GDT: 2020-21 season game 33 LA Kings vs Vegas Golden Knights @7:00pm 3/29/21

Status
Not open for further replies.

tny760

Mar 12, 2017
pour one out for FSW/Prime. The next local game is on Baily's Sports west [same channel].
wonder what's going on behind the scenes, maybe it's an explanation for the drop in broadcast quality if guys are on their way out the door

guess there's no excuse if it's a pure rebrand and the same crew's running the show but damn, the telecast has sucked lately

bland

Jul 1, 2004
i think doughty might have taken him out from behind on that last sequence where he was on his butt making snow angels but i don't disagree as a whole. he didn't look sharp and it's a bit worrying now to me because he used to just have the "off" game every now and then, i feel like i'm seeing more of them from him lately

100% not putting this entirely on him cause like bandit said, lehner was a limpdick himself and the kings hardly even tested him.. just pretty damn pathetic all around

Not putting it on Quick at all, but he did not look good. Its not really a "great save" when you put yourself completely out of position for any kind of rebound. That happened several times tonight and it cost them twice. Goaltending was definitely part of the problem. They lost to a better team, and one of the things better teams do is put on the pressure to make you beat yourself.

Docgonzo

Triple Crown Line
Jan 9, 2010
Chino, Ca
They need more physicality, Vegas was running wild on them. They need more skill, PP is slowing down and they can’t score 5 on 5. They need more physical defenseman they’re small and weak on the backend. They need more offensive defenseman, only one scoring is Doughty. They need more vets the team is too inexperienced. They need more youth the team is filled with non caring vets.

Did I forget anything? Just wanted to cover my bases after a loss.

bouncesonly

May 1, 2014
San Diego
They need more physicality, Vegas was running wild on them. They need more skill, PP is slowing down and they can’t score 5 on 5. They need more physical defenseman they’re small and weak on the backend. They need more offensive defenseman, only one scoring is Doughty. They need more vets the team is too inexperienced. They need more youth the team is filled with non caring vets.

Faust and Fox, u idiot :sarcasm:

Johnny Utah

Aug 2, 2005
Santa Monica, CA
A few weeks ago I would said the Kings needed a top 4 D, a gritty forward and a skilled forward. They only filled one need some far.

The only really skilled winger in the top 6 is Kempe. Would like to see what Frk could do.

bland

Jul 1, 2004
It's a bummer because they had 'it' for a period and a third or so, but once they started folding they just full collapsed
That's just who they are. If they didn't have these issues we wouldn't have such shiney toys in Ontario. All part of the process, at least they show up in spurts so we can see the promise, but in reality nearly half of these guys won't be part of the next Kings team to win a playoff series.

Schmooley

Apr 5, 2016

Are you covering your bases for a team after a loss or for a team that goes 2-6 during crunch time and loses to teams worse than them like the sharks and previously split with the ducks? I think it would be harsh critique for a single loss but theres some truth to all of what you said at different points during this last stretch. Its nothing to be upset about because they arent contending right now anyway and its just really about watching a team grow and waiting for the next core to get into the lineup.

yankeeking

Jun 4, 2007
I.E.
So this trade for lemioux might pay dividend in a game or series like this, watch how they skate on Wednesday night, absolutely no fear of getting wiped out and as soon as they touch the puck they turn and go , maybe our new criminal gives them something else to think about when they get a turnover or intercept a pass . Since they have been in the league it’s always a buzz saw type offence against us at least , and Big Mac keeps them honest but can’t catch them , hopefully when BL gets a few hits in they start putting their heads on a swivel at least

Reactions: Raccoon Jesus

Crownroyal21

Mar 19, 2019
Missed most of the game I was at work. I’m a bartender and the game was on but didn’t get to see much. What the hell happened? It was 1-0. Then next time I looked it was 1-2. I get it that’s Vegas.

Docgonzo

Triple Crown Line
Jan 9, 2010
Chino, Ca
Are you covering your bases for a team after a loss or for a team that goes 2-6 during crunch time and loses to teams worse than them like the sharks and previously split with the ducks? I think it would be harsh critique for a single loss but theres some truth to all of what you said at different points during this last stretch. Its nothing to be upset about because they arent contending right now anyway and its just really about watching a team grow and waiting for the next core to get into the lineup.

I don’t think we’re better than the Sharks, other than goaltending the teams seem to be pretty equal.

kingsholygrail

Banana Split 1-1
Sponsor
Dec 21, 2006
Derpifornia
Missed most of the game I was at work. I’m a bartender and the game was on but didn’t get to see much. What the hell happened? It was 1-0. Then next time I looked it was 1-2. I get it that’s Vegas.
Vegas decided the warm up was over and came out to play in the 2nd. Kings couldn't keep up with an actual team.

Schmooley

Apr 5, 2016
I don’t think we’re better than the Sharks, other than goaltending the teams seem to be pretty equal.
You are probably right. I actually think on paper the Sharks should be closer to first than last. They are underperforming and Kings are about right on point though they have played above their heads at points this year.

Peter James Bond III

CHROMIAK COMETH
Jul 8, 2020
Lol Carter

Vilardi is being ruined, having Carter drag him down and all other players on the ice. Carter does nothing to support the puck, can't handle the puck, can't pass the puck, can't win a battle, can't outskate anyone...and is possibly the easiest player in the NHL to play against. Makes 0 elite level plays. The Kings will not make the playoffs, until Carter is gone. Blake had better execute the Carter exit plan now.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
That’s how I saw it as well. It was a scrimmage for VGK and then they flipped the switch. Game over.

Game like that shows how far the Kings have to go to be in the hunt.

I'll actually disagree.

I DO think a game like that shows how far we have to go to be in the hunt.

But it's not because VGK wasn't trying. you're not going to control an entire game against an elite team. We've all seen that in the Cup years. even the 2012 Kings had stretches of getting run over.

We give better teams a much harder time than this forum will give LAK credit for.

It's about getting better, being able to put it all together, and being just a bit better to win a game when everything doesn't go your way, and being mentally and physically able to push back after weathering the storms. We have three absolute favorites in our division in VGK, COL, and STL (but they're decimated) and we've done pretty much as well--or better visually, frankly--against them as we have against the teams 'below' us. They just break us at key moments--and we're not quite 'there' yet for the recovery and pushback.

Master Yoda

LA Legends
Aug 6, 2003
El Paso
Not putting it on Quick at all, but he did not look good. Its not really a "great save" when you put yourself completely out of position for any kind of rebound. That happened several times tonight and it cost them twice. Goaltending was definitely part of the problem. They lost to a better team, and one of the things better teams do is put on the pressure to make you beat yourself.
Since their winning streak, Quick has mostly looked mediocre and at times pretty bad like tonight and the SJ game. He was doing his best Kelly Hrudey impression tonight. Never seen him swimming so much in his entire career.

Jun 30, 2006
I'll actually disagree.

I DO think a game like that shows how far we have to go to be in the hunt.

But it's not because VGK wasn't trying. you're not going to control an entire game against an elite team. We've all seen that in the Cup years. even the 2012 Kings had stretches of getting run over.

We give better teams a much harder time than this forum will give LAK credit for.

It's about getting better, being able to put it all together, and being just a bit better to win a game when everything doesn't go your way, and being mentally and physically able to push back after weathering the storms. We have three absolute favorites in our division in VGK, COL, and STL (but they're decimated) and we've done pretty much as well--or better visually, frankly--against them as we have against the teams 'below' us. They just break us at key moments--and we're not quite 'there' yet for the recovery and pushback.

tHu9pcv.gif

Surprisingly coherent for someone that’s been drinking all night.

Reactions: Raccoon Jesus

KingsFan7824

Dec 4, 2003
Visit site
Since being 9-6-3, 17th overall, and 4th in the West on Feb 24th, the Kings have gone 4-8-3, 29th overall, and 7th in the West. Only ahead of Anaheim, and Buffalo, should you wish to count the Sabres as an NHL team.

The Kings still have the 11th best PP, and the 3rd best PK, since Feb 25th.

Vilardi leads the team in ES pts since 2/25 with 7. Athanasiou and Moore are tied with Kopitar in ES pts at 6. Brown has 1 assist at ES since 2/25.

Petersen, 2-3-3, .913sv%. Quick, 1-5, .880sv%.

March 10th, the Kings were 11-8-6, 18th overall, 5th in the West. Grosenick came in and had himself a game against the Ducks.

Since March 11th, and no more Grosenick to save the day, the Kings are 30th overall in pts%, 2-6-0, only ahead of the mess in Buffalo. Only ahead of the mess in Buffalo in GF as well. 12 ES goals in the 8 games. Iafallo, Roy, and Moore and tied for the team lead at 2 ES goals each.

The Sharks are now tied with the Kings in pts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad