’t even have to move at this point.

Also McCann is not a center, had a complete outlier year in offensive efficiency and for something like the third straight season was a playoff no show and and the Pens fan base’s whipping boy. Considering how quickly we were to run of Girard even though he’s an actual top pairing defender on a golden contract for not getting it done in the playoffs - I don’t think Avs fans would like McCann as much as Avs fans think they would.

Last edited:
Reactions: jabubenice

Richard88

John 3:16
Jun 29, 2019
Man, I step away for an hour and come back and the league has gone bonkers

tenor.gif

If Patrick for Glass and Howden are Vegas' solution at C that's just fabulous lol

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Seattle has taken some L's over the last few days with teams trading amongst themselves and moving decent players for picks.

Reactions: dahrougem2

forsbergavs32

Global Moderator
Jan 21, 2011
Fresno,CA
Guessing teams got scared away from Tarasenko because of injuries, could be high price too. Surprised the Blues are gonna just let him go for free. Probably backing up a brinks truck for Lando.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
Seattle has taken some L's over the last few days with teams trading amongst themselves and moving decent players for picks.
This is what teams should have done when Vegas was drafting. Not deal with Vegas, but keep them out of the transactions unless their trade demands reduce significantly. Everything up to this point in the media said Francis' trade demands were extremely high if teams wanted to engage in deals. Well, this is how you keep your team out of those deals.

Also on Vegas, this trade makes me so happy. Likely hitching their 1C wagon to Nolan Patrick is actually incredible. I'm a firm believer that Nolan Patrick is nothing more than a 3C, than Jordan Staal in the making with severe injury history and I doubt he ever reaches Staal's level. This is the move that keeps them away from Eichel if you ask me.

nammerus

Mar 9, 2003
Visit site
Exactly and he’s far from guaranteed to even be Ranger.

Not sure what all the fuss is about in terms of “sleepy Joe” cracks. Getting in on any of the trades so far today would not have moved the needle. He needs to be focused on resigning our own players. The most consequential move today was not any trade it was the Miro extension.

People fussing about Dickinson and Howden and Glass and Patrick moving? Give me a break. None of these guys should be a considerable target of ours. Howden is crap, Jost can probably become what Dickinson is and Glass and Patrick are prospects with major red flags who went in a deal for a top 3 defender which we don’t even have to move at this point.

Kind of sad that re-signing all our players prevents us from upgrading likely one of the worst group of bottom 9 C’s/forwards in the league (among playoff contenders).

And upgrading a defence that is gangbusters in the regular season, but wilts the minute they hear foot steps in the playoffs.

And means we’re stuck with a mediocre goalie, who can’t make a save with his glove hand.

Sleepy Joe is killing it.

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
Kind of sad that re-signing all our players prevents us from upgrading likely one of the worst group of bottom 9 C’s/forwards in the league.

And upgrading a defence that is gangbusters in the regular season, but wilts the minute they hear foot steps in the playoffs.

And means we’re stuck with a mediocre goalie, who can’t make a save with his glove hand.

Sleepy Joe is killing it.

Love your schtick, keep it up!

Reactions: nammerus

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
Hoooooooooly shit
Makes sense when you think about it. If Seattle actually did pick him in expansion, the Blues are out of that contract and now have even more money to throw at Landeskog should he become a UFA. They could take all of Tarasenko's 7.5M and add to it if they wanted to.

Then again, Tarasenko's agent is likely telling Francis "if you pick my client, he's not reporting and would like to be traded." No way Tarasenko is down to play for an expansion team.

Reactions: The Kingslayer

Frenchy

Administrator
Sep 16, 2006
϶(°o°)ϵ
It's going to be hilarious if Landeskog does sign with the Blues, and then they get hit with tampering charges that ends up with the Avs getting a massive W, similar to the Shanahan situation.

This is extremely hard to prove , There were others rumours of tampering in the past and ( for what i remember ) the only situation where a team got caught is with Shanahan.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Latest posts

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad