Speculation: 2020-21 Season Rumors and Facts Thread

McJadeddog

Sep 25, 2003
Regina, Saskatchewan
What a weird schedule for the timing of games. So many late games, I'm guessing that is because they want to be able to show the western games in TV-double headers in the all-Canadian division? Way more late games than normal at any point. I'm gonna have a lot of late to bed nights it looks like.

Reactions: nabob

jukon

NHL Point Leader
Mar 17, 2011
I think the schedule is going to make for some really interesting hockey. Coaches will need to know their opponents better and can make a lot of adjustments within a 2-3 game mini series. Not so much of the normal "We're just going to worry about how we play". It will really separate the great coaches from everyone else. I hope that Tippett and company don't disappoint.

I am afraid of all of the opposition glued to McDavid. I think that there is potential for things to get really ugly when penalties aren't called properly (and you know they won't).

Reactions: 94 Oil Drops

94 Oil Drops

McHy is the new McDrai.
Sep 19, 2019
Alberta
What a weird schedule for the timing of games. So many late games, I'm guessing that is because they want to be able to show the western games in TV-double headers in the all-Canadian division? Way more late games than normal at any point. I'm gonna have a lot of late to bed nights it looks like.
It annoys me that we can't play the fLames until February... A full calendar year will have passed since the last Battle of Alberta and we all know what happened. Why can't we have one in January?

Reactions: 5 Mins 4 Ftg

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
I think I need a bucket...

Eq-mDNlVgAAb-kb

Fixed to Ruin

Come wit it now!
Feb 28, 2007
Grande Prairie, AB
its going to be like nascar now.
When a car makes a pit stop, the announcers always says the so and so car is stopping for 4 Goodyear tires and some Sonoco fuel.

Now its going to be the Oilers and Flames are fighting for the lead of the Scotiabank north division. And they will say this as often as possible like those terrible Boston Pizza commercials during an Oilers game.

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
When a car makes a pit stop, the announcers always says the so and so car is stopping for 4 Goodyear tires and some Sonoco fuel.

Now its going to be the Oilers and Flames are fighting for the lead of the Scotiabank north division. And they will say this as often as possible like those terrible Boston Pizza commercials during an Oilers game.

I wonder if Scotia and Honda will have to drop naming rights of the arenas in Shelbyville #1 and Shelbyville #2. I could care less but someone with power involved in the league may view it as a conflict of interest.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
I wonder if Scotia and Honda will have to drop naming rights of the arenas in Shelbyville #1 and Shelbyville #2. I could care less but someone with power involved in the league may view it as a conflict of interest.

They are separate advertising entities so I would think not.

Reactions: McFuhryous

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton

Or after the brilliant Skip The Dishes commercials! The Oilers should have sold naming rights to Skip and just put Aloha on their helmets because it means delicious.

Delicious Pancakes

Top Pocket Find
Apr 23, 2012
Home

This schedule cut sheet the NHL put out is a little misleading because all times are local to the team hosting the game. So the Oilers don't have 14 games starting at 8pm and one at 9pm, they actually have 19 games starting 8pm, so a third of their schedule.

Oilers website gives all the times in MT: Edmonton Oilers Schedule

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
This schedule cut sheet the NHL put out is a little misleading because all times are local to the team hosting the game. So the Oilers don't have 14 games starting at 8pm and one at 9pm, they actually have 19 games starting 8pm, so a third of their schedule.

I hate 8 PM local start times but I get why they are doing it, so we are the last game in televised double headers but it means more late bedtimes as I cant relax for hours after a game. :confused:

McJadeddog

Sep 25, 2003
Regina, Saskatchewan

Ah, I didn't notice that, thanks for pointing that out.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad