GDT: 2020-21 season game 34 LA Kings vs Vegas Golden Knights @7:00pm 3/31/21

Bandit

Jul 23, 2005
Unemployed in Greenland
Why do people think Lemieux would have stopped that? Or is he such a loose cannon he is going to hop the boards and go Dwayne Robertson a la D2?

If anything he will pull the same stupid dirty shit that should be removed from the game.
Yeah I mean Lemieux will just be laying that hit on someone else while wearing a Kings uniform.

crassbonanza

Fire Luc
Sep 28, 2017
Why do people think Lemieux would have stopped that? Or is he such a loose cannon he is going to hop the boards and go Dwayne Robertson a la D2?

If anything he will pull the same stupid dirty shit that should be removed from the game.

As long as hockey is a contact sport there are going to be questionable hits. Having a guy that will stand up for his teammates is extremely important. Now, if you eliminate hitting completely I can agree with you, but as long as hitting exists you need someone who will show that we won't put up with dirty hits on our rookie.

Martyros

Allow me to retort
Aug 13, 2005
Holly Hood
that was such an unnecessary hit. Well over 2 seconds after swinging the puck around the boards, stephenson looks directly at Bjornfot, RAISES HIS ELBOW TO HIS HIS FACE. completely unnecessary. You can't watch that and say "questionable", that was blatant.

Herby

Now I can die in peace
Feb 27, 2002
Mullett Lake, MI

Agreed. It's funny to think that anything is going to stop cheap shots. The Kings have had MacD in the lineup for the majority of games this year and have taken cheapshots and people think Brendan Lemieux is going to stop them?

As you said, we have a much better chance of seeing a Brendan Lemieux thread for throwing a hit like that than we do of him preventing one.

The NHLPA continues to defend and try and limit the suspensions for these cheap shots (against other NHLPA members, lol) and until that changes the hits will never stop.

GoldenBearHockey

Jan 6, 2014
that was such an unnecessary hit. Well over 2 seconds after swinging the puck around the boards, stephenson looks directly at Bjornfot, RAISES HIS ELBOW TO HIS HIS FACE. completely unnecessary. You can't watch that and say "questionable", that was blatant.

Had no problem with the timing of the hit, but he CLEARLY went high, not even a question of....whoops...I mistimed, mislined, misjudged...he clearly went after the head...

GoldenBearHockey

Jan 6, 2014
Agreed. It's funny to think that anything is going to stop cheap shots. The Kings have had MacD in the lineup for the majority of games this year and have taken cheapshots and people think Brendan Lemieux is going to stop them?

As you said, we have a much better chance of seeing a Brendan Lemieux thread for throwing a hit like that than we do of him preventing one.

The NHLPA continues to defend and try and limit the suspensions for these cheap shots (against other NHLPA members, lol) and until that changes the hits will never stop.

This right here, people think it's the league that doesn't want to suspend etc, it's not.

crassbonanza

Fire Luc
Sep 28, 2017
Agreed. It's funny to think that anything is going to stop cheap shots. The Kings have had MacD in the lineup for the majority of games this year and have taken cheapshots and people like Brendan Lemieux is going to stop them?

For myself, I don't believe Lemmy will stop cheap shots, but I do believe that he will be out there chirping the Knights and telling them he won't put up with that shit happening to his teammates(or at least hope so). Think back on Tkachuk running Doughty with no repercussions and realized how demoralized that team looked. I knew the run was over when that happened and not a damn person on the team stood up.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Love the greasy goals tonight. If they can consistently find ways to score when the top guys arent on the ice itll get them a good amount of wins.

Amen. That is what I want to see out of the 'grit' guys. Make the gravity of the rink collapse towards the opposing net. If you've got 6 players there banging away at loose pucks, you're doing your job.

Ah the darkest timeline theory, how could I have missed that? I cede my time.

Wouldn't be on the receiving end of a major in the 2nd if we take it first! :sarcasm:

Watching the replay he even loads it up by taking his hand off his stick. That's not a spur of the moment play, that's a guy who knows what he's doing. He's lined up for a great hit otherwise, just drive right shoulder into Toby's chest, but instead leans into his left arm.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad