Speculation: 2020-21 Season Rumors and Facts Thread

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
Maybe it's the meatloaf talking, but I like these division alignments and conferences. They should ditch the West/East and go back to Campbell and Wales conferences with these divisions.

Reactions: Bring Back Bucky

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
Maybe it's the meatloaf talking, but I like these division alignments and conferences. They should ditch the West/East and go back to Campbell and Wales conferences with these divisions.

Its the beer your drinking with the meatloaf maybe? Or maybe its the spices you are using...

Reactions: McFuhryous

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
Its the beer your drinking with the meatloaf maybe? Or maybe its the spices you are using...

No, not a beer guy. Just never got a taste for it...except I used to have a rare Guinness and the rare Coors light bloodied right up with Clam...I'm talking cold day in hell rare.

Then kids came along and I promised myself they would never, ever see their dad drink alcohol of any type in front of them and I've held onto that.

Must be the oregano. I used double what the recipe called for. I also used a smoked Gouda cheese for the first time with black forest ham in the middle of it (lay the meatloaf mixture flat, layer the ham and cheese in the middle then fold the meat over, smother it in a tomato sauce mixture and bake it), so maybe it's the Gouda. This post belongs more in the canteen thread lol.

Delicious Pancakes

Top Pocket Find
Apr 23, 2012
Home
No, not a beer guy. Just never got a taste for it...except I used to have a rare Guinness and the rare Coors light bloodied right up with Clam...I'm talking cold day in hell rare.

Then kids came along and I promised myself they would never, ever see their dad drink alcohol of any type in front of them and I've held onto that.

Must be the oregano. I used double what the recipe called for. I also used a smoked Gouda cheese for the first time with black forest ham in the middle of it (lay the meatloaf mixture flat, layer the ham and cheese in the middle then fold the meat over, smother it in a tomato sauce mixture and bake it), so maybe it's the Gouda. This post belongs more in the canteen thread lol.

That might be too fancy to still be called meatloaf.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton

I did the no drinking in front of the kids till they drove me to drinking.

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007

Sounds like we might be waiting longer than Jan 13th.

mqdefault.jpg

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton

The provinces want the NHL to radically alter the North Divisions schedule so there is far less cross Canada travel in the first few weeks and way way more testing - or a full on bubble which is a non starter for the players.

Last edited:
Reactions: bellagiobob

McJadeddog

Sep 25, 2003
Regina, Saskatchewan
Not getting the warm and fuzzies about the provinces giving the go ahead here. Asking for a delay does nothing, as the case counts aren't going to be any better for at least a few more months, and the NHL isn't going to wait to start the season in April.

GMofOilers

Oct 15, 2007
Mountains
Politics playing medicine, such a dangerous game, all lead by the guy the wont come out of his house in Ontario.

Canada is becoming a embarrassment to be a part of.

GMofOilers

Oct 15, 2007
Mountains

The provinces want the NHL to radically alter the North Divisions schedule so there is far less cross Canada travel in the first few weeks and way way more testing - or a full on bubble which is a non starter for the players.

Meanwhile Florida will be able to have fans in the stands.

Yeah15

2nd Tier Fan
Mar 15, 2007
Meanwhile Florida will be able to have fans in the stands.
To me it's not about what the States let happen, we all know the USA is a different beast. It's the fact that for work I travelled through 4 different provinces last week via plane, I was on 6 different completely sold out flights. I did not have to do any testing, just some virtually useless screenings at each airport security. Personally I wouldn't allow myself to travel unless I knew I was in fully healthy condition, but not every person is the same. Also consider the fact that I could be a 100% asymptomatic carrier of the virus. All of this is absolutely ZERO issue to the provincial governments. But now we have the pro hockey players who will be travelling on their own private charters and are most likely tested daily/weekly, and this is the real problem, not the untested thousands and thousands of Canadians flying in jam-packed airplanes every single day. It's all because it's in the public spotlight, what a joke.

GMofOilers

Oct 15, 2007
Mountains
To me it's not about what the States let happen, we all know the USA is a different beast. It's the fact that for work I travelled through 4 different provinces last week via plane, I was on 6 different completely sold out flights. I did not have to do any testing, just some virtually useless screenings at each airport security. Personally I wouldn't allow myself to travel unless I knew I was in fully healthy condition, but not every person is the same. Also consider the fact that I could be a 100% asymptomatic carrier of the virus. All of this is absolutely ZERO issue to the provincial governments. But now we have the pro hockey players who will be travelling on their own private charters and are most likely tested daily/weekly, and this is the real problem, not the untested thousands and thousands of Canadians flying in jam-packed airplanes every single day. It's all because it's in the public spotlight, what a joke.

Thats what I mean, its politics playing medicine, and they dont have a clue, nothing makes sense.

McJadeddog

Sep 25, 2003
Regina, Saskatchewan
To me it's not about what the States let happen, we all know the USA is a different beast. It's the fact that for work I travelled through 4 different provinces last week via plane, I was on 6 different completely sold out flights. I did not have to do any testing, just some virtually useless seeming screenings at each airport security. Personally I wouldn't allow myself to travel unless I knew I was in fully healthy condition, but not every person is the same. Also consider the fact that I could be a 100% asymptomatic carrier of the virus. All of this is absolutely ZERO issue to the provincial governments. But now we have the pro hockey players who will be travelling on their own private charters and are most likely tested daily/weekly, and this is the real problem, not the untested thousands and thousands of Canadians flying in jam-packed airplanes every single day. It's all because it's in the public spotlight, what a joke.

Yeah, getting into how the states is handling things is a descent into madness, so lets avoid that please.

I know we are verging into the "COVID thread" territory here, but this is directly about the season restarting, so hopefully the mods will allow.

I agree 100% with the above. What the NHL teams are doing is *light years* better than what any other company/organization is doing that is currently having their employees travel. Why is one allowed and the other isn't? The NHL players are on charters, where they are only going to be infecting themselves and the crew members. Asymp people on normal flights could be infecting half the plane, and NONE OF THEM are getting regular testing. It's beyond absurd to be honest, and is 100% based on optics.

The real tragedy is that we don't have airport screening for Joe-public like they do in almost every Asian country. I am not worried about NHL'ers in the least being community spreaders, but I *am* very concerned with Joe-public who are flying on planes.

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
I'll repeat what I'm sure has been said by a bunch of other folks.
How in the world are NHL players and staff who are tested every day and have strict protocols in place even if they test positive a bigger risk than the thousands of people who are travelling in and out of these provinces every day and aren't getting tested? I just don't get it.

Or what @McJadeddog said in a more eloquent manner

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad