Rumor: 2020-21 Trade Rumours and FA Part VI: Pre-Deadline Addition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 29, 2003
Screw You Blaster
Visit site
Alright folks, this is it, pre-deadline time. The Avs are on a roll, and there are some(?) rumors floating around that they may be looking to add. Do the Avs go small and pick up a no-name AHL backup? Do they go with a proven guy? What Columbus Blue Jacket Alumni will join the Avalanche?

Stay tuned, and find out (...but, probably nothing happens).

Islay1989

Feb 24, 2020
To jump back to the Colin Miller, that would please the pugilistic part of the board as well :laugh:

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
Jani Hakanpaa
I wouldn't actually mind that. He would probably come very cheap considering he's UFA and only has 0,75 million dollar contract. But I haven't focused enough on him, how's his skating? That's the thing with anyone coming to this team, you need to be able to skate very well even if you are a 4th liner/#7D.

Backup goalie is obviously the most pressing issue, that NEEDS to happen. No excuses.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
To jump back to the Colin Miller, that would please the pugilistic part of the board as well :laugh:
Watch Sakic go and make just one deal next week with Buffalo to get everything he wants. Hall + Ulmark + Risto/Miller for Compher, Timmins and a 1st.

Reactions: Islay1989

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland
I wouldn't actually mind that. He would probably come very cheap considering he's UFA and only has 0,75 million dollar contract. But I haven't focused enough on him, how's his skating? That's the thing with anyone coming to this team, you need to be able to skate very well even if you are a 4th liner/#7D.

Backup goalie is obviously the most pressing issue, that NEEDS to happen. No excuses.
I'm not sure about his specific skills but he's been a positive surprise for the Ducks in a bad season. Ducks fans seemed very happy a while back, and he keeps playing up the lineup.

Iceberg

May 4, 2002

From the games i saw he looked mobile enough to play for us. I would say he would be better in that regard than Savard or Manson (and cheaper to acquire as well).

Muffin

Avalanche Flavoured
Aug 14, 2009
Edmonton
Send Graves to Buffalo as the roster replacement with a pick or Timmins? Miller won the fastest skater contest at the AHL all star game.

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
I’d be testing the value of MacDonald.

Timmins should be called up and played as bottom pair. Bednar seems to have lost the stomach to keep playing the cycling cast of AHL level defenders. Their ice time per game figures are getting to low to justify as game day active. We’re going to skate Toews and Girard into the dirt.

Reactions: flyfysher

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
I’d be testing the value of MacDonald.

Timmins should be called up and played as bottom pair. Bednar seems to have lost the stomach to keep playing the cycling cast of AHL level defenders. Their ice time per game figures are getting to low to justify as game day active. We’re going to skate Toews and Girard into the dirt.

He's playing Graves 20 minutes a night so that isn't true.

Reactions: scottykarate

Islay1989

Feb 24, 2020
Watch Sakic go and make just one deal next week with Buffalo to get everything he wants. Hall + Ulmark + Risto/Miller for Compher, Timmins and a 1st.

That would be something.

Send Graves to Buffalo as the roster replacement with a pick or Timmins? Miller won the fastest skater contest at the AHL all star game.

I definitely am not a fan of Graves, but that would be paying extra to downgrade IMHO. Miller looked really good with Vegas offensively, but that all but disappeared with Buffalo and defense was never his calling card. He is a good skater who can fight. Replacing Graves with him is not worth the gamble of counting he will be able to replace what Graves brings, especially knowing he was never a guy teams leaned on on the PK, nor will he get 2:30mins of ice time on the PP he was getting with Vegas when he was producing. To me he is a guy who can be a #7 on our team and jump in when guys like Byram or Makar get time off. He can't replace those who shoulder the heavy defensive load in any capacity. If you can get him for a song go for it, but given his cap hit and what Sakic is reportedly looking at I see no deal to be made there, especially not for anything higher than a 3rd and a cap dump. If we are talking Sabers defenseman, Montour makes far more sense, he can play on the PP, he can feature on the PK (albeit he is not very good at it IMHO), moves the puck well, and is signed for only one more year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad