Rumor: 2020-21 Trade Rumours and FA Part VI: Pre-Deadline Addition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Metallo

NWOBHM forever \m/
Feb 14, 2010
Québec, QC
If Sakic wants a depth forward I could see him kicking tires on Lehkonen. The price might be cheaper than Janmark due to Montreal being motivated for cap reasons, and Lehkonen has term as an RFA as well.
Why? He’s not really good and not a center.

Northern Avs Fan

May 27, 2019
We'll see but supposedly not.

Lets hope Parnass and the analytics staff, who almost can't miss right now, are pounding the table for Hall.

Yeah, I don’t see the risk in picking up Hall. Let’s say he plays at his low end, you can just put him on the 3rd line.

The only question is how much is Sakic willing to pay for a rental? T-bay and Toronto obviously feel like going all-in.

Reactions: Avs_19

LostInMosEisley

A wretched hive of scum and villany
Aug 18, 2020
I'd like to see something around J.T. Compher and Vlad Namestnikov. Avs probably have to add an asset like a pick or mid level prospect.

Iceberg

May 4, 2002
That would be quite bad value. What we need is a 3C anyway.

If it's true that we were in on Foligno, it means Sakic isn't necessarily looking for a center. And Bennett can play center as well.

More importantly is that Bennett brings a physical game that we need, has performed really well in the playoffs and would be more than just a rental.

Metallo

NWOBHM forever \m/
Feb 14, 2010
Québec, QC
If it's true that we were in on Foligno, it means Sakic isn't necessarily looking for a center. And Bennett can play center as well.

Most importantly is that Bennett brings a physical game that we need, has performed really well in the playoffs and would be more than just a rental.
Foligno plays more center than Bennett who barely does it. Let’s get a real center.

letsgoavs1921

Jul 26, 2006
I don't even want Hall, but I don't know how the Avs don't take a flyer on him for less than a 1st.

They could easily be getting a highly motivated former Hart trophy winner ready to light it up on a contender, for super cheap.

If the Sabres would take Compher back, that seems like a no brainer to me.
Don’t do it. Everywhere he goes they lose. I live in Phoenix , and everyone was happy when they got him last year. They were in first place. I told them it was a bad move and they tanked.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Don’t do it. Everywhere he goes they lose. I live in Phoenix , and everyone was happy when they got him last year. They were in first place. I told them it was a bad move and they tanked.

Maybe that's true, but I think the Coyotes tanked because they were a supremely overrated team waiting to crash back to earth.

Same with the Sabres for that matter. Both those franchises are dumpster fires.

Northern Avs Fan

May 27, 2019

The perfect fit for this Avs team/system. Likely a great fit next to Kadri. Very available and might not even cost a 1st rd pick.

Agreed. I’d bump Saad down to the 4th line and slot my left wing depth like this:

Landeskog
Hall
Nichushkin
Saad

You could also move Saad to 3rd line right wing if Donskoi goes on a prolonged cold streak.

Reactions: Avs_19

John Mandalorian

2022 Avs: The First Dance
Nov 29, 2018

More importantly is that Bennett brings a physical game that we need, has performed really well in the playoffs and would be more than just a rental.

Do we know for sure the Avs were in on Foligno? It was reported to the media but not from Colorado. Teams and agents leak erroneous information to the media all the time in order to manipulate the situation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad