Speculation: 2020-21 Season Rumors and Facts Thread

bellagiobob

Jul 27, 2006
This schedule cut sheet the NHL put out is a little misleading because all times are local to the team hosting the game. So the Oilers don't have 14 games starting at 8pm and one at 9pm, they actually have 19 games starting 8pm, so a third of their schedule.

Oilers website gives all the times in MT: Edmonton Oilers Schedule

Awesome. Tons of late games, and all against Cdn teams. Can’t wait to get started. Too bad there can’t be fans in the stands, as the intensity of many of the games is potentially gonna be crazy.

Delicious Pancakes

Top Pocket Find
Apr 23, 2012
Home
Awesome. Tons of late games, and all against Cdn teams. Can’t wait to get started. Too bad there can’t be fans in the stands, as the intensity of many of the games is potentially gonna be crazy.

With all these two game sets and a few 3 gamers I'm curious to see what Tippett does with the goaltending. Do you tell Koskinen and Smith that unless games are on back to back days that if they win the first game they get the start in the second game too? Or if they lose the first game then the other guy starts the second game?

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
With all these two game sets and a few 3 gamers I'm curious to see what Tippett does with the goaltending. Do you tell Koskinen and Smith that unless games are on back to back days that if they win the first game they get the start in the second game too? Or if they lose the first game then the other guy starts the second game?

How Tippett handles our goalies will determine in large part if we make the playoffs or not. If he goes Gut with Smith we could be in trouble.

nafrelio

Aug 26, 2005
brite feuchure
I don’t mind them. They need add revenue badly so again if this gets us back to salary cap normalcy I’m good with it.

Why the concern with the NHL and players making more money? They make too much as it is - don't care for all the stupid advertising. I know they are "hurting" right now, but I don't feel bad for them. I just want to watch a game without being bombarded by ads.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
Why the concern with the NHL and players making more money? They make too much as it is - don't care for all the stupid advertising. I know they are "hurting" right now, but I don't feel bad for them. I just want to watch a game without being bombarded by ads.

I want the cap to go up so the Oilers can ad more impactful players.

Ads create revenue which gets split among owners and players 50-50 and therefore the players out of the near half billion dollars they owe the owners.

Once that is done the cap can get back to normal.

Kapiche? ;)

Reactions: nabob

McWeber

Mouthbreather
Jul 14, 2015
Lethbridge
So on insider trading they were saying that North division coaches would likely be the same all season. Im cringing at the prospect of getting stuck with Kozari and Peel or some other terrible combination for long stretches.

bone

5-14-6-1
Jun 24, 2003
Edmonton
Visit site
So on insider trading they were saying that North division coaches would likely be the same all season. Im cringing at the prospect of getting stuck with Kozari and Peel or some other terrible combination for long stretches.

This shouldn't impact linesmen much as I think they were largely regional already, but big for the refs. I think they have 40-45 refs in the league, so I'd imagine 10 or 11 of them will be assigned to the Canadian Division.

One things that will be interesting. Managing travel likely means officiating teams will be assigned to a series (i.e. the two or three games in a row in one city between two teams). Could make for some weird situations where you have teams getting into a heated series and having the same group trying to manage it a second or third straight game.

Imagine getting Brenk and Syvret in the same game. The crew of failed Oiler draft picks.

Last edited:

TopShelfGloveSide

Dec 10, 2018
This schedule cut sheet the NHL put out is a little misleading because all times are local to the team hosting the game. So the Oilers don't have 14 games starting at 8pm and one at 9pm, they actually have 19 games starting 8pm, so a third of their schedule.

Oilers website gives all the times in MT: Edmonton Oilers Schedule

giphy.gif

bone

5-14-6-1
Jun 24, 2003
Edmonton
Visit site

hope this doesn’t affect the rest of the league.

Wow, they got lucky though. The first four games were a trip through FLA (FLA/TBay). Their next trip through Florida occurs February 21st through March 3rd, and the final game before the trip is at home vs. Tampa with a day break between. The first two after are also vs. Columbus with an off. Depending on the Florida team schedules, perhaps they can make up most of in that 11 day trip.

There's also a large gap in Dallas schedule to start May that coincides with a week where Tampa and Florida only play each other. By moving one of the Tampa Florida games to the Sunday, Dallas could go back to back vs. each of them on the Monday/Tuesday to get in two games.

Last edited:
Reactions: AddyTheWrath

KMart27

Jun 9, 2013
This shouldn't impact linesmen much as I think they were largely regional already, but big for the refs. I think they have 40-45 refs in the league, so I'd imagine 10 or 11 of them will be assigned to the Canadian Division.

One things that will be interesting. Managing travel likely means officiating teams will be assigned to a series (i.e. the two or three games in a row in one city between two teams). Could make for some weird situations where you have teams getting into a heated series and having the same group trying to manage it a second or third straight game.

Imagine getting Brenk and Syvret in the same game. The crew of failed Oiler draft picks.

Wrong Syvret.

Reactions: Samus44

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad