GDT: 2020-21 season game 55 LA Kings vs Colorado Avalanche @6:00pm 5/12/21

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Todd says it’s a waste of time to stay and answer questions from the scant media contingent. If he can’t face the audience and provide coherent answers, imagine what he says to the actual players. You don’t have to ponder too deeply to realize whatever he is saying and doing, the team isn’t putting it towards anything measurably good.

Madder at the media than he was on the bench.

f*** this guy.

Reclamation Project

Cut It All Right In Two
Jul 6, 2011
Haha, let's fire the coach because the players quit on him. How many coaches have they quit on since 2014? Stay the course with TM, don't give these losers another coach.

Reactions: Ollie Weeks

Reaper45

Jul 14, 2003
Los Angeles
These guys got their dicks kicked in. f*** it. Is there another Tkachuk we can draft/trade for? I know Brady and Matthew aren’t going anywhere. This team needs a f***ing attitude adjustment.

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
These guys got their dicks kicked in. f*** it. Is there another Tkachuk we can draft/trade for? I know Brady and Matthew aren’t going anywhere. This team needs a f***ing attitude adjustment.

Nick Foligno will be a UFA. He won’t fit on this team of quitters though, he plays with heart, and that will upset the veterans.

Reactions: Reaper45
Jun 30, 2006
I don’t disagree with you, just pointing out that the term “core” doesn’t mean much right now.

TBH, I didn’t watch the game. Did Quick play? Doesn’t matter, I only caught parts of the postgame show but still you watch these guys just wave the white flag and not care. It’s not a surprise to anyone. Management doesn’t call anyone out. Todd’s hands are tied etc.

Kopitar was just telling the fans the other night how disappointed he was, and that they were working hard and trying to put a better product on the ice...then they go out and lay a turd on the ice in Colorado.

bland

Jul 1, 2004
Kopitar is the Captain, and when he doesn’t give a shit, who will? Which leads to my next point, he shouldn’t be Captain anymore.
About two weeks ago, after Brown's multiple pointer, Bathe asked him what he and Kopitar say to the kids as leaders, and Brown said, paraphrasing, "nothing, really, we just show up and try to set an example".

Maybe try saying something?

I love every single thing Kopitar does, but there are some things he doesn't do, and those are things this team badly needs. Somebody needs to lead from the front, set a standard and inspire accountability from those under him. Its just not his thing, never has been.

kingsfan28

Its A Kingspiracy !
Feb 27, 2005
Corsi Hill
Man, Todd sure seemed fed up. The Kings seem to have him on the verge of quitting.

They sure played like they didn't care, and i don't blame him. They showed ZERO pride tonight in trying to make the game competitive after the first goal. Petersen quit after goal 2, his body language spoke volumes! I knew it was over after that.

kingsfan28

Its A Kingspiracy !
Feb 27, 2005
Corsi Hill
I'm out of words really.

Literally worse by points % than last season.

This year was supposed to represent progress. They literally in the standings and visually completely regressed.

There was progress, it just stopped after the mid-season point. One thing that happened was all the young guys hit the wall at the same time. We didn't have the experience around them to let it play out. Maata was a disaster and so was McLoss on defense. They needed an experienced guy to help doughty out. Valardi was the only one who turned it around at the end. Sucks.

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
Kopitar is the Captain, and when he doesn’t give a shit, who will? Which leads to my next point, he shouldn’t be Captain anymore.

Kopitar hasn't visibly given a shit for one or two seasons. Anyone who's watching the score sheet only won't notice that Kopitar hasn't given a shit the whole season.

Reactions: Reaper45

tny760

Mar 12, 2017
i just really hope there's some change over the offseason, don't really care to throw about blame but there's plenty for everyone, team and coach

whether it's the players quitting on the system, the system sucking, or a combination of both, a 6-0 loss with 14 shots for is just embarrassing for an NHL club

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
I don’t blame Todd, there’s a long history of this aging core quitting on coaches.

And then the question that needs to be asked is who has quit from the core this year? Doughty has been good so this isn't a Doughty problem. Kopitar has been dogging it all year. Quick hasn't played started to be a quick problem. Brown makes only 5 million a year and wears no letter so there's not much on his shoulders. Carter pouted his way off the team and had visibly quit. That's apparent with how good he is in Pittsburgh. Iafallo is some kid doing good who we randomly got from college. So the suck isn't on him.

So who shares most of the blame? Kopitar. Who has been playing like he doesn't care all season? Kopitar and Carter. Common denominator. Kopitar.

Kopitar has quit on the Kings as a captain. And Tmac has quit on the Kings. We aren't losing Kopitar any time soon unfortunately. So TMac is on the chopping block.

Kopitar should have never gotten the C with his passive demeanor.

Reactions: DryIslandBartender

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
Nick Foligno will be a UFA. He won’t fit on this team of quitters though, he plays with heart, and that will upset the veterans.
It's time to move a vet out to shake things up among those who remain. Problem is some of the contracts are untradeable.

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
What does "I'm waiting my time here" mean?

Why?

I think that was a typo, Todd actually said, “I’m wasting my time here.”

I think those who don’t think McLellan should be fired don’t want to give the players yet another easy out. They’ve had four different coaches since 2017, and it’s the same result over and over again.

Reactions: Reclamation Project

HookKing

Dec 12, 2008
A lot of folks on here don't seem to get the reality of a rebuild. Move out a vet? I think Blake has already done that. Replacing vets with AHL guys isn't going to help the team in the short run. Worst thing ever for this board was winning a cup. Two cups has turned it into a huge insufferable whinefest.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad