Speculation: 2020-21 Stars Roster Speculation and Discussion Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

BfantZ

Jun 22, 2017
COVID protocol doesn't mean he has it. Could've been exposed and that's it.

We'll get some info based on how long he's out.
He tested positive . There hoping it’s false positive .

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Just in case they called up Point to the taxi squad albeit not sure that means he actually is traveling to the team already.

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
He tested positive . There hoping it’s false positive .

Ah, didn't see that.

Odd. Hopefully it isn't a new variant...

If it is we may be looking at another stoppage. Especially given the situation in Vancouver.

Reactions: Bfantz

BfantZ

Jun 22, 2017
Ah, didn't see that.

Odd. Hopefully it isn't a new variant...

If it is we may be looking at another stoppage. Especially given the situation in Vancouver.
Ya that would really suck .

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016

Not that Kero would be a sensation but he's played well for the Stars who obviously have a lot of injuries, especially at Center. So why would they waive Kero now? Timing seems more than odd. Why would you waive Kero if you can demote Dowling?

serp

Jan 17, 2016

Not that Kero would be a sensation but he's played well for the Stars who obviously have a lot of injuries, especially at Center. So why would they waive Kero now? Timing seems more than odd. Why would you waive Kero if you can demote Dowling?

Because 30 days are over and it requires waivers to send him to the taxi squad when he's not needed. Dowling will also be waived again once his 30 days are over again.

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
Because 30 days are over and it requires waivers to send him to the taxi squad when he's not needed. Dowling will also be waived again once his 30 days are over again.

With so many injured players and Dowling still on the roster, there was no need to send him to the taxi squad.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
With so many injured players and Dowling still on the roster, there was no need to send him to the taxi squad.

It saves some money and possibly LTIR Capspace albeit not sure about that.

Not like anybody is picking up Tanner Kero off waivers. Might as well just do it ASAP .

Reactions: Satan

M88K

irreverent
May 24, 2014
It saves some money and possibly LTIR Capspace albeit not sure about that.

Not like anybody is picking up Tanner Kero off waivers. Might as well just do it ASAP .
You're correct, it saves cap space.
They need as much as they can get.

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
We're 3 months into the season and people still don't understand that?

If you read my post, it's the timing that bothers me. If they're unlucky, Kero is gone while they're down god knows how many Centermen already. Sending Dowling to the taxi squad instead also would have saved cap without running the risk of losing a useful warm body at the worst possible moment.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
If you read my post, it's the timing that bothers me. If they're unlucky, Kero is gone while they're down god knows how many Centermen already. Sending Dowling to the taxi squad instead also would have saved cap without running the risk of losing a useful warm body at the worst possible moment.

There is no risk. Nobody is picking up Tanner Kero . He's a career AHL player who hadn't seen NHL action in 3 years prior to this season. Not to mention Dowling and Keros production is pretty much identical this year.

Reactions: LT

Satan

MIGHTY
Apr 13, 2010
Lapland
:laugh:

M88K

irreverent
May 24, 2014
Kero makes more money than dowling.
Besides, since Dowling doesn't require waivers they may have also assigned him as a paper transaction to the taxi squad and not done a press release because it was a paper move only.

Nobody is claiming kero

Ghost of Kyiv

Wanted Dead and Alive
Feb 1, 2015
Schrödinger's Box
I think this is more about trade deadline flexibility then the salary cap component.

You waive him now so you know you can move him up and down next week should transactions necessitate such a move. His chances of getting claimed today are pretty low. Next week after the cellar dwellers sell off their depth guys, his chances of getting claimed would be a bit higher as teams would literally just need warm bodies at that point.

Reactions: Hinterland

M88K

irreverent
May 24, 2014
I think this is more about trade deadline flexibility then the salary cap component.

You waive him now so you know you can move him up and down next week should transactions necessitate such a move. His chances of getting claimed today are pretty low. Next week after the cellar dwellers sell off their depth guys, his chances of getting claimed would be a bit higher as teams would literally just need warm bodies at that point.
The team is doing cap gymnastics so they can fit Bishop in, when he's able to return.
And even with that, they're going to have to get creative.

WhoahNow

WhatsApp lead the way
Sep 7, 2011
Next 4 games are going to be super interesting: Blackhawks x2, Panthers, Predators then the trade deadline. With how mid the 4-6 teams are in the central maybe Nill won't sell off anyone if dallas wins say 3 of those games. That would require them stringing wins together which Dallas seems allergic to doing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad