Speculation: 2020-21 Season Rumors and Facts Thread

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
NHL exploring temporary realignment, short-term hubs for 2020-21

Small excerpt below

"Obviously, we're not going to move all seven Canadian franchises south of the 49th Parallel, and so we have to look at alternative ways to play" Bettman said. "And while crossing the US-Canadian border is an issue, we're also seeing within the United States limitations in terms of quarantining when you go from certain states to other states. It's again part of having to be flexible.
"It may be that we're better off, particularly if we're playing a reduced schedule, which we are contemplating, keeping it geographically centric, more divisional based, and realigning, again on a temporary basis, to deal with the travel issue.

Bettman

Reactions: bellagiobob

barry halls

Nov 13, 2018
This is exciting. But I’ll say it again, the Canadian division terrifies me. Don’t know if this team is confident and mature enough yet to handle that level of pressure and competition. But then again you just know the big dogs are going to come out like rabid wolves after the embarrassment of the qualifiers.

McJadeddog

Sep 25, 2003
Regina, Saskatchewan
sounding more and more like they're determined to start as early as possible in January...fans or no fans

I'm excited

Yeah, as long as they can do it relatively safely, I would obviously be quite happy about having something to break up the hum-drum of repeating the same day over and over and over again. My family is still being very strict about our "COVID measures" and basically doesn't do anything outside of my kids hockey. I work from home, so basically don't leave the house for anything other than groceries and hockey twice a week. Having hockey games on at night again would be a god-send for my sanity to be honest.

CantHaveTkachev

Legends
Nov 30, 2004
St. OILbert, AB
Yeah, as long as they can do it relatively safely, I would obviously be quite happy about having something to break up the hum-drum of repeating the same day over and over and over again. My family is still being very strict about our "COVID measures" and basically doesn't do anything outside of my kids hockey. I work from home, so basically don't leave the house for anything other than groceries and hockey twice a week. Having hockey games on at night again would be a god-send for my sanity to be honest.
It'll definitely be a reprieve for those who choose to stay home day after day

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $50.00
    Event closes