Rumor: 2020-21 Trade Rumours and FA Part VI: Pre-Deadline Addition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Avsavsavsavsavs

Nov 30, 2017
True, but who would go on the 4th? Saad or Dong. Jost isn’t better than either, but he’s a center.

Maybe the answer is not getting Hall. This team is pretty deep, the ideal person replaced would be Kadri or unfortunately cause I like him, Jost. Would much prefer Bennett slotting in on our 3rd/4th line and changing things around that way than adding Hall.

hughdreamz

Jun 24, 2006
Michigan
Came here to post this.

This won't please everyone here...

Other contenders are gearing up...Nemeth and Dubnyk is not on par with what the Leafs and Tampa have done so far.

Why? It’s Grub or die. Dubnyk is here to play some games during the season and that’s it.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
If it's true that we were in on Foligno, it means Sakic isn't necessarily looking for a center. And Bennett can play center as well.

More importantly is that Bennett brings a physical game that we need, has performed really well in the playoffs and would be more than just a rental.

Who mentioned the Avs were in on Foligno?

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Andersen (if he comes back)
Campbell
Rittich
Hutch

That's some good depth. No one I trust in a playoffs series but at least there's a few of them.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Why? It’s Grub or die. Dubnyk is here to play some games during the season and that’s it.

I don't think the Avs need Grubauer to win the Cup. They're dominant offensively and defensively. I think they just need competent NHL goaltending and no bad injury luck to the rest of the team.

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
Who mentioned the Avs were in on Foligno?

Of the “bigger names”—Servalli did, and I think Friedman did at some point.

If you wanna believe him, Dater did last night (but obviously that’s not a lot to go on).

I do think Sakic will try for a FWD before the deadline, I think he’s pushing his chips to the middle and will give it everything with the remaining space & trade chip(s) he has.

Reactions: Foppa2118

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
The second line being useless for like 15 games now is the reason to get Taylor Hall.

This team is being carried by the 1st/3rd line and defence for a long time now. I think it’ll be harder to hide that 2nd line come playoff time.
That's mostly on Kadri though. Right now he's doing to the 2nd line what JTC did to the 3rd line.

The more I watch him play, the more I dislike the way he plays. I know he's going to score big goals down the line but he's just not a good center. He doesn't know how to use his linemates at all and that's what centers are supposed to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad